Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoffs Talk

2»

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

I can't stand the way that Houston plays ... they look very beatable right now

Cavs look like they are limping to the finish line ... if they don't watch it they are going to get a difficult road to the Finals ...

Best thing to happen to the Warriors was nobody to believe in them after KD got hurt ... they are the clear favorites

Man i love watching james harden play no homo

hes one of the greatest scorers lol i get his stupid fouls but other then that... great scorer
    75k.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Not much to see until June. Cleveland and Golden State will play again.

That said, I want to see Denver get the 8th seed. I like watching them more than the other shitty teams. They can take GS 5 or 6 because they can score and Jokic will cause problems. He's fun to watch.

I also look forward to Utah hopefully beating the Clippers. I always enjoy watching them lose.

Hopefully Boston and Cleveland make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I want to see IT chop and that series will be heated, although Cleveland will win.

Hopefully Houston plays GS for the West. San Antonio is probably better than Houston, but GS always runs the Spurs off the floor.

Saw Houston in person tonight, they are too small. They play Beverley and Williams together a lot and just watch Harden/Ariza chuck it up. Ne Ne is probably the only player on that team that plays physical enough.

All these teams in the West just look like duck-taped money ball wet dreams anyways. I can't think of a single interesting matchup for GS.
    *duct
    duck*
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Don't me sleeping on my Kawhi Leonard
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Adding Durrant isn't going to somehow make the Warriors worse.

All the way. Rather easily.

Except that they are playing their best ball of the year right now without him.
    And adding a top 3 player ruins that how exactly?

There's only one ball.
    Durrant isn't a one dimensional player.

HTH
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Cavs look like they are limping to the finish line ... if they don't watch it they are going to get a difficult road to the Finals ...

Best thing to happen to the Warriors was nobody to believe in them after KD got hurt ... they are the clear favorites

hes one of the greatest scorers lol i get his stupid fouls but other then that... great scorer
    Harden's obviously very talented and he's done great work getting Houston to where they are this year ... no question on that

Where I struggle with Houston is that they shoot way too many 3's IMO ... last night against the Warriors when push came to shove the Rockets decided to just chuck it from deep whereas the Warriors kept finding ways to get layups and open shots over and over.

I get what they are trying to do with effective FG% and whatnot ... but in the end, it's just not winning basketball at the highest levels.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Harden's obviously very talented and he's done great work getting Houston to where they are this year ... no question on that

Where I struggle with Houston is that they shoot way too many 3's IMO ... last night against the Warriors when push came to shove the Rockets decided to just chuck it from deep whereas the Warriors kept finding ways to get layups and open shots over and over.

I get what they are trying to do with effective FG% and whatnot ... but in the end, it's just not winning basketball at the highest levels.
    Pick your poison - either that or Dwight Howard.

I think they made the right choice.

The Dubs (ILTCTTDTWILTD) are still going to boatrace them *irregardless assuming Houston can get that far - which they won't.

To me, it's Spurs/Dubs in the conference finals. I don't see anybody else even seriously in the discussion.

• Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

true

i still love the houston squad

patrick beverly is one of my favorites

ariza is good too but hes kind of an asshole who tries to injure other players
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

75k.
    I had to google what this meant. Is this referring to Lamar Odom and James Harden taking the L for trying to get that girl after?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

And adding a top 3 player ruins that how exactly?

There's only one ball.
    John Kruk says TOO SOON
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Is it June yet?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

75k.
    I had to google what this meant. Is this referring to Lamar Odom and James Harden taking the L for trying to get that girl after?
    It's the going rate for gay jokes.

No homo.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It probably won't them a title but without that style they're an 8 seed. It was absolutely the best decision for them.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It probably won't them a title but without that style they're an 8 seed. It was absolutely the best decision for them.
    I'm not disagreeing that the approach fits their roster ...

But for me this is an identity issue for the franchise and for Morey as GM ... this is the kind of team that he wants. I just don't think that shooting 3's is a recipe for being able to win deep in the playoffs. To win you have to be able to get good shots within 10-15 feet and get to the free throw line.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

But for me this is an identity issue for the franchise and for Morey as GM ... this is the kind of team that he wants. I just don't think that shooting 3's is a recipe for being able to win deep in the playoffs. To win you have to be able to get good shots within 10-15 feet and get to the free throw line.
    I agree that Houston probably isn't a real threat. I don't agree the style of play is the problem. It's a talent issue that lead to this being the way they have to play for success.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

They obviously are better with Durant, but this is still a true statement.
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The Cavs attempted 43 threes last night, and hunting threes have been a part of Lebron's game going back to Miami.

You're chasing the wrong rabbit here.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I just don't think the Warriors make it out of the West. There is a reason no teams have met three straight years.

I think the Cavs are playing possum and get out of the East rather easily.

Cavs over Rockets in 6

This is the year the Clippers finally get out of.....

Nevermind.