Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Why Is Fultz Playing Against the STDs Game Thread

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
Crowd looking very old, rich, and white tonight

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Why not play? It was supposed to be a very minor injury. Seems they took the very cautious approach to hold him out two games. Don't want to send scouts the signal that you're soft/quitting on your team.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    We are going to go on a streak, win the Pac12 tourney and make the Tournament to save Romar's job.

Of course, I laffed when I turned on the game and we were losing 13-2. Fucking Romar...
  • Options
    But @dnc I thought during the bowl season the argument was why blame guys like McCaffrey for sitting out their bowl games with nothing left to play for?

I agree with you because that's not how I would go about things ... but at the same time, if I was Romar and I knew that the season was over I certainly wouldn't be asking him to play 35 minutes and in the game with 5 minutes to go when down 25 either.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

But @dnc I thought during the bowl season the argument was why blame guys like McCaffrey for sitting out their bowl games with nothing left to play for?

I agree with you because that's not how I would go about things ... but at the same time, if I was Romar and I knew that the season was over I certainly wouldn't be asking him to play 35 minutes and in the game with 5 minutes to go when down 25 either.

I think there's a big difference between not blaming a guy for not playing in the bowl game and saying "why play". There are plenty of reasons to play. Sometimes there are reasons to sit out as well. I wouldn't blame Fultz for sitting out, but I think the better decision for him is to play and show that he's not quitting on a terrible team. Whoever drafts him is going to probably be terrible, so you want to establish you're willing to push through a dreck season.

All that being said it looks like the knee is worse than i thought as he's already been benched because of it. Thankfully he's back in.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I really like Carlos Johnson, able to create his own shot better than I thought he'd be with that big body. Hustle player too. He should play more.
  • Options
    As soon as I say that he ole's on defense.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Tequilla said:

Stanford's bowl game is more like the NIT or CBI, but still.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

The better question is:

Why are you watching this dreck?

WOOF!
  • Options
    dnc said:

As soon as I say that he ole's on defense.

He's also a foul machine
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    First half champs!! What now haters?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Didn't read the read or watch or follow game, but let me guess. leading for most of the game but collapsed and loss in the end?
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Didn't read the read or watch or follow game, but let me guess. leading for most of the game but collapsed and loss in the end?

A little different this time. Behind most of the game, made a nice run to take lead, collapsed at the end.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Risk for serious injury so much higher in football then basketball.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2017
    DDYed with foot surgery...not much choice in life right now. There is only so much TV series/movies you can watch in a day...

And Fultz probably should play if he can...don't want to be known as a 19 year old with knee problems before the draft.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fultz sucks dick. How can you be the best player on earth yet your team is the worst? If LeBron was on this team they make the tourney, despite romar coaching. Fultz is just a loser. Fuck him.
  • Options
    phineas said:

Fultz sucks dick. How can you be the best player on earth yet your team is the worst? If LeBron was on this team they make the tourney, despite romar coaching. Fultz is just a loser. Fuck him.

There's a huge gap between "maybe the #1 pick" and "Lebron". Nobody is claiming he's anything close to LeBron holy strawman batman.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

phineas said:

There's a huge gap between "maybe the #1 pick" and "Lebron". Nobody is claiming he's anything close to LeBron holy strawman batman.
    Irregardless, Fultz is still a looser and your poont is mute.
  • Options
    That's the third straight bullshit block/charge call that's gone against UW.