Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

One Thing You Have to Give Sark

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,002
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
in addition to being seriously dreamy: the man has learned what sticks in Seattle.

witness the "we played with them for 3 and 3/4s of the game" post game comment.

this does one really important, and obvious, thing - it buys him another pass because all the dumbshits will say, "we're really fucking close! We almost beat them with their best QB ever and we're playing with an average QB by UW standards."

that is as much anecdote as it is theory. just yesterday I was talking to two guys and they were, rightfully, marvelling at Mariotta. they were especially focused on how his mobility makes him a very hard guy to prepare for, and how "every time we had his receivers covered and were putting pressure on him, he'd just take off." the implication here, for doogs, is that (1) Mariottas come around once in a very long while, (2) [they said this], he'll be gone to the NFL soon, and (3) but for this once-in-a-lifetime player, we're really just as good as they are. of course, while he had some runs, he beat us throwing out of the fucking pocket and was comfortable all day fucking long.

this same line of garbage thinking is being played out on doogman rivalrly by the resident mensas Oregondawg and Krisvashon (well, she's just echoing in between one liners about class).

one of the guys I talked to yesterday, whom I don't know well, just stared at me clearly thinking, "I don't like this fucker," when I pointed out that, while Mariotta is very good, the real story of that game, which was over before it started, was the line of FUCKING SCRIMMAGE!

i'm telling you, his post-game gem of "3 and 3/4" worked like a fucking charm. he's really not as stupid as a lot of you think he is.

truth is, we lost 59 - 24 (being generous with our 24, because we had the benefit of some good calls/no calls).

truth is, if we're as good on both offensive and defensive line, though I'd still take MM over Price, you have a real ball game.

truth is, absent the Oregon team bus taking a wrong turn into Puget Sound, we lose 10 out of 10 against them even w/o Thomas.

Comments

• in addition to being seriously dreamy: the man has learned what sticks in Seattle.

this does one really important, and obvious, thing - it buys him another pass because all the dumbshits will say, "we're really fucking close! We almost beat them with their best QB ever and we're playing with an average QB by UW standards."

that is as much anecdote as it is theory. just yesterday I was talking to two guys and they were, rightfully, marvelling at Mariotta. they were especially focused on how his mobility makes him a very hard guy to prepare for, and how "every time we had his receivers covered and were putting pressure on him, he'd just take off." the implication here, for doogs, is that (1) Mariottas come around once in a very long while, (2) [they said this], he'll be gone to the NFL soon, and (3) but for this once-in-a-lifetime player, we're really just as good as they are. of course, while he had some runs, he beat us throwing out of the fucking pocket and was comfortable all day fucking long.

this same line of garbage thinking is being played out on doogman rivalrly by the resident mensas Oregondawg and Krisvashon (well, she's just echoing in between one liners about class).

one of the guys I talked to yesterday, whom I don't know well, just stared at me clearly thinking, "I don't like this fucker," when I pointed out that, while Mariotta is very good, the real story of that game, which was over before it started, was the line of FUCKING SCRIMMAGE!

i'm telling you, his post-game gem of "3 and 3/4" worked like a fucking charm. he's really not as stupid as a lot of you think he is.

truth is, we lost 59 - 24 (being generous with our 24, because we had the benefit of some good calls/no calls).

truth is, if we're as good on both offensive and defensive line, though I'd still take MM over Price, you have a real ball game.

truth is, absent the Oregon team bus taking a wrong turn into Puget Sound, we lose 10 out of 10 against them even w/o Thomas.

Brb, jo
  • Doogs always focus on skill guys and not the line.

Every year we'll beat Oregon because skill guy X is the best player on the field, enough said about that.

Every year Oregon plungers is because they dominate on both sides of the line.

Switch QB's and Oregon still wins in a plunger.

Doogs like to think its Price fault and Miled will be the savior. Until we get a HC who values line play we are fucked.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,002

Doogs always focus on skill guys and not the line.

Every year we'll beat Oregon because skill guy X is the best player on the field, enough said about that.

Doogs like to think its Price fault and Miled will be the savior. Until we get a HC who values line play we are fucked.

I left out the best part. They're convinced we beat them next year (going to be special) because of Miles. A first year year QB, down there ....

The comedy is worth the price of admission.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club
    Marriott is fine but all their qbs won the Heisman against us

Marriott is fine but all their qbs won the Heisman against us

You fucker !
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Doogs always focus on skill guys and not the line.

I left out the best part. They're convinced we beat them next year (going to be special) because of Miles. A first year year QB, down there ....

The comedy is worth the price of admission.
    These are Duck fans from 1995-2007. In 2008 we finally learned our lesson.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    witness the "we played with them for 3 and 3/4s of the game" post game comment

I didn't catch that comment, is Armenian math different? With 4 min to go it was 45-24.

Heck, at least Ty/Lockner had it tied up 31-31 at the start of the 4th in 2007.

witness the "we played with them for 3 and 3/4s of the game" post game comment

I didn't catch that comment, is Armenian math different? With 4 min to go it was 45-24.

Yes, Armenian math is different. It works better in Southern California.

• witness the "we played with them for 3 and 3/4s of the game" post game comment

I've been bringing that game up a lot this week because I keep hearing "Sark is close to beating them". I'm like Ty had them 31-31 heading into the 4th with a freshman QB.

He went 0-12 the following year.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Mariotta is Dennis Dixon without the injury. He will win the Heisman and be NCG MVP. Doogs will implode unless he gets hurt really soon.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    I would like to see a picture thread of Kim, Fatters, Eklund, Softy, etc. if Oregon won the NCG
  • Softy would talk tough. "Husky football needs to get serious now! This can't happen anymore!" Then when we challenge him on twitter to demand Sark is fired he'd block us.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    It doesn't really matter who their quarterback is as long as he has the necessary skills. Name a quarterback of theirs that's in the NFL since chimp took over as o.c. Maybe Dixon Is still backing up Rapelisberger. They're total system guys... who always destroy us. :-L
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    that system made darron thomas look good. Darron thomas is a scrub
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    dhdawg said:

that system made darron thomas look good. Darron thomas is a scrub

There system made Jeremiah pastasoli look good! Fuck!!!!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

aids?

I don't like Africa, but I support the AIDS.
  • DucksruleDucksrule Member Posts: 96

in addition to being seriously dreamy: the man has learned what sticks in Seattle.

I'm still struggling with their reasoning that the only reason UW lost is because of Mariotta. Oregon didn't get to 10 in a row with a guy that's only played 2 years.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Of course it's not the only reason. There were a thousand reasons. His performance and our lack of ability to stop it or match it is just the most obvious reason.
    Ducksrule said:

I'm still struggling with their reasoning that the only reason UW lost is because of Mariotta. Oregon didn't get to 10 in a row with a guy that's only played 2 years.