Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Well this is one fine kettle of fish

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    UW is a football school
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2017

Thump said:

If we had a good team, I'd enjoy hating the Zags, but since we don't, and since I watched that HBO special about the Zags, I find myself rooting for them. I think it's cool that our state is in the final 4. I might even get a Zags hat and wear it next time I visit my Oregon relatives.

If it comes down to the Zags vs the Ducks, I hope the Zags kick the living shit out of the Ducks.

kill yourself before that happens.

fuck, "i like the ZAGS cause theyre from washington," jesus christ.
    The only 'Zags' who are from Washington are Tommy Lloyd and Ren Backamus - and do you really want to claim Longview?!? The rest are mercenaries from elsewhere.

I guess Bone is from Seattle but he's a glorified clipboard holder still getting paid by the Cuogs.

They are about as 'Washington" as @Swaye is white.

• Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Thump said:

If we had a good team, I'd enjoy hating the Zags, but since we don't, and since I watched that HBO special about the Zags, I find myself rooting for them. I think it's cool that our state is in the final 4. I might even get a Zags hat and wear it next time I visit my Oregon relatives.

If it comes down to the Zags vs the Ducks, I hope the Zags kick the living shit out of the Ducks.

The only 'Zags' who are from Washington are Tommy Lloyd and Ren Backamus - and do you really want to claim Longview?!? The rest are mercenaries from elsewhere.

I guess Bone is from Seattle but he's a glorified clipboard holder still getting paid by the Cuogs.

I'm from Longview...but I only claim it on anonymous internet message boards.

I know Rem's dad, Bill...he was/is the basketball coach at my former high school. Great guy, hard-ass, helluva HS basketball coach. Rem was born when I was in school (CSB). I also remember Tommy Lloyd from his Kelso days (another CSB).
  • Options

Thump said:

I know Rem's dad, Bill...he was/is the basketball coach at my former high school. Great guy, hard-ass, helluva HS basketball coach. Rem was born when I was in school (CSB). I also remember Tommy Lloyd from his Kelso days (another CSB).
    I will give Donkey this (ILRCRBDTWILTD), he plays a mean air guitar whenever a Zag hits a 3.

• Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2017

Thump said:

The hate is just going to eat away at you from inside, like a cancer. Take a bong hit, and then have a long walk for some perspective.

It is just some teenagers with a round ball on a wood floor. It isn't that big a deal. It's not like football.

And for all of you that hate Seattle because it is too liberal, I'd think you would like a team from Spokane. I respect the fact that they are winning at something, that our own team can't win at, all the while, living in a cultural backwater.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

There are only three college basketball teams I hate.

Gonzaga.

Oregon.

UNC.

My only hope is fucking upstart South Cockalina.

Welcome to Trump's America.

FML

Remember when Frank martin beat up his players verbally?

Now he's got a tough as nails team with true nose to the stone defense.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

I get that ... I had a similar story moving to Texas with Texas ... I didn't hate Texas and viewed Texas A&M akin to the Cougs ... then I got down there and found the Texas people insufferable and the TAMU people to be very down to earth and easy to get along with. Oklahoma is somewhere in the middle to me ... but closer to Texas ... they are the lesser of the two evils.

I always knew how close Duke/Carolina were from each other ... but I really never realized that NC State was 30 minutes away (I guess I just always figured Raleigh-Durham airport was somewhere in the middle of the 2 and each way from there was 30-45 minutes to each city).

After driving through a lot of North Carolina a few months ago I could definitely see the "trailer trash" element once you get outside of the cities ...

I wonder if what you ran into came down to the fact that the general population relates to North Carolina way more than Duke as Duke's viewed as the elitists. I've never got the impression you described from any North Carolina alums I've been around.

LOL wut. Ass To Mouth University is the biggest cult in the country. You must have found the 9 A&M fans in the state who are semi reasonable. I rather pass out in drag at a Baylor Football party then talk 20 minutes of football/politics/anything with A&M cultists.
    You are right ... I've run across the normal TAMU people ... I've seen the cultish side as well and stay away from them ... but I can handle them better than the stuck up elitists from Texas
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

You are right ... I've run across the normal TAMU people ... I've seen the cultish side as well and stay away from them ... but I can handle them better than the stuck up elitists from Texas

all the ones ive met all wore class rings, odd as fuck.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

all the ones ive met all wore class rings, odd as fuck.
    A woman told me not long ago that she thought her co worker was weird because he wore his class ring.
    Just a little dating help for you young kids
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thump said:

(Not even remotely) Proud RAL grad here!
  • Options
    Sources said:

Thump said:

That might be the strangest high school in the State of Washington.

Some dudes I know from R.A. Long are incredible, highly accomplished guys. Some are just slightly removed from walking on their knuckles and foraging for berries.

• Options
    SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Sources said:

Thump said:

Some dudes I know from R.A. Long are incredible, highly accomplished guys. Some are just slightly removed from walking on their knuckles and foraging for berries.

This description could be applied to all Cowlitz County area high schools.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

How can you hate North Carolina?

I lived there
    Well your move to Hillsboro sure has improved your content.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Sources said:

Thump said:

This description could be applied to all Cowlitz County area high schools.
    That description could be applied to ALL high schools that don't charge tuition, and even some of those.