Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beaver football might be on the right track

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Oregon State does well when their coach's last name ends in "sen" or "son." So they should be improved this year.

What most of the fuckheads around here seem to be neglecting is that, except for one year, Oregon has had top 20 recruiting classes and now has an S&C coach is SERIOUS about working them until their livers literally start bleeding. We also have a good QB again.

Also too, the Civil War is in Autzen. Unless Taggart is a total piece of shit (losing record), we beat the Boovs in our place.

I've never been an Oregon basher or hater at all. In fact, doogs who pretend like Oregon didn't have a historic run piss me off. I genuinely liked watching Oregon play.

I really feel like Taggart is an idiot though. The snakes comment was cringe worthy. He already started the pr campaign about what a big rebuild it's going to take.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2017
    haie said:

It was year one of Taggert, if you doogs haven't forgotten. You were all defending Pete year 1.

I mean, I've been hearing for years now that Oregon will be back in their rightful place, like there isn't enough money to get this thing rolling again.

I mean, this place claims it isn't the doog haven that it is, that's all I'm saying. You were all dooging when we stomped on you when you were down. I'll LIPO.

It was year 3 for Andersen and year 1 for Taggert taking over that defense. Man this place has turned into a doog cesspool, that's all I'm saying.

Excuse me while I fly up to Vancouver tonight to watch my other shit team get ceremoniously stomped by Boston.

You make it sound like Oregon doesn't take football seriously. Another non-bowel year and Phil Knight will gay marry Chip Kelly and leave his money to him to come back.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

Oregon State does well when their coach's last name ends in "sen" or "son." So they should be improved this year.

What most of the fuckheads around here seem to be neglecting is that, except for one year, Oregon has had top 20 recruiting classes and now has an S&C coach is SERIOUS about working them until their livers literally start bleeding. We also have a good QB again.

Also too, the Civil War is in Autzen. Unless Taggart is a total piece of shit (losing record), we beat the Boovs in our place.

I've never been an Oregon basher or hater at all. In fact, doogs who pretend like Oregon didn't have a historic run piss me off. I genuinely liked watching Oregon play.

I really feel like Taggart is an idiot though. The snakes comment was cringe worthy. He already started the pr campaign about what a big rebuild it's going to take.
    Maybe. But he's an idiot that young, edgy black teenagers apparently want to play for. The question that remains is how does he use that talent?
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    0 to 3 wins in the worst Pac12 in years.

Imagine how bad it would have to be for them to get to 6 wins. They'd have to sweep at home and win a road game. Then manage 2 OOC wins.

Vegas here I come!!!!

• Options
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

Imagine how bad it would have to be for them to get to 6 wins. They'd have to sweep at home and win a road game. Then manage 2 OOC wins.

Vegas here I come!!!!

If you're talking about 2016 that's the QPOTY

Pac teams in the final top 5:
    2015: 1
    2016: 2

Pac teams in the final top 15:
    2016: 3

Pac teams in the final top 25:
    2015: 3
    2016: 5

The only year since 2010 that's even close to as strong as 2016 was 2011 when we? had 3 top 10 teams but nobody else in the top 25. I didn't go back any further than that cause I'm lazy.

Conclusion: The Pac always sucks, 2016 it sucked a little less.
    It was exceptionally poor this year. Record breaking, really.

4 teams won 2 or fewer conf games. there is not another season to compare that to.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Vegas here I come!!!!

The only year since 2010 that's even close to as strong as 2016 was 2011 when we? had 3 top 10 teams but nobody else in the top 25. I didn't go back any further than that cause I'm lazy.

4 teams won 2 or fewer conf games. theres not another season to compare that too.

I like to judge the strength of the conference by the quality of the bottom four teams, TWILTD.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Vegas here I come!!!!

4 teams won 2 or fewer conf games. theres not another season to compare that too.

I like to judge the strength of the conference by the quality of the bottom four teams, TWILTD.
    The historically bad bottom 25% of the league doesn't tell any of the story?

Yeah ok.

Happy new year btw.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

dnc said:

dnc said:

Vegas here I come!!!!

Yeah ok.

Happy new year btw.
    I didn't say it doesn't tell any of it, it certainly doesn't overcome two top 4 teams and 5 in the top 25.

The bottom of the league may have been the worst it's been in years (although 2008 says hi!). The league as a whole was not close to the worst it's been in years.

Happy Black History Month.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Vegas here I come!!!!

Yeah ok.

Happy new year btw.
    I didn't say it doesn't tell any of it, it certainly doesn't overcome two top 4 teams and 5 in the top 25.

The bottom of the league may have been the worst it's been in years (although 2008 says hi!). The league as a whole was not close to the worst it's been in years.

Happy Black History Month.
    It's not just the bottom. Only 6 teams qualified for a bowl game.

Find the last time that happened.

It was really, really dire last year. Even more than usual.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Has @MikeSeaver always struggled this badly or is it one bad posting year out of 15 good ones?

Fewest bowl teams in forever.
    25% of the league won 2 or less conf games for the first time in since forever

I can reel off the horrific bowl results if you'd like. Or revisit how the conference champ spent new years eve imitating an average sorority girl home on "winter" break.

Worst Pac 12 in a long LONG time.

It's all right there in the maths

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

Maybe. But he's an idiot that young, edgy black teenagers apparently want to play for. The question that remains is how does he use that talent?
    The only thing about Taggart that I don't like is getting rid of "Win The Day," it was a good motto and a good tradition for a school that doesn't have much in the way of tradition. He's also not shy about holding people accountable. How many programs would fire newly-hired assistants for a DUI?

Discipline went to hell under Helfrich. It wasn't Sark-at-USC bad, but it was close. So I feel like Taggart is doing a lot of things right and I'm thrilled with the Leavitt and Cristobal hires.

Taggart's teams seem to struggle in their first year, but he's definitely built them up. USF going from 2-10 to 10-2 is a good indicator of that. And he has much more in the way of talent and facilities to work with at Oregon than he's ever had. He needs at least a winning record this year to win my confidence. Double-digits would be nice. It's not like he doesn't have a great QB, a stable of RBs, and a strong receiving corps to build his offense. And Leavitt has been a miracle-worker on Defenses. Even a mediocre defense could put us? in contention for the league title. Watching developments in Eugene with great interest. LIFPO.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Has @MikeSeaver always struggled this badly or is it one bad posting year out of 15 good ones?

you can almost see the tears in his eyes when he posts
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

The only thing about Taggart that I don't like is getting rid of "Win The Day," it was a good motto and a good tradition for a school that doesn't have much in the way of tradition. He's also not shy about holding people accountable. How many programs would fire newly-hired assistants for a DUI?

Discipline went to hell under Helfrich. It wasn't Sark-at-USC bad, but it was close. So I feel like Taggart is doing a lot of things right and I'm thrilled with the Leavitt and Cristobal hires.

Taggart's teams seem to struggle in their first year, but he's definitely built them up. USF going from 2-10 to 10-2 is a good indicator of that. And he has much more in the way of talent and facilities to work with at Oregon than he's ever had. He needs at least a winning record this year to win my confidence. Double-digits would be nice. It's not like he doesn't have a great QB, a stable of RBs, and a strong receiving corps to build his offense. And Leavitt has been a miracle-worker on Defenses. Even a mediocre defense could put us? in contention for the league title. Watching developments in Eugene with great interest. LIFPO.
    Sounds like a molder of men to me.

The DUI thing is a nature of all the bad FREE PUB Oregon has been getting in recent years. Most schools today would have to do it and it comes from the bosses not the coach.

You administration hasn't forgotten the probation even though none of us give a shit.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

You think coming on here would make someone cry?

It's going to take a lot more than cutting and pasting Race Bannon's greatest hits to do that.

Maybe start by say, winning the Heart of Dallas Bowl again.

What an awful night (day?) that was in the Seaver household.

Pretty much killed Dad.

• Options

AZDuck said:

I'm LIPO. But there are about a half dozen red flags that scare me, none of which are DUI related.

-That he seems dedicated to running Chip Kelly's no-huddle zone read offense, but doesn't really have the guys who know the Xs and Os behind it.

- That he replaced Coach Rad, who has forgotten more about getting players ready to play at a fast pace than anyone else, with a new guy who seems hell-bent on developing big, dumb muscle, which is the complete opposite of what Chip Kelly wanted.

- That he's just a little bit too naive about how hard it is to flip 5-star West Coast kids away from USC and bring 5-star East Coast kids 2,000 miles away from home.

- That he's setting up excuses for a disappointing season and long rebuild already, when the team with a healthy Freeman and Crosby should be pretty good and could be really good if Jelks and Hollins figure out how to apply consistent pressure on the QB.

- The rumblings that Herbert may be to white of a QB for his taste, even though he's far and away the best QB to step on foot since some Hawaiian guy.

You guys should have just hired DDY. Swaye could be your strength coach.
  • Options
    I could see DDY purposefully recruiting Haener to spite us, despite our hard and fast rule of never, ever taking another QB from Jeff Lockie's high school. Pass.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

You think coming on here would make someone cry?

It's going to take a lot more than cutting and pasting Race Bannon's greatest hits to do that.

Maybe start by say, winning the Heart of Dallas Bowl again.

What an awful night (day?) that was in the Seaver household.

Pretty much killed Dad.

Ts and Ps

And Free Pub!