Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2017
    I didn't understand a single fucking word in that line of nonsense. And I'm pretty fucking brilliant so ....

SC sure produced a shit load of busts from that era
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I didn't understand a single fucking word in that line of nonsense. And I'm pretty fucking brilliant so ....

They produced a shit ton of stars too.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Mosster47 said:

They produced a shit ton of stars too.
    Relative to draft order, not really.

Off the top of my head, guys that were drafted very high (1st/2nd round) and did exactly shit, or slightly more than shit, include: Lendale White, Winston Justice, Keith Rivers, Mike Williams, Shaun Cody, Keary Colbert, Leinhart, Jacob Rogers, Taitusi Lutui, Steve Smith, D. Jarrett, Lawrence Jackson, Sam Baker, Chilo Rachal, Charles Brown, Taylor Mays, Sedrick Ellis, Terrell Thomas, R. Jay Soward, etc. Just a quick look at 1st and 2nd round guys who either whiffed completely or were disappointments relative to draft status - i.e., the would not have been drafted in that position with the benefit of hindsight.

Yeah there have been stars ... of course. But from 2000 until Pete left, that program was fucking ON FIRE and was reputed as a talent factory. That list up there is closing in on 20 1st / 2nd round picks who didn't do shit relative to their draft status, and I was generous not listing a few, like Sanchez and Bush, and I didn't look very hard.

If I took the same approach most of the royotis mensas here take when criticizing Toretta for having no pro career, even though he was drafted in like the 98th round, I could be even more severe with big names like Darnell Bing, Joe Knight and about a million other highly touted 5* running backs who didn't do shit, along with many, many others.

I'll give Udeze and Patterson a break ... they got sick, and both were playing well before that happened.
  • Options

Trojan players struggle with the pay cut they get when they enter the NFL

There it is.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Creep might love and hate this.

The U is the #1 overperforming school when comparing draft value and NFL performance since 2002.

But SC comes in #8.

OTOH, our soft frens at UCLA made the bottom ten as did creeps frens at Free Shoes U.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    dnc said:

The U is the #1 overperforming school when comparing draft value and NFL performance since 2002.

I knew this w/o looking. Da U baby. Eat me flea.
    dnc said:

But SC comes in #8.

We're #8! We're #8! I'll bet that's much lower than most people thought.
    dnc said:

OTOH, our soft frens at UCLA made the bottom ten as did creeps frens at Free Shoes U.

Not surprising. Although both programs have produced some incredible all-timers.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    So this thred is about teams with mucho talent that underperform on The Field?

Awesome!

• Options
    AZDuck said:

So this thred is about teams with mucho talent that underperform on The Field?

Awesome!

Pump my gas Duck!!!!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,363
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keyshawn Johnson said this morning that USC has NEVER paid players. Reggie Bush had nothing to do with the school.

I don't care but if you get caught buying a house for parents, (by the agent not the school!)
    you have a great program in place and you are buying players.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2017

Keyshawn Johnson said this morning that USC has NEVER paid players. Reggie Bush had nothing to do with the school.

I don't care but if you get caught buying a house for parents, (by the agent not the school!)
    you have a great program in place and you are buying players.

Everyone pays their players even shitfuck schools like WSU do.