Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kennedy admits he's bought off by big pharma

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
Faggot

Former Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.) says that lobbyists pushing for the legalization of medical marijuana are trying to sell the public on a “Trojan horse” — making the drug seem more normalized and acceptable in society, though it still has dangerous impacts on minors. “The public health doesn’t stand a chance in this fight, because we’re up against money that is going to continue to grow as this industry spreads,” Kennedy concedes, likening marijuana proponents to the big tobacco industry.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kennedy-medicinal-marijuana-trojan-horse-recreational-drug-industry-094751917.html

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Alcohol and tobacco have dangerous impacts on minors too.

Maybe we should prohibit them.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

It's like choosing between jumping off a 10 story building or a 4 story building.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,282 Founders Club
    ]

No siree, I'm not giving up my Scotch and cigar habit. Can't prohibit minors either, if for no other reason that to keep a viable liver and lung transplant supply in place.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    It should be left to the states and the AG needs to stfu. While I do enjoy a fresh bowel from time to time, the Feds aren't the ones that should make it legal. It's pretty clear that smoking weed everyday doesn't make you smarter and there are some states that can't really afford to have it legal in that regard.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    salemcoog said:

It should be left to the states and the AG needs to stfu. While I do enjoy a fresh bowel from time to time, the Feds aren't the ones that should make it legal. It's pretty clear that smoking weed everyday doesn't make you smarter and there are some states that can't really afford to have it legal in that regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDLPWQUqA4w
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    salemcoog said:

Alcohol clearly makes your smarter.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,640 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

Not sure about that but absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

You are assuming there is college educated people here.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

You are assuming there is college educated people here.
    Hondo should just add this to the "what did I contribute to HH lexicon" thread now.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    State Troopers are more likely to pull over your car in Texas if your license plates have a Colorado or Washington on it. They want that car seizure $$$. Leaving this up to the states is a bad idea when most of the U.S. population supports legalization.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,640 Standard Supporter

Minors are already considered prohibited.

Unless you're a priest.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,636 Founders Club
    They were able to use medical costs to quasi outlaw cigarettes and people generally went along.

You combine government healthcare with prohibitionists and our precious weed is on the chopping block

• tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    Bush Doctor is a great fucking song - but the album version is weak cause Keith Richard wrangled his way into playing lead guitar - pathetic...

Google the live versions. There's one from the Sao Paulo Jazz Festival where the guitar solo is insane, and there's another live version with his real guitarist that's good too

Let Jah Be Praised might be his best song, IMFO
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Blackie said:

salemcoog said:

It should be left to the states and the AG needs to stfu. While I do enjoy a fresh bowel from time to time, the Feds aren't the ones that should make it legal. It's pretty clear that smoking weed everyday doesn't make you smarter and there are some states that can't really afford to have it legal in that regard.individual to decide what substances they ingest/inhale/inject/etc.

ftfy
    Who the fuck are you?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club
    You mean like oxycontin?