Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

BB: Huskies picked 8th

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
The excitement around the basketball team when the season came around was awesome, that is gone now. The way I see it is NWG (I like to call him that) needs to come in and have a big season. Wilcox needs to b what he is but the keys are kemp and Andrews. If they don't take big steps forward we're looking at another NIT bid

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    This team will be improved by simple addition by subtraction. Gaddy and Suggs are both gone so I already see a much better team.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,383 Swaye's Wigwam
    One and done's for UW have been absolute killers....Hawes killed the program for a few years and Wroten did the same.

We aren't good enough to waste scholarships on these guys and get nothing out of 'em.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    HuskyJW said:

One and done's for UW have been absolute killers....Hawes killed the program for a few years and Wroten did the same.

We aren't good enough to waste scholarships on these guys and get nothing out of 'em.

The other problem is romar puts all his eggs in the Bennett, Gordon, bird basket and strikes out and by that time all the middle to good talent is gone time to change recruiting philosophy
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    Basketball is the ass cancer of men's sports.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Canard said:

Basketball is the ass cancer of men's sports.

Disagree:

• CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    Disagree. Soccer is the full blown AIDS of the sporting world and all of the ass cancer in it is merely a symptom of the main disease.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    8th is a little low. If we do finish 8th, Romar should be firmly on the hot seat.
    edited October 2013
    edit: wrong thread
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    HuskyJW said:

Not this shit again.

Hawes didn't kill the program. Having absolute dreck for guards killed the program. Had Hawes been here any season other than 07 or 08 UW would have made a major run with him. Nobody could get him the ball. You take a kid like Hawes knowing he's one and done 100 times out of 100.

8th is a little low. If we do finish 8th, Romar should be firmly on the hot seat.

If we finish 8th, after two straight seasons of no big dance (I like to call it the big dance. #HiDamone) Romar should be fired. He won't, though.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    HuskyJW said:

But it's fine to waste scholarships on Joe Wolifinger, Hakeem Stewart, Martin Brunig, etc? We did have disappointing season with both guys, but I don't agree at all that one and done's have been killers. Hawes was the best player on the team when he played, and Wroten was the second best when he played at UW.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

HuskyJW said:

But it's fine to waste scholarships on Joe Wolifinger, Hakeem Stewart, Martin Brunig, etc? We did have disappointing season with both guys, but I don't agree at all that one and done's have been killers. Hawes was the best player on the team when he played, and Wroten was the second best when he played at UW.

bingo
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Hawes was goddamn awesome, too bad JD almost ruined that season by himself. He got fat and decided he was the second coming of Jesus Christ but horribly regressed. His starting backcourt partner was Ryan effing Appleby. Ugh. How can you fuck up a frontcourt of Hawes and Brockman? Are you kidding me? You have to be pretty damn bad.

[another paragraph bemoaning the new high-post offense and the excitement being gone from the program]

[another paragraph about how Romar has never made the NCAAs without either BRoy or IT]

[another paragraph about awful FT shooting, OOC woes, road woes]
    The high post offense wasn't only boring but it didn't fit our team. for that offense u need a big man who can catch shoot dribble and pass. That's not ndaiye or kemp. Although it wouldn't have mattered cause we were awful
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    HuskyJW said:

...Hawes killed the program for a few years...

Yeah, UW only won 4 conference titles in the five years following Hawes's early exit. I hope NWG kills the program like that.
    Romar's biggest recruiting problem has been mentioned in this thread already. He goes after these 5 star out of state recruits and throws the house at them. UW always seems to be in these players top 2/3 early because no other coach is recruiting them as hard because they know at the end of the day Washington won't be a school to worry about closer to signing day.

Then they are left with complete scraps, although last years recruiting class could have been worse.

I like this years recruiting class so far, Dorsey was a must get and he is focusing on big men instead of having a bunch of SG/SF hybrids on the floor like he usually does.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Who are we going to get that's better???
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

Not this shit again.

Hawes didn't kill the program. Having absolute dreck for guards killed the program. Had Hawes been here any season other than 07 or 08 UW would have made a major run with him. Nobody could get him the ball. You take a kid like Hawes knowing he's one and done 100 times out of 100.

If we finish 8th, after two straight seasons of no big dance (I like to call it the big dance. #HiDamone) Romar should be fired. He won't, though.

If only he was on the team a year before not only would he have contributed but jenson wouldn't have been on the court to foul that guy up 4. Am I a doog when I say we could've won the national title if that foul doesn't happen
    We would've been in the elite 8 against gmu and then in the final four u never know u never know, romar would've probably choked anyway
  • No you aren't considering ucla was in the finals and UW swept them.

College basketball was down in 2006 plus that team could have had Webster and Nate Rob.
    Pls don't mention webster, the thought of him almost being on that team makes me sick