Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A couple of things

First of all --

Will you idiots drop all the Mora talk? It's pointless. It's almost but not quite as ridiculous as sark-to-usc. He's no sooner coming to coach at Washington that House Republicans are to pimp up Obamacare. Anyway, stop talking about hire-the-alum, which is an old trick that usually backfires (weis, neuheisel/ucla, wulff/wsu....et al).

Second, would Swaye bring back the gif with the girl in garters?

that is all

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    1) Mora has a little better resume than the people you listed, you think?

2) Swaye has also built quite the resume with his signatures. I say give him all the artistic creativity he needs.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    HR, YK

Mora ain't walking through that door.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

2) Swaye has also built quite the resume with his signatures. I say give him all the artistic creativity he needs.

Well, I don't like hire-the-alum. It usually gives people the feeling that because of the new coach is an alum something extra happens. I will grant you the occasional rare instance that it works, but most of the time it is a huge disappointment. Every year somebody tries this trick.

What Washington needs to do is interview a number of candidates drawn from a pool stressing up and coming talent. Everybody says "so and so coach is the new Don James." I heard Lambo, Gilby, and Coach Willingham were supposed to be the next Don James. If you want the next Don James, you aren't going to find a convenient alum nor are you going to find one as an assistant for the present national championship contenders. You are going to have to do some detective work and go out to the Kent States and find him.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070

concur on both points, particularly the latter. the Swaye is not to be disturbed. these high maintenance delicate genius types piss me off as much as they do everyone else, but the product is worth the process. repeat, the product is worth the process.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,131 Founders Club
    You don't not hire someone because they are an alum anymore than you hire them. Of course not everyone is for him. That's fine. But please look at the arguments for him and stop sounding like a retard. Its not 2007 anymore anyway.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Who cares about Mora. The most important point here is the aforementioned signatures. I haven't been here long but I already see he has fine taste in women.
  • We don't want Mora because he is an alumni. That is just a bonus. Nobody in here is suggesting Tui become our head coach.

It also doesn't have to be Mora but we'd like a coach who has Mora's qualities as that is what wins in college football.

If we hired Mora in December 2007 the "Duckade" doesn't happen and UW would have played in at least one BCS game by now if not more.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,379 Founders Club
  • JECARJECAR Member Posts: 585
    I don't like her because she's got poor trigger discipline.
  • DucksruleDucksrule Member Posts: 98
    JECAR said:

Geezus. I had no idea what your "trigger" reference meant. I stared at the pic for 5 minutes before I saw the guns.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Ducksrule said:

JECAR said:

Geezus. I had no idea what your "trigger" reference meant. I stared at the pic for 5 minutes before I saw the guns.

a low tweak of CFetters_Nacho_Lover I believe
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I want to see Emptamann roaming the sidelines so the young players know what it is like to be a REAL HUSKY
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504

I want to see Emptamann roaming the sidelines so the young players know what it is like to be a REAL HUSKY

I can see that now: