Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Malloe the Next Strauser?

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Who gives a shit if he's a good coach if he whiffs in recruiting 2 years in a row. Half his job is coaching...the other half is recruiting. 50% is a failing grade.

For Malloe it is probably more like 75% recruiting and 25% coaching because of Kwiatkowski's presence, influence, and our defensive structure
    I wonder if Pete went after Joe Salave'a before Malloe..... I don't know if Pete and Salave'a would have meshed well though..... Malloe seems too 'nice' lol must be the utah state rubbing off on him

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Who gives a shit if he's a good coach if he whiffs in recruiting 2 years in a row. Half his job is coaching...the other half is recruiting. 50% is a failing grade.

For Malloe it is probably more like 75% recruiting and 25% coaching because of Kwiatkowski's presence, influence, and our defensive structure
    That's 100% failure of 75% of his overall grade. If he comes up blank on the two highly rated Poly D linemen, UW is fucked. So while we LIPO, Malloe is digging a hole coach K can't climb out of. The Depth chart looks like shit after Veta sells couch.
    It's not shit ... but it goes from national elite DTs to good P12 DTs
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

We're doomed! You don't need three years to see that he's pretty shitty as a recruiter, and what exactly has he done as a coach?

Our DL play was pretty fucking good last year. So, I don't think he is a bad coach, but as a recruiter the verdict will be made after this signing period.
    Jeff Choate says hi. In other words, I could've been the DL coach last year and ridden the wave established by Kwiatkowski and Choate.

His recruiting blows. We have other new coaches that are already kicking ass recruiting their positions. Malloe better pull his head out of his ass.
  • Options
    TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    I'd hire Eddie Aikau or Don Ho if they can recruit the pacific. So important for the west coast. Either be an amazing coach or an amazing recruiter and if you're both then all the better.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'd hire Eddie Aikau or Don Ho if they can recruit the pacific. So important for the west coast. Either be an amazing coach or an amazing recruiter and if you're both then all the better Neither then GTFO

Fixed
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Choate could always come back to UW if things don't work out at Montana State.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That's 100% failure of 75% of his overall grade. If he comes up blank on the two highly rated Poly D linemen, UW is fucked. So while we LIPO, Malloe is digging a hole coach K can't climb out of. The Depth chart looks like shit after Veta sells couch.
    Let's not forget about Greg Gaines. Kid is an AA type. But yeah, once VIta is gone if we don't have other great pieces, Gaines will just get triple teamed every play. He can only eat so many people.
    I think Gaines could declare after this season too. I don't understand why he gets so much less attention than the Poly DT's. He's just as much of a monster.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Let's not forget about Greg Gaines. Kid is an AA type. But yeah, once VIta is gone if we don't have other great pieces, Gaines will just get triple teamed every play. He can only eat so many people.
    I think Gaines could declare after this season too. I don't understand why he gets so much less attention than the Poly DT's. He's just as much of a monster.
    Greg is going to the NFL after this season. He is already well developed there is just not much room for him to grow at this point.
    Gaines is going to be an absolute animal this year, even more so than last. He's going to be a massive disruptive force for the other offenses in the PAC, and more importantly, the USC OL that lost 3 starters.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

I personally think Gaines was more disruptive last year than Vita. But I'm drunk so what do I know. If Gaines and Vita both leave after this year, we fucked. Missing Marlon really fucking sucks.

He was but Vita has way more upside than Gaines. Both are physically rare but Vita is a Ndomkung Suh or An Aaron Donald type of athlete.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Levi O needs to eat that poly diet so he can bulk up to 300
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I personally think Gaines was more disruptive last year than Vita. But I'm drunk so what do I know. If Gaines and Vita both leave after this year, we fucked. Missing Marlon really fucking sucks.

I pray to allah that Ali develops in to a player we think he can become.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Greg is going to the NFL after this season. He is already well developed there is just not much room for him to grow at this point.
    Per an actual source I have on the team, Gaines wanted to leave after last season if he got a good enough draft grade (top 3 rounds I'm assuming) but didn't. He gone after next season.
    There is no good reason for a kid to leave early if he is not in the 1-3rd round player. No guarantee money after 4th round