Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Ngata, 5* 2019 WR, Folsom, CA (WE FUCKED THE POOCH)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

I want Joe (and Danyiel) Ngata more than I wanted Haloti.

I want those guys too ... but if I had a choice and pulled Haloti out from a time machine ... it's Haloti all day every day.
    I have a friend who played MLB at the FCS level and also played rugby. He played rugby against Haloti Ngata in some tournament in high school and said he was a total bad ass, which qualifies as fairly unsurprising, I suppose.

He said the combo of the guy's size and quickness with the total absence of pads was absolutely terrifying.
    I've seen haloti's high school rugby highlights. 6'5" 300lb and runs like a deer. He could have been world class at rugby ...
    I grew up with a couple of guys that played in the league and I played rugby at UW. I played with some guys who were really big, or really strong, or really fast. None of that was so bad but yeah every once in a while you would have to play a guy like this who was just on such a different plane of athlete that combined all those other things. It sucked and there was usually nothing to do about it. Guy like that could just wreck a whole game by himself.
    I still think USA Rugby should scoop up a bunch of bubble NFL players (like guys that are on and off practice squads) and train them in how to play rugby. I don't think it would take long to see the US National team become really fucking competitive in the sport, particularly in Sevens.
    The new emphasis on 7's and the fact that 7's is a spring sport means there's a ton of guys playing rugby in football's off-season. This alone is going to completely reshape America's performance in the sport.
  • Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Excited to receive an offer from Clemson University! #ALLIN

• Options
    RDR said:

Fuck I'm retarded. Ngata tweeted out he was offered by Clemson.
  • Options
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Martavius Bryant isn’t a bad comp for Joe.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RDR said:

Congrats
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

I want those guys too ... but if I had a choice and pulled Haloti out from a time machine ... it's Haloti all day every day.
    I have a friend who played MLB at the FCS level and also played rugby. He played rugby against Haloti Ngata in some tournament in high school and said he was a total bad ass, which qualifies as fairly unsurprising, I suppose.

He said the combo of the guy's size and quickness with the total absence of pads was absolutely terrifying.
    I've seen haloti's high school rugby highlights. 6'5" 300lb and runs like a deer. He could have been world class at rugby ...
    I grew up with a couple of guys that played in the league and I played rugby at UW. I played with some guys who were really big, or really strong, or really fast. None of that was so bad but yeah every once in a while you would have to play a guy like this who was just on such a different plane of athlete that combined all those other things. It sucked and there was usually nothing to do about it. Guy like that could just wreck a whole game by himself.
    I still think USA Rugby should scoop up a bunch of bubble NFL players (like guys that are on and off practice squads) and train them in how to play rugby. I don't think it would take long to see the US National team become really fucking competitive in the sport, particularly in Sevens.
    The new emphasis on 7's and the fact that 7's is a spring sport means there's a ton of guys playing rugby in football's off-season. This alone is going to completely reshape America's performance in the sport.
    USA rugby is already doing that. Where do you think they got the black guy who has been named the fastest rugby player in the world from?

https://youtu.be/Cn5UIzkusRI
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

USA rugby is already doing that. Where do you think they got the black guy who has been named the fastest rugby player in the world from?

Wasn't aware. I've been saying it for years. Glad they finally listened.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

animate said:

AIRWOLF said:

Thas why I said it. Unlike soccer the US is actually a sleeping giant in Rugby. If more guys that are marginal NFL talent(at best) like Wooching chose to go play rugby after college then even the Tri-nations are going to have to take notice. I still prefer 15's but if 7's can make it in the Olympics and helps grow the sport in the US then I'm on board.
  • Options

RDR said:

Congrats
    This one is Huge. #ALLIN
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I still like our chances...we got Eason, Sirmon, Yankoff, and Morris all in the pipeline for him...plus we got his fam.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

With FSU and UF trying to recruit the West Coast, I'm curious how that will affect the recruiting landscape for the PAC.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,975
    edited January 2018

With FSU and UF trying to recruit the West Coast, I'm curious how that will affect the recruiting landscape for the PAC.
    Hopefully it means Larry Scott invests in developing a west coast Caribbean food culture.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We talkin’ about rugby?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Tequilla said:

We talkin’ about rugby?

Yeah, Jonah Lomu would have been a great tight end .. among many other positions.
  • Options
  • Options
    Too lazy to figure out how to post tweets, man.