Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Austin Osbourne TBS ranks overview

Comments

• BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    247 composite does that shit for you
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2017

He has everything. Short speed, long speed, insane foot speed, route running, hands, quickness in and out of breaks. To me he is an easy top 100 player in the Country.

He is unreal. I love him. DDY 3.
    is there anything he needs to work on? i did play WR for 2 years in junior high (2 catches no drops, 1 first down in a power run league....in Canada. fuck me) and i love Osborne and wouldn't trade him for the world, but if i had to nitpick the tape doesn't show much high pointing on the ball.

looking forward to the entire board nuking me from here so i can learn to shut up about recruiting (not my forte, obviously).
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    Tequilla said:

I'm really happy that you two nerd out and do the heavy lifting early and throughout the process and then I drunkenly examine the exquisite hips at the end of the process

It's often said, apologetically, that a dude "only gets that way when he drinks" - to excuse annoying, drunken behavior.

@Tequila is wired the opposite way.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Regarding the rankings, it is way too early IMO to put too much stock in them ... there's a lot of time for this stuff to play out.

This period works the best for our staff because it is all about evaluations and projections right now ...

I suspect we will have a significant haul between now and the end of the summer ... I'm fascinated to see how the early signing period plays out and specifically how it impacts programs like USC that typically do their best work between the new early signing period and national signing day
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Regarding the rankings, it is way too early IMO to put too much stock in them ... there's a lot of time for this stuff to play out.

This period works the best for our staff because it is all about evaluations and projections right now ...

I suspect we will have a significant haul between now and the end of the summer ... I'm fascinated to see how the early signing period plays out and specifically how it impacts programs like USC that typically do their best work between the new early signing period and national signing day

When is the new early sighing period? Agree that's a big advantage for us.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I believe it is December ... Pepsi probably knows the exact date as that is the kind of stuff that he has posted on a wall in his basement with some kind of a countdown clock attached to
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I believe it is December ... Pepsi probably knows the exact date as that is the kind of stuff that he has posted on a wall in his basement with some kind of a countdown clock attached to
    Not nearly as early as I had hoped
    There was talk of one during the Summer that got almost universally shot down
    Tequilla said:

Just looked it up, three days in mid-December. Probably doesn't alter things that much.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Just looked it up, three days in mid-December. Probably doesn't alter things that much.
    I'm guessing more than you think ...

It's hard to find the data on now, but I'm thinking that at least 8-10 of USC's class they got verbals from between the December and February signing period with some of those players pulled from other schools.

So the big question that I have is whether or not it forces schools like USC to get more aggressive early in the process or do they continue to wait until the last month or two to get do the balance of their damage. For those kids that are wanting to go all the way to NSD, it will likely work. But it may keep them from being able to flip a handful of guys each year ... and that could eventually add up for them and force them to take more of their first wave of guys that they eventually tell to move on.
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It's hard to find the data on now, but I'm thinking that at least 8-10 of USC's class they got verbals from between the December and February signing period with some of those players pulled from other schools.

So the big question that I have is whether or not it forces schools like USC to get more aggressive early in the process or do they continue to wait until the last month or two to get do the balance of their damage. For those kids that are wanting to go all the way to NSD, it will likely work. But it may keep them from being able to flip a handful of guys each year ... and that could eventually add up for them and force them to take more of their first wave of guys that they eventually tell to move on.
    Disagree completely. It's the law of expanding time, something takes as long to complete as you allow for it. SC waits because they can. Pushing the deadline up six weeks just means they'll start pushing for those flips six weeks earlier. I don't see this impacting their final classes much, if at all.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Disagree completely. It's the law of expanding time, something takes as long to complete as you allow for it. SC waits because they can. Pushing the deadline up six weeks just means they'll start pushing for those flips six weeks earlier. I don't see this impacting their final classes much, if at all.
    True. But they have less time to push during the actual season than they do in January so it's not exactly the same
    edited February 2017
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

True. But they have less time to push during the actual season than they do in January so it's not exactly the same
    Because Nansen spends so much time and effort coaching?

If december is like a dead period leading up to signing day then maybe but that seems massively unlikely.
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

This was the exact point that I was going to make ...

Most of the teams that are going to be negatively impacted the most are going to be those teams that are playing for something meaningful into late November and early December.

USC relies on getting kids on campus in January to really throw all of their efforts on ...

In this class, perhaps they would have been able to flip Marlon and get him to sign prior to the early signing period with the lies that Nansen came up with. I'm not sure though. Given the immigration issue, this wouldn't have even started until Trump won (guarantee you that nobody was thinking that this was realistic back in October in California). From that point forward, USC would have had one month to get this plan set in motion and executed. Doable but not entirely sure. On top of that, Tui wouldn't have been at the Army game yet and formed the relationship with Jay Tufele at that point making the move to SC more palpable. Would SC have been able to get Marlon down in time for an official? Maybe. And, even if they would have flipped him, it would have given UW 2 months to find a good secondary option versus the two weeks that they had.
    Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Most of the teams that are going to be negatively impacted the most are going to be those teams that are playing for something meaningful into late November and early December.

USC relies on getting kids on campus in January to really throw all of their efforts on ...

In this class, perhaps they would have been able to flip Marlon and get him to sign prior to the early signing period with the lies that Nansen came up with. I'm not sure though. Given the immigration issue, this wouldn't have even started until Trump won (guarantee you that nobody was thinking that this was realistic back in October in California). From that point forward, USC would have had one month to get this plan set in motion and executed. Doable but not entirely sure. On top of that, Tui wouldn't have been at the Army game yet and formed the relationship with Jay Tufele at that point making the move to SC more palpable. Would SC have been able to get Marlon down in time for an official? Maybe. And, even if they would have flipped him, it would have given UW 2 months to find a good secondary option versus the two weeks that they had.
    That's an excellent poont.

I think the Marlon thing is a massive outlier in virtually every way. I wouldn't build too much of a future projection based off of it.
    BlowItUp said:

247 composite does that shit for you

Does it show the actual breakdown of who rated them what or just an overall average?
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I think the Marlon thing is a massive outlier in virtually every way. I wouldn't build too much of a future projection based off of it.
    Exactly, for us, I don't think it will in any way hurt us. I would expect that at least 75% of the class that we end up signing will be guys that have been verbals to us for a long period of time.

Where it may see some change in our process is when do you cut bait on a player and move on to your next level guy? For example, in this class, at what point should we have moved on from Fozzy knowing we weren't going to get him? With an early signing period, does Kirkland sign early with UCLA? Do we have to offer him earlier to ensure that we get him earlier?

The other question that I have is what happens to anybody that you have as a verbal prior to the early signing period that doesn't sign during the early period ... that's got to be a bit of a red flag right?
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Exactly, for us, I don't think it will in any way hurt us. I would expect that at least 75% of the class that we end up signing will be guys that have been verbals to us for a long period of time.

Where it may see some change in our process is when do you cut bait on a player and move on to your next level guy? For example, in this class, at what point should we have moved on from Fozzy knowing we weren't going to get him? With an early signing period, does Kirkland sign early with UCLA? Do we have to offer him earlier to ensure that we get him earlier?

The other question that I have is what happens to anybody that you have as a verbal prior to the early signing period that doesn't sign during the early period ... that's got to be a bit of a red flag right?
    With Peterman's verbal policy I'd imagine they move on immediately except in the case they absolutely LOVE the kid (i.e. Ty Jones). I'm guessing a pre-early signing period verbal to UW will now mean "I'm committed to signing in December".
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I still don't understand how this will work. Are they going to keep the date the same for early entrants for the NFL draft? Because if someone starts telling their coach they're likely entering and then changes their mind, it leads to a new set of problems. I also don't think it would be fair to move up that deadline to enter the draft when some colleges are still practicing for playoffs and bowl games and such.