Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Inevitable "I told you so"

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
It's coming next year. UW will suck. Doogs will cling to how much better we could have been if we just had kept Romar for one more season.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Dickerson and Thybulle actually stay and improve, they might be decent, provided the two Garfield guards still come and are decent.

A lot of ifs. Most likely they will be horrible. I agree it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2017

If Dickerson and Thybulle actually stay and improve, they might be decent, provided the two Garfield guards still come and are decent.

A lot of ifs. Most likely they will be horrible. I agree it doesn't really matter.

With a good coach I actually think they will shock people. You have some decent upperclassmen next year. Who knows even Crisp may make some huge strides with a coach that actually teaches.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Take your time Doogs, give it 5 ... 10 years, whatever it takes. Don't rush it.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Next year I just want a coach who wants to win, you know, capable of a technical or throwing a chair. I want players who want to play for that guy. Yeah, Big Jon Brockman comes to mind. We are all sick of players watching the "star" and a coach standing on the court with a "I just shit my pants" look on his face as we lose another in the last five minutes. Kick some ass, Hop.

LEAVE!

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,865
    edited March 2017

It's coming next year. UW will suck. Doogs will cling to how much better we could have been if we just had kept Romar for one more season.

Romar's going to be on a beach in Costa Rica with $3.2 Million in his pocket and a drink in his hand.

The doogs will still be in their mom's basement.

Leave mom's basement the fuck out of this.
    As long as they stay in the basement, The Throbber gonna partay up in her bedroom.

Maybe on the kitchen counter and leave a wet spot.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Next year I just want a coach who wants to win, you know, capable of a technical or throwing a chair. I want players who want to play for that guy. Yeah, Big Jon Brockman comes to mind. We are all sick of players watching the "star" and a coach standing on the court with a "I just shit my pants" look on his face as we lose another in the last five minutes. Kick some ass, Hop.

LEAVE
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PLenty of talent, especially if he salvages some/most of the class.

A REAL coach gets this team into the tourney. Outside of Arizona and Oregon, Pac-12 bball is dreck. UCLA has talent, but Alford sucks balls.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PLenty of talent, especially if he salvages some/most of the class.

A REAL coach gets this team into the tourney. Outside of Arizona and Oregon, Pac-12 bball is dreck. UCLA has talent, but Alford sucks balls.

Too early to determine if reaching the tournament is actually viable. There are a lot of ifs because of possible transfers and the recruiting class.

Disagree about the PAC 12. UCLA will have a lot of talent again. USC will be pretty good, maybe even really good if they aren't hurt too badly by early eateries.

Utah is a solid program with a good coach. Too early to tell about the other teams but Boyle and Colorado have been solid in the past. Oregon State isn't a disaster when Tinkle's son is healthy. It's not bad at all.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,127
    Let the doogs run their "Basketball 206 4 Lyfe" blogs in their mom's basement as they lament the fact they won't be able to watch streetball on their TVs and will, instead, need to go to Greenlake in the summer.
  • Options

It's basketball, who cares? It's not real life, like football. It's barely more important that college baseball. With the latter sports, you get happy and enjoy it every so often when they show up with a team, but you sure as fuck don't get down about it when they don't.

It's just too bad the Seattle area doesn't generate football talent at the level it generates basketball talent.

Admit it - you had a fucking raging Kyle Weaver boner during Tony Bennett's two NCAA appearances with WSU.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

It's basketball, who cares? It's not real life, like football. It's barely more important that college baseball. With the latter sports, you get happy and enjoy it every so often when they show up with a team, but you sure as fuck don't get down about it when they don't.

It's just too bad the Seattle area doesn't generate football talent at the level it generates basketball talent.

Admit it - you had a fucking raging Kyle Weaver boner during Tony Bennett's two NCAA appearances with WSU.

well, it's different with the cuogs. you wouldn't understand.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

well, it's different with the cuogs. yuo wuoldn't understand.
    Fixed that for yuo.