Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Name this coach

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited February 2017 in Payton's Place
After retiring from professional basketball in _______, ______joined ______as an assistant coach; in _______he was promoted to head coach following the retirement of__________.

Former player coached under a long term retiring coach, with little prior experience, elevated to head coach. This sets up perfectly for Conroy, who everyone has said was a coach on the court, former players have raved about his X's and O's, to take over for a suddenly retiring coach Romar at the beginning of next season after all the players are signed and delivered. This Retention of Michael Porter Sr, and a huge salary increase to Brandon Roy to join the Husky staff as an important assistant coach.

I just don't see Jen going outside of this staff to recruit a high powered exspensive coach. I would WTF myself but this shit is happening. And let's be real, Tequila could coach next years team to 22 wins and into the NCAA tourney with an upperclass of Dickerson, Crisp, Thybule, Green and Atewe, along with next years top draft pick, Michael Porter Jr, and guards Harris, Davis and Nowell

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The idea doesn't excite me, but it makes a hell of a lot of sense. We? love promoting from within.

Fuck.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I assume the name this coach is Kevin Ollie. Who sucks.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's a real shocker when a coach's best accomplishment in 15 years is a sweet 16 that people aren't beating down the door for assistants.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There is exactly one program who would have hired Conroy as a Asst. Coach with no previous experience and if it was any other team who did that, we (along with the rest of cbb) would all be laughing and thinking wtf.

Don't the doogs understand Porter will be here ONE YEAR!! Then what?

I worry more about 7 "anonymous donors" (1 from Oregon, 1 from N. Cali, 2 from LA, 1 from Arizona, 1 from Colorado, and 1 from Utah) each sending $500k to UW with the sole purpose to extend Romar another 3 years to show how "committed" the program is to b-ball.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #ExtendRomarNow