Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's Official: All Cuogs are Fags

Dear Gabe,

This letter to you is less about your life as an athlete and more about you personally and the way you choose to walk through this life and how you choose to affect the people that you encounter.

As far as football is concerned you will be fine. Your drive to be great and your willingness to work when others won’t will take your further than you ever could have imagined. The countless hours that you will put in over the next years will become your crutch to lean on in times of adversity when you begin to question yourself. You will face adversity. You will learn to use adversity as your ally and wield that energy in your favor throughout your life on and off the field.

You will soon begin to see that the game that you love will give you the perfect platform to affect change in the world around you. No matter how big or how small that change may be, you will feel that it is your duty as a human being to do your part. In the trying times that lie ahead, you will see more division, hate, and overall digression of people’s ability to empathize with one another than you could ever have imagined. I know it may be hard to understand now but your voice over time will prove to be far more valuable than anything that you could accomplish on a football field.

Trust your upbringing. You were raised right. Continue to show empathy and understanding to others even if it seems like an unpopular stance to take. People who oppose you will eventually come around. No matter what, always stay true to yourself and say what’s truly in your heart. You will slowly begin to see that you speak for more people than yourself.

Learn to embrace being alone. You will spark your greatest thoughts and come to your greatest realizations about the world and yourself in these precious moments of solitude.

Read more. Knowledge is the key to the rest of the world that is currently hidden from your sight. Be brave and unyielding in your quest for the truth. Ask questions to things that you do not understand.

Be accepting and tolerant to those who lose their way. You will need people to do the same for you when your trail goes cold, because it will. Embrace moments of darkness. You will always find the light again.

Accept change in yourself as well as in others. You will find this to be one of the greatest obstacles you face. As difficult as this will be for you, it will be something that you will overcome.

I know the things I’m speaking to you about might seem a bit heavy, but I know that you feel that unrelenting restlessness inside of you to not only be a great football player but also a great person. These things I ask of you are things that can’t be done in a day or a month. This is a life’s work of evolving as a person every day and working on yourself every moment. These things I ask of you will mold you into the player that you want to be on the field that people will be unable to deny, as well as a man whom people will respect and love off the field. Keep going against the grain and challenging the status quo, my friend.

Sincerely,

Your forever evolving self

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Jesus. What a fag.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-football/former-wsu-wr-gabe-marks-was-asked-to-write-a-letter-to-his-14-year-old-self-heres-what-he-said/

"We asked WSU receiver Gabe Marks, a nominee for MTRWestern's Seattle Male Sports Star of the Year Award, to write a letter to his 14-year-old self. Here's what Marks wrote."
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-football/former-wsu-wr-gabe-marks-was-asked-to-write-a-letter-to-his-14-year-old-self-heres-what-he-said/

"We asked WSU receiver Gabe Marks, a nominee for MTRWestern's Seattle Male Sports Star of the Year Award, to write a letter to his 14-year-old self. Here's what Marks wrote."

Prediction: We'll be reading his either his "Letter from Jail" or suicide note in <5 years.
    Place your bets.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's hard for me to muster up much hate for the Cuogs. Every once in awhile someone comes along who helps me get there. Barry Bolton, Ryan Leaf, Klay Thompson, Dick Bennett, Mike Leach.

And for the last couple years, Gabe Marks.

I'm gonna miss his punk ass.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,893
    dnc said:

It's hard for me to muster up much hate for the Cuogs. Every once in awhile someone comes along who helps me get there. Barry Bolton, Ryan Leaf, Klay Thompson, Dick Bennett, Mike Leach.

There should be no hate for those two. How can you hate on a guy who flips off the crowd. HHB invite. Stat.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,893

Dear Gabe,

This letter to you is less about your life as an athlete and more about you personally and the way you choose to walk through this life and how you choose to affect the people that you encounter.

As far as football is concerned you will be fine. Your drive to be great and your willingness to work when others won’t will take your further than you ever could have imagined. The countless hours that you will put in over the next years will become your crutch to lean on in times of adversity when you begin to question yourself. You will face adversity. You will learn to use adversity as your ally and wield that energy in your favor throughout your life on and off the field.

You will soon begin to see that the game that you love will give you the perfect platform to affect change in the world around you. No matter how big or how small that change may be, you will feel that it is your duty as a human being to do your part. In the trying times that lie ahead, you will see more division, hate, and overall digression of people’s ability to empathize with one another than you could ever have imagined. I know it may be hard to understand now but your voice over time will prove to be far more valuable than anything that you could accomplish on a football field.

Trust your upbringing. You were raised right. Continue to show empathy and understanding to others even if it seems like an unpopular stance to take. People who oppose you will eventually come around. No matter what, always stay true to yourself and say what’s truly in your heart. You will slowly begin to see that you speak for more people than yourself.

Learn to embrace being alone. You will spark your greatest thoughts and come to your greatest realizations about the world and yourself in these precious moments of solitude.

Read more. Knowledge is the key to the rest of the world that is currently hidden from your sight. Be brave and unyielding in your quest for the truth. Ask questions to things that you do not understand.

Be accepting and tolerant to those who lose their way. You will need people to do the same for you when your trail goes cold, because it will. Embrace moments of darkness. You will always find the light again.

Accept change in yourself as well as in others. You will find this to be one of the greatest obstacles you face. As difficult as this will be for you, it will be something that you will overcome.

I know the things I’m speaking to you about might seem a bit heavy, but I know that you feel that unrelenting restlessness inside of you to not only be a great football player but also a great person. These things I ask of you are things that can’t be done in a day or a month. This is a life’s work of evolving as a person every day and working on yourself every moment. These things I ask of you will mold you into the player that you want to be on the field that people will be unable to deny, as well as a man whom people will respect and love off the field. Keep going against the grain and challenging the status quo, my friend.

Sincerely,

Your forever evolving self

He should have added "Don't forget to wear sunscreen" and we could have had a full on don't-plagiarize-my-shit-fucko letter.

• Options

dnc said:

There should be no hate for those two. How can you hate on a guy who flips off the crowd. HHB invite. Stat.

I respect the double bird for the doog pack. The take the air out of the ball, 30 poont snoozefests, notsomuch.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The saddest part is that someone probably wrote this for him
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The saddest part is that someone probably wrote this for him

@gabemarksknee true??!?!!?!?
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dear Fag,

I'd tell you not to be such a fag, but your faggot ass wouldn't listen - besides, you are fag-tastic !!!

Faggingly Yours,

Pre Op

==÷÷===

Much more concise, he rambled way too much
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Ha! Whoever wrote that admitted he needs a crutch
  • Options

dnc said:

Also, thread is worthless without

People forget that a touchdown was scored on this play. People for that.
    *forget
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

Which is weird because he was clearly down.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

dnc said:

*forget
    FML
  • Options

dnc said:

I thought wrist was considered part of the hand?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I thought wrist was considered part of the hand?
    Wrong Boobs. For the 29 Thousandth time.