Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Well this is one fine kettle of fish

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
There are only three college basketball teams I hate.

Gonzaga.

Oregon.

UNC.

My only hope is fucking upstart South Cockalina.

Welcome to Trump's America.

FML

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    How can you hate North Carolina?
  • Options
    I get that they think that they are an elite basketball school ... but I don't find their fans any more annoying or better than Kentucky or Kansas fans. I haven't really run across any Indiana fans (I'd imagine that lately they are insufferable). Duke fans in general just come across as elitist. If I didn't respect Coach K I wouldn't have any time for them.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

How can you hate North Carolina?

I lived there
    Dook in North Carolina! True?
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

I get that they think that they are an elite basketball school ... but I don't find their fans any more annoying or better than Kentucky or Kansas fans. I haven't really run across any Indiana fans (I'd imagine that lately they are insufferable). Duke fans in general just come across as elitist. If I didn't respect Coach K I wouldn't have any time for them.

I don't respect Coach Kkk
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Living in Seattle I liked UNC a lot, even had a UNC Starter jacket (shoutout 1995!).

Took me about six weeks in Carolina to hate their fans. Eventually I adopted Duke as my NC school just to spite the cocky trailer trash Tar Heel fans. But I hate UNC way more that I like Duke.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My post needs approval for saying "cocks"
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    phineas said:

I hope oregon or gonzaga win it all and then come to our boards and rub it in all our loser faces

That's where I'm at as well. I need to see @206Hoops and all those other faggots cry some more.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm a Davidson fan. I like Davidson because in NCAA basketball for the super Nintendo they had a player who's name I can't remember who could make a shot from anywhere on the court.
  • Options
    I get that ... I had a similar story moving to Texas with Texas ... I didn't hate Texas and viewed Texas A&M akin to the Cougs ... then I got down there and found the Texas people insufferable and the TAMU people to be very down to earth and easy to get along with. Oklahoma is somewhere in the middle to me ... but closer to Texas ... they are the lesser of the two evils.

I always knew how close Duke/Carolina were from each other ... but I really never realized that NC State was 30 minutes away (I guess I just always figured Raleigh-Durham airport was somewhere in the middle of the 2 and each way from there was 30-45 minutes to each city).

After driving through a lot of North Carolina a few months ago I could definitely see the "trailer trash" element once you get outside of the cities ...

I wonder if what you ran into came down to the fact that the general population relates to North Carolina way more than Duke as Duke's viewed as the elitists. I've never got the impression you described from any North Carolina alums I've been around.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I get that ... I had a similar story moving to Texas with Texas ... I didn't hate Texas and viewed Texas A&M akin to the Cougs ... then I got down there and found the Texas people insufferable and the TAMU people to be very down to earth and easy to get along with. Oklahoma is somewhere in the middle to me ... but closer to Texas ... they are the lesser of the two evils.

I always knew how close Duke/Carolina were from each other ... but I really never realized that NC State was 30 minutes away (I guess I just always figured Raleigh-Durham airport was somewhere in the middle of the 2 and each way from there was 30-45 minutes to each city).

After driving through a lot of North Carolina a few months ago I could definitely see the "trailer trash" element once you get outside of the cities ...

I wonder if what you ran into came down to the fact that the general population relates to North Carolina way more than Duke as Duke's viewed as the elitists. I've never got the impression you described from any North Carolina alums I've been around.

100%
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I liked Butler before it was cool.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I liked Butler before it was cool.

Huh?
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2017
    If we had a good team, I'd enjoy hating the Zags, but since we don't, and since I watched that HBO special about the Zags, I find myself rooting for them. I think it's cool that our state is in the final 4. I might even get a Zags hat and wear it next time I visit my Oregon relatives.

If it comes down to the Zags vs the Ducks, I hope the Zags kick the living shit out of the Ducks.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2017
    haie said:

It's college basketball, who cares? It's not like real life, like football.

I'm going to start charging you a royalty on that line haie!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Thump said:

If we had a good team, I'd enjoy hating the Zags, but since we don't, and since I watched that HBO special about the Zags, I find myself rooting for them. I think it's cool that our state is in the final 4. I might even get a Zags hat and wear it next time I visit my Oregon relatives.

If it comes down to the Zags vs the Ducks, I hope the Zags kick the living shit out of the Ducks.

If it comes down to that, you'll have to come up with a plan B. If Oregon gets by UNC they beat Gonzaga. I just don't think it happens. Either way I'll enjoy watching Ginzaga lose. Not a fan.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Thump said:

That's as gay as cheering for the Pac12 in bowl games. Fuck Gonzaga.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Thump said:

kill yourself before that happens.

fuck, "i like the ZAGS cause theyre from washington," jesus christ.