Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cameron Dollar

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Hearing there's a very good chance he will be one of the assistants.

Don't know if that's a good or bad thing at this point.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    X's and O's!!!
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    Hearing from doogs that Dollar was one of Romar's most valuable, if not the MOST valuable assistants.

Translation: Black coaches relate to kids and we, as doogs, don't know any other ones because we live in an insulated fanboy bubble
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    MelloDawg said:

Hearing from doogs that Dollar was one of Romar's most valuable, if not the MOST valuable assistants.

Translation: Black coaches relate to kids and we, as doogs, don't know any other ones because we live in an insulated fanboy bubble

As a middle aged white male, I can hold a Starbucks cup loaded with cash as well as any black male half my age.

Take a little off the top for, you know, the vig. But unless you're after a rich white kid, nobody notices.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Nothing about dollar excites me. Will is more Seattle than cam can ever be, and dollar hasn't proved to be valuable after many years at the helm in Seattle. I don't see what he brings to the table but more washed up romar.

It's times to reboot this whole program save conroy

Exactly ...

This actually is a minor red flag to me because I can't really fathom that Dollar was on the short list of candidates for Hopkins. Really makes me wonder if outside of the public thanks but no thanks that came from Hart that Hopkins struck out on a few of his other targets.

To me, bringing Dollar back on staff is the equivalent of just trading out Romar and expecting things will be different. I can get behind Will being on staff because I think his ultimate loyalty is to the program and not Romar and with his NBA (and D-League) experiences have probably got him deep down realizing that Romar was a shit coach at this point on the court. But Dollar's a failed coach at Seattle U ... and there's no real excuse to me for never being able to get above mediocrity at Seattle U given THAT shit tier conference that they are in ... outside of New Mexico St there's no excuse for not being a Top 3 program in that conference consistently.
    I'll 2nd that opinion. Dollar was gawd awful at SPU, and you've allready thrown the olive branch out to the Seattle AAU scene by keeping Conroy. Did you need to really double down by adding Dollar to your staff?

Be it a quick/easy/safe hire, I just would have thought Hopkins could have found a better option than Dollar.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2017

This hire is bad.

disagree*

*obligatory
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This hire is bad.

disagree*

*obligatory
    I'm not taking a pro-Dollar stance, no matter how fun it would be. I just can't fake it for that.
  • Options

This hire is bad.

disagree*

*obligatory
    I'm not taking a pro-Dollar stance, no matter how fun it would be. I just can't fake it for that.
    He has 0 high end for basketball assistant.

* potential recruiting guy
    * potential HC guy
    * potential anything

So far he has zero on the scoreboard. For me Hopkins is like Dan Hawkins hiring to CU. Little to nothing on resume, and could be announcing Deaf high school within 5 years and it wouldn't surprise me.

Silent applause only, please.................
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This hire is bad.

Agree completely. Hiring a failed head coach who was a former assistant of the failed head coach.

Makes no sense.
    To be fair, when Dollar was an assistant those were the the best defensive UW teams we've seen and they played with that physical edge. He was a big loss as that style has slowly dissolved since his departure. He's a hard ass and always thought he was better suited as an assistant.

Sure, he underwhelmed building SU into an elite program from complete scratch, and was likely in over his head. That doesn't mean he can't be a good assistant. Not everyone thrives in that role and I suspect Dollar will be able to embrace his new role and help bring back that discipline the recent teams have sorely lacked.
  • Options

pat_hm said:

This hire is bad.

Agree completely. Hiring a failed head coach who was a former assistant of the failed head coach.

Makes no sense.
    To be fair, when Dollar was an assistant those were the the best defensive UW teams we've seen and they played with that physical edge. He was a big loss as that style has slowly dissolved since his departure. He's a hard ass and always thought he was better suited as an assistant.

Sure, he underwhelmed building SU into an elite program from complete scratch, and was likely in over his head. That doesn't mean he can't be a good assistant. Not everyone thrives in that role and I suspect Dollar will be able to embrace his new role and help bring back that discipline the recent teams have sorely lacked.
    I'm not thrilled with the hire, but I don't really care either. He's an assistant basketball coach.
    Agreed. But it still seems weird that Hopkins is scraping up Romar assistants to fill out his staff.
    A guy pining to get a hc job doesn't have a better assistant in mind than dollar???

That is fucking concerning. That's a panic(forced) hire which is the worst kind of new leash. It's not about giving Hopkins area, it's about speaking romar apologists
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

pat_hm said:

This hire is bad.

Makes no sense.

I'm not thrilled with the hire, but I don't really care either. He's an assistant basketball coach.
    Agreed. But it still seems weird that Hopkins is scraping up Romar assistants to fill out his staff.
    If I was just taking on the UW job, I'd be damned if someone was suggesting I was scraping up Romar's scraps.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    pat_hm said:

This hire is bad.

Makes no sense.

He had one job: deliver the cup to Heytvelt in a pizza parlor in fucking Clarkston, WA. How hard can that be without getting caught?