Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Real Q for non-shit poasters???!!!

I fell behind on the Jocko podcast during football season. In Ep. 63, Jocko talks with a former Vietnam POW William Reeder. Early in the episode, Reeder mentions his son, who he says is turning 50, and that he played at UW. First name might be Spencer. Curious to know more.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,083
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Good evening Echo.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Got what I deserved out here.

I'm not sure why you would expect anything else.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Bread said:

My cousin was on the team in the 70s. I asked him about it Not sure how much I can tell you. He was not the best player on the team. Had a few interesting quirks though. He was brought in by owens to play full back, but don james came in the next year and really liked him more as a olb or de. He was around 6-2 or 6-4 230 lb so he could have sone either. Didn't get much playing time until he was a senior. Even though he was from utah he relly loved pushing his irish heritage and ancestral roots. Trying to tell everyone he just got there from ireland. Real tough guy attitude but that didnt ahow up on the field. Except for stupid unsportsmanlike calls when he got a lucky sack. Probably the most interesting thing was his passion for irish step dancing really unique experience he showed of for the team. I'm not sure how accurate any of this is though, More of a reimagining of psalm wooching as an irishman.

IRA PSLAMS!!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

You have well-documented trust issues with other poasters here.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

You know why.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Huh?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bread said:

My cousin was on the team in the 70s. I asked him about it Not sure how much I can tell you. He was not the best player on the team. Had a few interesting quirks though. He was brought in by owens to play full back, but don james came in the next year and really liked him more as a olb or de. He was around 6-2 or 6-4 230 lb so he could have sone either. Didn't get much playing time until he was a senior. Even though he was from utah he relly loved pushing his irish heritage and ancestral roots. Trying to tell everyone he just got there from ireland. Real tough guy attitude but that didnt ahow up on the field. Except for stupid unsportsmanlike calls when he got a lucky sack. Probably the most interesting thing was his passion for irish step dancing really unique experience he showed of for the team. I'm not sure how accurate any of this is though, More of a reimagining of psalm wooching as an irishman.

good god

where is daniel day lewis when you need him
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I fell behind on the Jocko podcast during football season. In Ep. 63, Jocko talks with a former Vietnam POW William Reeder. Early in the episode, Reeder mentions his son, who he says is turning 50, and that he played at UW. First name might be Spencer. Curious to know more.

Isn't that the 86-90 team?
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I grew up with someone who played in the late 70's / early 80's and had an interception in The Rose Bowl...

Pretty sure Warren Moon was out of eligibility when he got there - he once told me something Moon said or did, but I can't remember what it was...

Haven't seen the guy in around 30 years...

That's my Shit Poaster Inside Info Report !!!

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    Mah mah my Marona?
  • Options