Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mad Son's Ramblings: 10-16-13

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageMad Son's Ramblings: 10-16-13

"We just don't belong among the best teams in  football," writes Mad Son in this week's Ramblings. "And if we as a fan base and program are alright with these  results and don't take action against them, then that is a statement of  mediocrity-acceptance."

Read the full story here

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    FIRST!

NYBE

GRAA

Disagree

+1
    I might have to start calling Doogs "quarter-brains" instead.

I like that.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    I'm angry too. At the fan base that accepts mediocrity, but especially with the UW administration and AD. It seems not enough people give a shit about the program, at least not the one's with authority to fix it.

The WA football program is a god damned orphanage.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Your best effort.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,350 Founders Club
    GRAA.

Quarter brains = win.
  • DawgGrad95DawgGrad95 Member Posts: 20
    "I truly fear what becomes of Husky football if we were to win on Saturday."

I get where you're going and believe the time for learning on the job is over. As a lifelong UW fan and alum I can't bring myself to sacrifice wins to force a coaching change. If (granted a huge IF) the team went 10-2 I would hope fans would be excited about that.
    edited October 2013

I get where you're going and believe the time for learning on the job is over. As a lifelong UW fan and alum I can't bring myself to sacrifice wins to force a coaching change. If (granted a huge IF) the team went 10-2 I would hope fans would be excited about that.

10-2 would only get me excited if it got Sark a new job somewhere else.

Sark has proven he's not the guy to compete in the Pac-12 North consistently, much less the guy who can win Rose Bowls and natties.

I don't understand why UW fans succumb to short term thinking and hope instead of looking at the real big picture. I would think even a quarter-brain could do better.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

10-2 would only get me excited if it got Sark a new job somewhere else.

Sark has proven he's not the guy to compete in the Pac-12 North consistently, much less the guy who can win Rose Bowls and natties.

I don't understand why UW fans succumb to short term thinking and hope instead of looking at the real big picture. I would think even a quarter-brain could do better.
    Maybe better to call 'em penny-brains. They ain't worth two bits.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,164

Operating under the assumption that differences in the number of wins this year will affect the number of wins in the future, I am happy to sacrifice wins in the short term for wins in the long term. Like yeah, if I had the option of every game that Sark coaches from here on forward is a win then I would choose that in a heart beat. I do not hate Sark - I hate that under Sark's guidance this program is not on track to return to greatness in my lifetime. If he isn't going to succeed then I want him to hugely and clearly fail to expedite his departure and thus allow us to get a winner in as soon as possible.
    Mad_Son said:

Operating under the assumption that differences in the number of wins this year will affect the number of wins in the future, I am happy to sacrifice wins in the short term for wins in the long term. Like yeah, if I had the option of every game that Sark coaches from here on forward is a win then I would choose that in a heart beat. I do not hate Sark - I hate that under Sark's guidance this program is not on track to return to greatness in my lifetime. If he isn't going to succeed then I want him to hugely and clearly fail to expedite his departure and thus allow us to get a winner in as soon as possible.
    I hate Sark: Dude talks a ton of shit but never backs any of it up and never takes accountability when he fucks up.

It's like having Auburndawg as the actual coach of the program.
  • bw_dawgbw_dawg Member Posts: 1
    I'm calling bullshit on this. I was at that Houston viewing party vs Arizona and there were at least 25 people at Nick's and there was plenty of enthusiasm around the program. Quite a few people were telling me they were going to make the trip to Seattle for the game which might explain the low turnout. Give Ryne and his gang more credit.
    bw_dawg said:

I'm calling bullshit on this. I was at that Houston viewing party vs Arizona and there were at least 25 people at Nick's and there was plenty of enthusiasm around the program. Quite a few people were telling me they were going to make the trip to Seattle for the game which might explain the low turnout. Give Ryne and his gang more credit.

Arizona != Oregon

I think I was pretty clear I only went to Illinois and Oregon (and like a complete idiot Idaho State before realizing that they didn't carry the Pac-12 network). I can not comment on Arizona and what the enthusiasm from others was at that point in time...
    bw_dawg said:

Also, are you talking about Nick's on Wilcrest? If so that is not where I have met up with people...