Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It would really help the perception of UW if Smalls waits until National Signing Day to commit to UW on national television after making it seem like all the big brand schools around the nation have a real chance at landing him. To have schools like Bama, Georgia, and Florida waiting for his decision like the rest of us only to watch him put that purple hat on would be so sweet and well worth the wait.

Knibb High Football Rules!!!

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

It would really help the perception of UW if Smalls waits until National Signing Day to commit to UW on national television after making it seem like all the big brand schools around the nation have a real chance at landing him. To have schools like Bama, Georgia, and Florida waiting for his decision like the rest of us only to watch him put that purple hat on would be so sweet and well worth the wait.

Worth the wait? Just 3 weeks ago you had a meltdown about how UW never gets off to a fast start in recruiting and hates building momentum and doesn’t sign in state guys early.

You were distraught that Pete tells them to take their time, take their visits, and then they will and will choose someone else at the end because fuck us. We suck, our brand sucks, and we are a shrivel dick program. We will sign pretty good classes but never a top 10.

I readily admit I have a hard time with the ups and downs of StrongBallz, but are you wanting UW to sign elite players early to get off to a fast start, build momentum, and get the in state guys early..... or you you want UW to have the elite guys take all their visits and then pick a hat at the end on tv?

Not trying to troll you, I legitimately just want clarification.
    You think he knows?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019

Speak for yourself. I want him to commit yesterday.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    so the thing is, Ballz today (let's call Ballzy-T) is correct and Ballz yesterday (hereafter referred to as Ballzy-Y) is also correct. The difference is what stage we're at as a program.

What UW is doing is clearly building an elite recruiting machine. At the point we have completed that build (my opinion is 2 more classes) then we can sit back and let the big 5* guys announce on NSD on TV (like USC used to do...LOL at USC). That is where Ballzy-T is correct...if not simply premature.

However, Ballzy-Y is correct in that as we build to elite recruiters we need the early commits to rally confidence in the guys who will truly make differences in our class (Asa Turners if you will).

Therefore, Balls is both correct and incorrect...exactly like she (he) likes to play it...because, THAT my friends is the DNA of the $10.95 please model.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Want early signing so he can enroll early more than anything.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Want early signing so he can enroll early more than anything.

Can’t enroll early anymore since he transferred to Kennedy
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

JFC you guys are so dense. Smalls has said on multiple occasions that he wants to take his recruitment all the way down to the February National Signing Day and do a big announcement, likely on national television. Ya know, 5-star shit. So as of right now, the scenario I posted is the only way we're getting him. How is this not common knowledge? I know he reads the board like many other recruits so I was trying to plant a seed in his mind and you idiots buried it! Of course I would rather he commits to us early but unless he changes his plans, that's not gonna happen so let's be the school he announces for on National Signing Day. I'm here trying to play 3-dimensional chess to help us land this kid while y'all playing checkers.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Doogles said:

JFC you guys are so dense. Smalls has said on multiple occasions that he wants to take his recruitment all the way down to the February National Signing Day and do a big announcement, likely on national television. Ya know, 5-star shit. So as of right now, the scenario I posted is the only way we're getting him. How is this not common knowledge? I know he reads the board like many other recruits so I was trying to plant a seed in his mind and you idiots buried it! Of course I would rather he commits to us early but unless he changes his plans, that's not gonna happen so let's be the school he announces for on National Signing Day. I'm here trying to play 3-dimensional chess to help us land this kid while y'all playing checkers.
    You believe you're way more influential than you actually are.
    No amounts of erotic fan fiction you write for Smalls will move his needle one way or the other.
    It worked for Kalepo and Will Latu so obviously my influence is stronger than you think. Ever have a recruit copy/paste one of your message board comments onto his Twitter feed and pin it? I didn't think so. It was worth a shot.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

No amounts of erotic fan fiction you write for Smalls will move his needle one way or the other.
    It worked for Kalepo and Will Latu so obviously my influence is stronger than you think. Ever have a recruit copy/paste one of your message board comments onto his Twitter feed and pin it? I didn't think so. It was worth a shot.
    I don't have Twitter, so no, but I'll try to 'plant the seed' as well.

If you're out there reading this Smalls, I hope on NSD you jump up on the table and spray purple and gold silly string over everyone while screaming "Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!" That would be awesome
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

If you're out there reading this Smalls, I hope on NSD you jump up on the table and spray purple and gold silly string over everyone while screaming "Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!" That would be awesome
    Neither do I. You don't need a Twitter of your own to view other people's Twitter pages and see that a recruit read one of your message board comments, took it to heart, and posted it on his Twitter account.

But since you want to mock me and Smalls the chances of him coming here are back up in the air again. I tried to work my magic but you and others fucked it up. There's nothing I can do now. It's in the hands of the football gods now.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Neither do I. You don't need a Twitter of your own to view other people's Twitter pages and see that a recruit read one of your message board comments, took it to heart, and posted it on his Twitter account.

But since you want to mock me and Smalls the chances of him coming here are back up in the air again. I tried to work my magic but you and others fucked it up. There's nothing I can do now. It's in the hands of the football gods now.
    Nah, not narcissistic at all. Modest and humble as fuck.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I don't care what you think you filthy peasant.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I don't care what you think you filthy peasant.
    3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)