Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gonzaga secures one-seed in West

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Their draw could have been worse ... but they will find themselves in battles from the Round of 32 forward
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    NOC about Gonzaga.

Next weekend has a chance to see Whitman's greatest athletic accomplishment since defeating UW in football in 1907.

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cal also got a one seed

in the fucking NOC NIT
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    this is a DIFFERENT gonzaga team!
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    they have an easy region. not as easy as the shitshow that is kansas' bracket tho.

I can see ND or Arizona beating them
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    matchups worked out great for the zags
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NOC about Gonzaga.

Next weekend has a chance to see Whitman's greatest athletic accomplishment since defeating UW in football in 1907.

So another week of the Missionary position?!?

If I must.

• Options
    dhdawg said:

they have an easy region. not as easy as the shitshow that is kansas' bracket tho.

Bonzi Coulson will be a tough guard for Gonzaga but ND has noone to stop Karnowski either.

It will come down to whether Perkins stinks it up or not.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dhdawg said:

Bonzi Coulson will be a tough guard for Gonzaga but ND has noone to stop Karnowski either.

Perkins is like if you put sophomore/junior AA with NWG's game... So he's an unathletic decent shooter who is a dumb shit.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Perkins is like if you put sophomore/junior AA with NWG's game... So he's an unathletic decent shooter who is a dumb shit.
    He's more athletic but tries to play hero ball at crunch time instead of keeping the ball in NWG's hands.

If Gonzaga finds themselves in a close game and Perkins is on the floor with less than 1:30 left, he will turn it over at least twice. Mark it down in fucking ink.

• Options
    Vandy could give the Zags trouble because they can spread the court, shoot it, and have some size. They have a 7'1" big that is perimeter based and could cause some problems for Karnowski or force them to a zone ... not great against a team that can shoot.

Everybody seems to be on ND and they are definitely sound. I'm interested in seeing who emerges from the ND/West Virginia game because I could see West Virginia's athleticism and trapping causing problems.

Arizona is playing better now than they were in December ... I just don't see the Zags beating them twice. And Arizona's draw is significantly less tied into land mines than Gonzaga's.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    It was a pain to choose a team out of this region with 2 bad top seeds.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dhdawg said:

May as well not even show up to Salt Lake then. The thing is that they don't need to play him. They have other guys that are better. But Few gonna Few.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

May as well not even show up to Salt Lake then. The thing is that they don't need to play him. They have other guys that are better. But Few gonna Few.
    They are far better with Melson on the floor instead of Perkins. Not even close.

Few should have also been burning some of Perkins minutes playing Rui Hachimura instead of just in garbage time. Japanese black man can ball. Few's teams can't handle the athletic bigs who can step outside a bit - Hachimura has the athleticism and length to get out and defend the perimeter. Few did the same shit with Angel Nunez a couple years ago.

But, yes, Few gonna Few. No question.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Agreed with others here in that when Gonzaga loses, it will certainly involve Perkins committing a soul-crushing brain dead turnover in the final minutes.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Although I'd still take the 2005-2006 team that choked vs UCLA over this one. Batista/Ravio/Morrison/Pargo etc
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Although I'd still take the 2005-2006 team that choked vs UCLA over this one. Batista/Ravio/Morrison/Pargo etc

That was actually a good team ... this one has gotten fat by being the biggest fish in a very, very small pond.