Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Reports are that the report is false and no decision has been made
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sure glad we're not making any hasty decisions
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I will hold out hope he's still getting fired.

We still have another 20+ point loss to hopefully help seal the deal.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meanwhile, #MyDawgs are already halfway to matching shittyass basketballs conference wins by March 4.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    The only thing that can possibly justify keeping Romar is for Jen to expose her tits at the spring game.

There is no other consideration worthy of keeping that fucking fuck as coach.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    That sounds like he's gone. If they were planning on keeping him they would say so. If they weren't sure, they could just say nothing. The only reason you come out to contradict a report that he's staying is if he's not staying.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is the budget an actual reason? I know it is also an excuse from fans wanting to keep Romar, but is 3.5 million that crippling? Cal fired Dykes and hired a new coach and their budget is a lot worse than UW's.
  • Options

Is the budget an actual reason? I know it is also an excuse from fans wanting to keep Romar, but is 3.5 million that crippling? Cal fired Dykes and hired a new coach and their budget is a lot worse than UW's.

No idea. Not only do I not have an idea, but 99% of apologist doogs have no idea, haven't seen the budget, and hasn't seen specifics of Romar's contracts, all of which pertain to the budget excuse. But again, doog confirmation biases just keep amplifying when they bounce them off each other every time.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

That sounds like he's gone. If they were planning on keeping him they would say so. If they weren't sure, they could just say nothing. The only reason you come out to contradict a report that he's staying is if he's not staying.
    There is the distinct possibility this was floated out to get a feel of response from fans and shit. I kinda doubt it, but that quote from UW is pretty strong in saying they haven't reached a decision and won't until the season is over.

The budget thing is interesting, I've heard through the grapevine that UW actually operated in the positive this year with cash flow (Thanks Pete and Football), in February of 2016 they were projecting a $13million deficit, in October they projected $6 million deficit, and now they cleared that and were in the positive.

They do have legitimate budget issues, and are actually trying to figure that shit out, but it really just takes a couple of boosters to say, "we'll write the check".
  • Options

dnc said:

There is the distinct possibility this was floated out to get a feel of response from fans and shit. I kinda doubt it, but that quote from UW is pretty strong in saying they haven't reached a decision and won't until the season is over.

The budget thing is interesting, I've heard through the grapevine that UW actually operated in the positive this year with cash flow (Thanks Pete and Football), in February of 2016 they were projecting a $13million deficit, in October they projected $6 million deficit, and now they cleared that and were in the positive.

They do have legitimate budget issues, and are actually trying to figure that shit out, but it really just takes a couple of boosters to say, "we'll write the check".
    Hearsay from an internet message board is good enough for me to connect the dots and assume he's fired
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

dnc said:

Dude who made $69 Million in the NBA just needs to do it with the condition he is named the next head coach.

Like an annuity. Drop a couple million for several years at a $1.5M+ per.

And keep the wonder child Porter.

Problem solved.