Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Ngata, 5* 2019 WR, Folsom, CA (WE FUCKED THE POOCH)

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

fuck you two take this offline.

It’s been a while since anyone’s met up at 7-11 on Aurora in the U-District...
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've never drunkenly thumbed through walls of text this fast to catch up.

BALLZ STOp
    TEQ STOp
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

This makes me miss Dubya
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Hey guys. Did I miss anything lately? Took a trip to the Carolinas this weekend so I haven't been around much.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Woof said:

Hey guys. Did I miss anything lately? Took a trip to the Carolinas this weekend so I haven't been around much.

WE won the offseason! BOOYAKASHA!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Stumbling into thread and seeing the text wall arguments like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiE5mE0ZorA
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What everyone missed this last week due to the Teq v. Ballz/Roof retard fest, was that the pain from losing Ngata isn't because we'll? go get JAGs to fill the class at WR. Nor does it matter that his spot can be used to grab another guy on the lines. It also doesn't matter that we? can miss on him because the last two classes were really solid at WR and we? can take the blow.

All it takes to understand why losing Ngata is crippling is to imagine the last two UW seasons (with runs to both the Playoffs and the Fiesta Bowel) with a 6'4" 216 pound N'Keal Harry on the team.

We? got Byron Murphy but were unable to lock down his best friend Harry. While Ross and Dante were lighting it up in 2016, Harry would have been getting valuable playing time as a Freshman as a Day 1 physical force. In 2017, Harry would have made an elite pairing with Dante that would have allowed Fuller/Pounds/Baccellia to figure out who is the #3 WR. Going into 2018, instead of zero fucking clue who is going to emerge at WR, you'd have a grown ass man Harry as a JR who is he best WR in the league and can figure out who's going to jump into that #2 and #3 spot between Jones/Fuller/etc.

Ngata is that kind of dominant WR. The pain from losing Ngata comes from the lack of an absolute physical dominance. A 3 year starter then guaranteed early NFL entrant. Jones, Bynum, Cook, Spiker, Osborne should all be good WR. But it will be critical to get Ngata to flip back to UW so that those other WR can be Elite #2 and #3 WR's that pair with the physical presence of Ngata.

If you can't see that, there's Ngata fucking thing I can do to help you.

TLDR Ngata is the type of receiver and depth we need to compete against big time programs with NFL caliber corners. We had a real shot at him and blew it by soft selling when we should have been closing.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

What everyone missed this last week due to the Teq v. Ballz/Roof retard fest, was that the pain from losing Ngata isn't because we'll? go get JAGs to fill the class at WR. Nor does it matter that his spot can be used to grab another guy on the lines. It also doesn't matter that we? can miss on him because the last two classes were really solid at WR and we? can take the blow.

All it takes to understand why losing Ngata is crippling is to imagine the last two UW seasons (with runs to both the Playoffs and the Fiesta Bowel) with a 6'4" 216 pound N'Keal Harry on the team.

We? got Byron Murphy but were unable to lock down his best friend Harry. While Ross and Dante were lighting it up in 2016, Harry would have been getting valuable playing time as a Freshman as a Day 1 physical force. In 2017, Harry would have made an elite pairing with Dante that would have allowed Fuller/Pounds/Baccellia to figure out who is the #3 WR. Going into 2018, instead of zero fucking clue who is going to emerge at WR, you'd have a grown ass man Harry as a JR who is he best WR in the league and can figure out who's going to jump into that #2 and #3 spot between Jones/Fuller/etc.

Ngata is that kind of dominant WR. The pain from losing Ngata comes from the lack of an absolute physical dominance. A 3 year starter then guaranteed early NFL entrant. Jones, Bynum, Cook, Spiker, Osborne should all be good WR. But it will be critical to get Ngata to flip back to UW so that those other WR can be Elite #2 and #3 WR's that pair with the physical presence of Ngata.

Ty Jones is 6'4 215 with 4.5 speed and a 40 inch vert. Who's to say he won't become our version of N'keal Harry?

Yes, getting N'keal Harry would have been huge because of the the JAGs we've had to deal with at WR the past couple years outside of Ross and Pettis. But, the comparison to Joe Ngata potentially coming to UW now and Harry back then is apples to oranges. Yes, Ngata is a freak but if he comes to UW the JAGs will be on their way out the door and he'll be competing for playing time against other stud WRs who will have a leg up on him in terms of knowledge of the system and experience. Ngata would not have the early impact on the team that Harry would have because the WR depth and overall talent when Ngata would arrive will be far better than it was back then.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Ty Jones is 6'4 215 with 4.5 speed and a 40 inch vert. Who's to say he won't become our version of N'keal Harry?

Yes, getting N'keal Harry would have been huge because of the the JAGs we've had to deal with at WR the past couple years outside of Ross and Pettis. But, the comparison to Joe Ngata potentially coming to UW now and Harry back then is apples to oranges. Yes, Ngata is a freak but if he comes to UW the JAGs will be on their way out the door and he'll be competing for playing time against other stud WRs who will have a leg up on him in terms of knowledge of the system and experience. Ngata would not have the early impact on the team that Harry would have because the WR depth and overall talent when Ngata would arrive will be far better than it was back then.
    FUCK YOU DOOG
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @DoogCourics

I agree 100% and it definitely got lost in the wall of back/forth

Ngata is elite and special ...

Take Harry and Petrie last year as a great example. Pettis is a competent #1 but an ELITE #2. This is where understanding concepts like spotting guys in the right spots and trickle down effects really matters.

Fast forward to next year with an OL prospect like Hatchett. If he comes in and plays a T spot for us that’s great - total confidence that he can do that. If we’re able to have 3 (or more) elite T on the roster that increases the potential of moving one (or more) inside to G. It’s not a 1:1 just that simple of a switch but the point being that it increases the ability to not only get our best players on the field, but to put them in positions where in relation to the players lining up across from them they have a competitive advantage. It’s such an important concept to embrace and understand.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    Doogles said:

The problem with this analysis is you assume Harry would understand Petersens play book enough to get actual PT.

Once you Doogs admit Ty Jones' frosh year was a bust you'll understand. It's one of the frustrating things of this regime.

As much as we make fun of Sark for just going out and "letting it rip", Petersens offense could use a little more of that element.
    Didn't our new OC just spend a year learning from Sark?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Maybe Pete and Bush have decided we? need fewer receivers going forward and are changing to the Power I ( three backs) or Wishbone.

Double tight ends. Three backs. 1 receiver.

50 rushes; 15 passing attempts per game. I’m great with this.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

@DoogCourics

I agree 100% and it definitely got lost in the wall of back/forth

Ngata is elite and special ...

Take Harry and Petrie last year as a great example. Pettis is a competent #1 but an ELITE #2. This is where understanding concepts like spotting guys in the right spots and trickle down effects really matters.

Fast forward to next year with an OL prospect like Hatchett. If he comes in and plays a T spot for us that’s great - total confidence that he can do that. If we’re able to have 3 (or more) elite T on the roster that increases the potential of moving one (or more) inside to G. It’s not a 1:1 just that simple of a switch but the point being that it increases the ability to not only get our best players on the field, but to put them in positions where in relation to the players lining up across from them they have a competitive advantage. It’s such an important concept to embrace and understand.

TL;DR
    If you got a guy who plays G at an elite level and T at a high level, you want an elite tackle for maximum performance

Cannot wait until #conciseTequila shows up
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

I have been reflecting on Joseph Ngata's recruitment. An important question springs to mind, and I'm really hoping that @Tequilla and BallzDeep can weigh in:

Was John Ross drafted in the top 10 or top 15 of the first round?

I'm hearing the answer is abundance.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Seems to be a pinfall anywhere match between teq and ruthballz.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

I have been reflecting on Joseph Ngata's recruitment. An important question springs to mind, and I'm really hoping that @Tequilla and BallzDeep can weigh in:

Squirt said:

One could argue Pettis was drafted above his projection. SF is a great place for him