Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Seahawks are going to trade Richard Sherman

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2017
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

I don't really buy the distraction thing. If they do trade him it would be because of the cap.

I see it the opposite. They only save $12 million per year on the cap for trading him, which isn't a big cap hit for a top 5 (at worst) corner. I don't buy it as a cap issue. Especially not when they basically have no returning corners besides Sherman who are worth a damn with Shead hurt.

If they move him it's because they're tired of him (and they love the CB's in this draft).
    He's not a top 5 corner anymore.
    My bad. Top 3.

At worst.
    On a slide. It's risk/reward of whether He's worth all the sideline and off field BS for declining production.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season/
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

I don't really buy the distraction thing. If they do trade him it would be because of the cap.

I see it the opposite. They only save $12 million per year on the cap for trading him, which isn't a big cap hit for a top 5 (at worst) corner. I don't buy it as a cap issue. Especially not when they basically have no returning corners besides Sherman who are worth a damn with Shead hurt.

If they move him it's because they're tired of him (and they love the CB's in this draft).
    He's not a top 5 corner anymore.
    My bad. Top 3.

At worst.
    On a slide. It's risk/reward of whether He's worth all the sideline and off field BS for declining production.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season/
    Flagged for PFF grades
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    This list is just as meaningless

Sherman #1.

Even the PFF link noted Sherman's the hardest corner in the league to complete a pass against (through it's posting at Thanksgiving, which again makes the whole list kind of meaningless). But still, some decline!

I agree the sideline histrionics are an issue. But on the field he's as good as anyone.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Sherman #1.

Even the PFF link noted Sherman's the hardest corner in the league to complete a pass against. Some decline!

I agree the sideline histrionics are an issue. But on the field he's as good as anyone.

The root cause of the histronics is Bevell
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2017
    dnc said:

Sherman #1.

Even the PFF link noted Sherman's the hardest corner in the league to complete a pass against (through it's posting at Thanksgiving, which again makes the whole list kind of meaningless). But still, some decline!

Ike Taylor couldn't cover a McDonald's tab so I'll take mine thanks. But you and boobs keep on Hookin'!!!!
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Sherman #1.

Ike Taylor couldn't cover a McDonald's tab so I'll take mine thanks.
    You're right, Sam Monson is a much better cover corner.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Sherman #1.

PFF sucks, but he's good.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,155
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Boobs is right. We actually do have a great idea of the damage Bevel has done. And he's still here.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,943
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Sherman #1.

Even the PFF link noted Sherman's the hardest corner in the league to complete a pass against. Some decline!

The root cause of the histronics is Bevell
    Bevell's a part of it, but he has gone off on Richard and other players.

The media thing is pretty stupid, but he has been petty, and I don't blame the Seahawks for wanting him to at least play ball with them.

He's probably my favorite player, but 2016 wasn't a good year for him. If they can get some good value for him, fine. I get it.
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Sports beat reporters are usually total mouth breathers, so I couldn't care less that he stopped talking to them.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes