Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Ngata, 5* 2019 WR, Folsom, CA (WE FUCKED THE POOCH)

Comments

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2018
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I saw him at the concession stand at the bowel game. Jesus Christ he’s tall!

I said, “we could really use you out there right now.”

Okay, I actually said nothing cause I know I’m a creepy middle aged white man.

I saw him after the game... I couldn’t believe what he looks like in person.
    Bullshit. At a minimum I am guessing you have hid under his bed for a week.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

I want Joe (and Danyiel) Ngata more than I wanted Haloti.

I want those guys too ... but if I had a choice and pulled Haloti out from a time machine ... it's Haloti all day every day.
    I have a friend who played MLB at the FCS level and also played rugby. He played rugby against Haloti Ngata in some tournament in high school and said he was a total bad ass, which qualifies as fairly unsurprising, I suppose.

He said the combo of the guy's size and quickness with the total absence of pads was absolutely terrifying.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    His Twitter likes are a mixed bag of UW college and NFL Trojan players. Magic 8 Ball would be less than 81% certain.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

kh83 said:

His Twitter likes are a mixed bag of UW college and NFL Trojan players. Magic 8 Ball would be less than 81% certain.

His brother plays for UW and Ale Kaho is also one of his boys. I think we are in decent shape.
    He will not never not not come here.
    There's the negativity I'm used to hearing. You and Dennis especially have been far too positive lately. It was getting wierd.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AIRWOLF said:

kh83 said:

His brother plays for UW and Ale Kaho is also one of his boys. I think we are in decent shape.
    Quad negative = a positive = he's all ours bitches!!
  • Options

AIRWOLF said:

kh83 said:

There's the negativity I'm used to hearing. You and Dennis especially have been far too positive lately. It was getting wierd.
    I was diagramming this sentence, trying to untangle the nested multiple negatives. Still not not unsure what it means.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

kh83 said:

I was diagramming this sentence, trying to untangle the nested multiple negatives. Still not not unsure what it means.
    Shit, I missed the first of the three nots. Damn you, heuristics!
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

I want those guys too ... but if I had a choice and pulled Haloti out from a time machine ... it's Haloti all day every day.
    I have a friend who played MLB at the FCS level and also played rugby. He played rugby against Haloti Ngata in some tournament in high school and said he was a total bad ass, which qualifies as fairly unsurprising, I suppose.

He said the combo of the guy's size and quickness with the total absence of pads was absolutely terrifying.
    I've seen haloti's high school rugby highlights. 6'5" 300lb and runs like a deer. He could have been world class at rugby ...
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

I've seen haloti's high school rugby highlights. 6'5" 300lb and runs like a deer. He could have been world class at rugby ...
    I grew up with a couple of guys that played in the league and I played rugby at UW. I played with some guys who were really big, or really strong, or really fast. None of that was so bad but yeah every once in a while you would have to play a guy like this who was just on such a different plane of athlete that combined all those other things. It sucked and there was usually nothing to do about it. Guy like that could just wreck a whole game by himself.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

Instead he was world class at a decent sport.
    Somewhere PSALM is jealous
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

Rugby is a decent sport. Haloti makes far more money in the NFL of course. Top rugby players might make 500k - 1m on average. Top maybe 1-2m ... A year.

Haloti has done well.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit
  • Options

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

I grew up with a couple of guys that played in the league and I played rugby at UW. I played with some guys who were really big, or really strong, or really fast. None of that was so bad but yeah every once in a while you would have to play a guy like this who was just on such a different plane of athlete that combined all those other things. It sucked and there was usually nothing to do about it. Guy like that could just wreck a whole game by himself.
    I still think USA Rugby should scoop up a bunch of bubble NFL players (like guys that are on and off practice squads) and train them in how to play rugby. I don't think it would take long to see the US National team become really fucking competitive in the sport, particularly in Sevens.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,975
    animate said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

Rugby is a decent sport. Haloti makes far more money in the NFL of course. Top rugby players might make 500k - 1m on average. Top maybe 1-2m ... A year.

Haloti has done well.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit
    What a sell out. wdwha.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

I still think USA Rugby should scoop up a bunch of bubble NFL players (like guys that are on and off practice squads) and train them in how to play rugby. I don't think it would take long to see the US National team become really fucking competitive in the sport, particularly in Sevens.
    Lol @BuffBuffPass