Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL Bruins-Furd Game Thread

124»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    I like Stanford's philosophy on offense, but without an NFL caliber RB, the offense is prone to stalling out and getting into a lot of 3rd and longs.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Sankey is gone after this year, I like our other RB's but there's no way any of them are as good as sankey. I know we said the same thing about Polk but it's very rare that an all pac-12 player (maybe even all american) leaves for the pros and u replace. I think the team next year is going to be worse especially considering Wilcox is also gone. We'll have experience up front and talent in the secondary but I'm concerned. We also aren't going to be this healthy next season
  • To the Doogs who want Price out for a more athletic QB like Miles they must remember you are trading athletic ability for accuracy.

Sure Hundley can make some first downs with his legs but he's not as accurate as a Price so bad INT's will happen and third and longs are harder to pick up.

I don't pay much attention but from what I've read Miles best asset is his accuracy.
    He has a weird throwing motion that is over the top so takes a while. Noticed that in the Idaho State game.

He is a great runner though, his run he had in that game(consider the opponent I know) reminded me of Locker as a freshman.

I'm not saying Miles will be inaccurate but he won't be as accurate as a 5th year senior Keith Price is.
    I'm not sure about that. I don't think Price is consistently accurate, although most of the inaccurate throws from this year I can think of are from the Arizona game, and the weather was terrible in that game. I think leadership will be the issue. I have no doubt our next QB will have more talent than Price, but will the whole team look up to them like the guys do with Price? Will they battle adversity like Price has throughout his career?

He's the all-time completion percentage leader in UW history.

If he's not "consistently" accurate then no QB at UW will be.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Well shit, UCLA should be kicking the tying PAT right now.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Really stupid kicking that FG.
    The only thing dumber was being so damn conservative leading into the FG attempt.

Also, Mora really needs to get the penalty shit under control.

This should be 4 down territory for UCLA. The defense is gassed.
  • The only thing dumber was being so damn conservative leading into the FG attempt.

He said he has brought in refs during their practice to correct, he has tried yelling and screaming at them. He said he doesn't know what else to do.

Sounds like Lambright describing the kicking woes.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

The only thing dumber was being so damn conservative leading into the FG attempt.

Yeah the penalty thing looks pretty bad. It was funny when they noted that Washington was the only team that averaged more penalty yards. These are the guys we're arguing about...
    That drive by Stanford was truly David Shaw fucking stupid.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    Hundley is playing fucking awful!!

Can't blame him for the receiver falling down.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

Can't blame him for the receiver falling down.
    I typed that two plays before the pick
    In other David Shaw fucking stupid news, Stanford decides to score again instead of kneeling down. UCLA's odds of winning just went up from 0.00% to 0.07%.
  • In other David Shaw fucking stupid news, Stanford decides to score again instead of kneeling down. UCLA's odds of winning just went up from 0.00% to 0.07%.

I hope UCLA scores a TD, recovers onside kick, scores a TD then goes for 2 and wins the game to expose Shaw once and for all.

In other David Shaw fucking stupid news, Stanford decides to score again instead of kneeling down. UCLA's odds of winning just went up from 0.00% to 0.07%.

I hope UCLA scores a TD, recovers onside kick, scores a TD then goes for 2 and wins the game to expose Shaw once and for all.
    Unfortunately, UCLA is acting like they are down by 35.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393

If they can come back at Nebraska, they should be able to do it at Furd.

Unless Nebraska just really sucks.
    UCLA had plenty of chances in this game. They failed miserably. Mora > Sark >>>>>>> Ty, but UW can do better than all three of those guys.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    This is my biggest red flag with Mora. His rep is as a disciplinarian (e.g. stopping over the wall), but UCLA is just as fucking stupid with the penalties as any of Sark's UW teams.