Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

Yeah, Savell, go waste your talent at FSU with Taggart. That's super wise. It sounds like Savell just wants to have fun. I thought he was a serious student with business school aspirations, a desire to get developed, etc. Sounds like that was all a crock of shit.
    We got outrecruited. In the exact way many were predicting in the OKG thread even though you insisted there was not an issue.

Don't blame the kids. Blame the people getting paid six and seven figures to sell the kids.
    He said those words. Now FSU, O, and WSU are at or near the top of his list? Now he's talking about UW being full of high brow, preppy, rich kids who don't know what it's like to be from the inner city as he transfers to a private Catholic college prep school? I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Oregon has some more black kids than us. That is not an "issue", for fuck's sake.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Roof posted something in her message boards on it.

Essentially said last time she talked with Sav'ell his whole tone changed. Sounded almost "angry" about the idea of OKG. Also said "Washington's more about guys who are "preppy" and high brow, rich kids who don't know what it's like to be from the inner city."

Jesus Christ. Who the fuck is a "rich kid" on this roster besides Haener? The vast of majority of these kids come from the same background as Savell because Savell ain't from the hood. I live in South Seattle/Renton. It ain't really hood out here anymore bro so I don't know what the fuck he's talking about. Been here two years, haven't heard a gun shot or seen a fight yet and there are A LOT of other black folk around here. Garfield high school has been gentrified. It ain't really a tough school like that anymore. Now he goes to a private school and yet he's complaining about being around rich kids? This is retarded.

L.A. is hood. We got L.A. kids on this roster. Sacramento is hood. We got SAC kids or have had them in the past. The bay area is hood in certain areas. We got Bay kids or have had them in the past. Savell doesn't know what the hood really is because there ain't no hood in Seattle like there is in L.A, SAC, Oakland, Fresno, etc. He's never experienced that level of poverty, violence, and crime around him. It just doesn't exist in Seattle. There's nothing "preppy" about the vast majority of our players. Most come from poor or working class backgrounds just like everybody else. Our black players have tattoos, and dreads, and braids, and say "nigga" too and come from the culture too bro. They are no different than you. Some of them actually come from way more struggle than you. You have both parents in your life supporting you. Some of them don't. You think a guy like Bralen Trice is preppy just because he's light skinned? He has no dad in his life and comes from the dirt down in Arizona with a single mom. Stop being an idiot. You have no idea what other guys have been through growing up. Just because they're good guys doesn't mean they don't know struggle or think they're better than you or anybody else. Fucking Kaleb McGary has been through more struggle than you. Stop it. You're being prejudiced and an idiot.
    I don’t believe that narrative is true.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Essentially said last time she talked with Sav'ell his whole tone changed. Sounded almost "angry" about the idea of OKG. Also said "Washington's more about guys who are "preppy" and high brow, rich kids who don't know what it's like to be from the inner city."

Jesus Christ. Who the fuck is a "rich kid" on this roster besides Haener? The vast of majority of these kids come from the same background as Savell because Savell ain't from the hood. I live in South Seattle/Renton. It ain't really hood out here anymore bro so I don't know what the fuck he's talking about. Been here two years, haven't heard a gun shot or seen a fight yet and there are A LOT of other black folk around here. Garfield high school has been gentrified. It ain't really a tough school like that anymore. Now he goes to a private school and yet he's complaining about being around rich kids? This is retarded.

L.A. is hood. We got L.A. kids on this roster. Sacramento is hood. We got SAC kids or have had them in the past. The bay area is hood in certain areas. We got Bay kids or have had them in the past. Savell doesn't know what the hood really is because there ain't no hood in Seattle like there is in L.A, SAC, Oakland, Fresno, etc. He's never experienced that level of poverty, violence, and crime around him. It just doesn't exist in Seattle. There's nothing "preppy" about the vast majority of our players. Most come from poor or working class backgrounds just like everybody else. Our black players have tattoos, and dreads, and braids, and say "nigga" too and come from the culture too bro. They are no different than you. Some of them actually come from way more struggle than you. You have both parents in your life supporting you. Some of them don't. You think a guy like Bralen Trice is preppy just because he's light skinned? He has no dad in his life and comes from the dirt down in Arizona with a single mom. Stop being an idiot. You have no idea what other guys have been through growing up. Just because they're good guys doesn't mean they don't know struggle or think they're better than you or anybody else. Fucking Kaleb McGary has been through more struggle than you. Stop it. You're being prejudiced and an idiot.
    I don’t believe that narrative is true.
    It's obviously true. He's talking about other schools being a better "fit" for him and being able to "be himself" at other schools more so than at UW. Obviously he feels like UW's players are all a bunched of white washed preppy kids which couldn't be further from the truth. He really has no idea.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,166
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

But I'll agree that Seattle sucks

So does Tallahassee

Allah to that shit.

This guy gets it.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Wait so the kid who transferred to a private catholic school thinks UW is too preppy and stuck up?

This entire saga is fucking ridiculous lol

Oregon has more preppy whitey than UW, Savell! Even with our last 2 Poly brudda recruting classes!

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

If Smalls still “cared” about UW notionally he would have us in the top 6. There is something going on that he is giving s huge fuck you to us in public. No other way to read it.

This.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I called this a year ago. Following his buddy Tre'Shaun to Tallahassee.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    It's okay guys! I heard this guy would play for us...

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,671
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I hope this a troll job....this can't be true.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When his HS ball games are played at Memorial or Highline Stadium, you can't expect the kid to be impressed with football culture in the NW, compared to anywhere in the SEC or Texas. Even "the Greatest Setting in all of College Football" won't be enough to keep in-state kids who see the football culture in the SPSL or Wesco destroying Metro or whatever the fuck conference Kennedy plays in.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    According to the guy who first started talking about this on dawgman, Smalls apparently has now also taken shots at and insulted current UW players and UW has shut the door on him. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds but something really set this kid off.