Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rumor: Dick Fain almost got what he deserved

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited March 2017 in Payton's Place
I posted a "wouldn't it be funny if..." a couple of days ago about UW retaining Romar and the Porters finding a way to GTFO.

There's some twitter smoke now that that almost became a reality. Rumors are that Cohen found out that Porter was planning to opt out of his contract and go to Missouri with Cuanzo. I'm not sure what UW would have done in that situation but I would imagine MPJ would have sought a hardship waiver or threatened to sit out if he wasn't released.

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What does this have to do with dick fain? Serious question. I haven't been following this mess or listening to kjr.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2017
    phineas said:

What does this have to do with dick fain? Serious question. I haven't been following this mess or listening to kjr.

He's a "Romar should get a lifetime contract" guy who has been whining all week about never getting to see Michael Porter play for UW and how "now some other team is going to win a national championship with our recruit."

His position is that Romar should have been retained no matter what due to a one and done recruit
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

phineas said:

He's a "Romar should get a lifetime contract" guy who has been whining all week about never getting to see Michael Porter play for UW and how "now some other team is going to win a national championship with our recruit."

His position is that Romar should have been retained no matter what due to a one and done recruit
    Chuck Powell should really kick his ass.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Flagged for believing Jordan Schultz' bullshit.

MPJ wasn't getting out of his LOI if Romar stayed.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    dnc said:

Has it been confirmed that MPJ actually signed an LOI?

Not the same as a financial aid agreement which commits the school but not the player. The LOI binds the player.

Romar is not a good man if he only got a FAA out of Porter - and he cost the school $450K in assistant coach money that could have been used to buy Jen some new stilettos and a couple more whips.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Not the same as a financial aid agreement which commits the school but not the player. The LOI binds the player.

Romar is not a good man if he only got a FAA out of Porter - and he cost the school $450K in assistant coach money that could have been used to buy Jen some new stilettos and a couple more whips.

Jake almighty dude, I know the difference between an LOI and a financial aid agreement.

Unlike Bianciardi, this dude cites his source, until proven otherwise this is the strongest statement on the subject.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

dnc said:

dnc said:

Jake almighty dude, I know the difference between an LOI and a financial aid agreement.

Unlike Bianciardi, this dude cites his source, until proven otherwise this is the strongest statement on the subject.

But we agree $450K would buy a lot of stilettos and whips?
    If you include hookers and blow.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

But we agree $450K would buy a lot of stilettos and whips?
    If you include hookers and blow.
    C'mon, man. You're talking to a professional here.

Not HOF like @Swaye but close.