Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Romar’s future still uncertain as UW administration evaluates hoops program

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
The fact that Jennifer Cohen is still evaluating and dragging this out is almost as alarming as the fact that she hasn't fired Romar already.

thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article137606358.html

Comments

• Options
    FraleyMcClatcherFraleyMcClatcher Member Posts: 13
    First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2017
    Six years with no Tourney and 13 straight losses to close out the season. Hire Roy and retain Sr already.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The whole debate starts and ends with these 5 words:

Six years is six years

Everything else is fs
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Nance and Russo didn't get six years, did they? They got four or five. Romar recruited some prime Seattle-Tacoma talent along with a few others in the 2000s and got some success out of it. Now he's 2-16. Why is this a debate again?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The irony to this is that ultimately I don't really care what they do. I lost interest in that program five years ago.

I'm only posting links and commenting because for some reason I fagpost on a Husky site.

We? all feel that way.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    doogie said:

The two of them need to get behind closed doors and stay in there till they work this thing out

Ummm BBC thick white girl... we know that story.... Romar extended 10 years
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I'm only posting links and commenting because for some reason I run a Husky site.

But do you have a box with a surprise inside ?

I love surprises - do you have a windowless van where we can guess what's in the box ?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Six years with no Tourney and 13 straight losses to close out the season. Hire Roy and retain Sr already.

LEAVE
  • Options
    dnc said:

The fact that Jennifer Cohen is still evaluating and dragging this out is almost as alarming as the fact that she hasn't fired Romar already.

thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article137606358.html

I doubt she's still evaluating like she can't make a decision. She's either a) trying to come up with the money to buy him out (which in that case she should have already found it) b) trying to convince someone important (president, boosters?) to get behind letting him go c) trying to lock in a replacement that Porter Jr will stay on bored for d) some combination of the above.

There's just no way you've gotten to the end of a 2-16 season and not know what you want to do. She wants to fire him or else she would have stood by him by now. What's holding her up is the question.
    How many days have you been a fan of Huskie athletics?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I doubt she's still evaluating like she can't make a decision. She's either a) trying to come up with the money to buy him out (which in that case she should have already found it) b) trying to convince someone important (president, boosters?) to get behind letting him go c) trying to lock in a replacement that Porter Jr will stay on bored for d) some combination of the above.

There's just no way you've gotten to the end of a 2-16 season and not know what you want to do. She wants to fire him or else she would have stood by him by now. What's holding her up is the question.
    Too damn many.

I associate Huskie atheletics much more with decisive stupidity than indecisiveness though.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
    Founders Club

dnc said:

I would guess that she wants to fire him from a basketball standpoint. But the question is whether she has the strength to do the right thing and see it through. The longer she drags it out, the worse it gets. But if she retains him, she will probably win Pac-12 AD of the Year and the Arthur Ashe Courage Award.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Too damn many.

I associate Huskie atheletics much more with decisive stupidity than indecisiveness though.
    Sincerely,
    December 2007
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Too damn many.

Sincerely,
    December 2007
    You're saying 2017-18 UW Men's Hoops will be perfect season special?? Fucking sign me up!!!
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Too damn many.

Sincerely,
    December 2007
    You're saying 2017-18 UW Men's Hoops will be perfect season special?? Fucking sign me up!!!
    We just had @Owen13
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Maybe one and done works at Kentucky - it's been disastrous here, top draft picks have availed UW nothing

Didn't Butler get to the NCAA finals with a team that stayed together a few years ?

Villanova won with a team that's played together awhile...no top picks

If the object of college basketball is success on the college level, Romar has sucked for awhile

Not expecting Final Four appearances, but no this is ridiculous
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Too damn many.

Sincerely,
    December 2007
    We just had @Owen13
    @owen18 is gonna make @owen13 his underaged bitch.

(Hi @backthepack!)
  • Options
    tenndawg said:

Maybe one and done works at Kentucky - it's been disastrous here, top draft picks have availed UW nothing

Didn't Butler get to the NCAA finals with a team that stayed together a few years ?

Villanova won with a team that's played together awhile...no top picks

If the object of college basketball is success on the college level, Romar has sucked for awhile

Not expecting Final Four appearances, but no this is ridiculous

One and dones haven't been the problem, it's the rest of the rosters around the one and dones that have been the issue. Put any of the one and dones with any of the Roy or IT teams, and those teams would have been phenomenal. But none of them played with Roy or IT.

Hawes - played with the worst set of guards of the Romar era
    Wroten (who I hated) - played with Darnell Gant as the best big on the team
    Chriss, Murray - Malik Dime was the best upperclassmen on the team.
    Fultz - see above

The issue isn't recruiting one and dones, it's been only having one or two of them surrounded by dreck. The timing of them has been awful. And yes, Porter isn't going to lift this team to any special heights either.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2017

dnc said:

dnc said:

Too damn many.

Sincerely,
    December 2007
    And we hired internally with someone who was part of December 2007. Incredible.