Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cindric and Ale

Are these guys any good? They are the only linemen in state who have pac 12 offers. Ale's stock seems to be rising as of late.

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2017
    They should probably just offer Ale right now, and not wait for him to get too interested in another program. He's probably the 4th best guy on their radar who's interested. He's supposedly 340#s. With the stupid ways the recruiting services work, by who has offered the player, if UW offers Ale, he'll probably move up to a 4*.
    Ale appears to have Danny Shelton-like-tree-trunk-legs as well.

Cindric seems smallish for the DL.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ale has a chance to be a good player, IMO. He's just super raw. He's a powerful kid, but his movement is pretty average for a guy of his size. He looks like a lumbering RG to me. I don't love him, but beggars can't be choosers. My worry here is that people are over-projecting him because he's so raw.

Cindric is small, not particularly powerful and moves decently for a kid of his size (6-3.5, 260). I think in a normal year Cindric would struggle to get any decent offers, but I think he's in that 'let's throw out the offer and see what happens' tier for a lot of indiscriminate schools. I really don't like him for us or really for anyone.

The issue I think on both of these guys is just that it's such a shit year for OL on the West Coast (after an amazing year last year) that teams are throwing out offers to anyone in their X-number to have a chance to be a decent player, and because it's a down year, both these guys happen to be in that tier.

Ale, if he gets good, is a guy you can win win. But Cindric's ceiling is being a JAG.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

But Cindric's ceiling is being a JAG another Nick Harris.

Crisped.