Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    LOL.

UW is constantly reloading that 7-6 bullet in the chamber.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    I miss the "old" ESPN blog comments.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I would like to hear the excuse machine when it comes to his weight.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Must be running low on shower gel too.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

I would rather hear the excuse machine when it comes to his talent evaluation.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I think that the rot from Roof and FFF has had more of an impact on UW football that most think. They've helped to maintain the perception that UW has recruited well and met needs when in fact their homerism has obscured significant personnel problems. UO fans like to joke about F3 and the "King County All Stars," but when you look at the overrating Fetters regularly gives to PNW recruits considering Washington, which goes into the Scout database, which Rivals and ESPN have to look at, its a problem.

The question is are Sark and company smart enough to keep their own boards without being impacted by what the services are saying? I think the best coaches have someone look at the recruiting/teenboystalking websites (like a GA), but largely do their own evaluations. I've heard that some programs actually pay attention to what the recruitniks think. That strikes me as a huge mistake - someone like Fetters who (to my knowledge) has never played a down of competitive football is not going to really understand how to identify talent. Talent in the PNW is also magnified by the lack of serious competition - this problem is worse in Oregon than Washington, but present in both PNW states.

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Baird also brought it up after the plungering
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    looks like someone brought in the comment thread... pretty funny
    Of course the fags ($75k) at Doogman used that thread to bury Price.

They deserve 0-13 next year without Price.

Of course the fags ($75k) at Doogman used that thread to bury Price.

They deserve 0-13 next year without Price.

Even if we go 0-13 you can't possibly expect much from a team with a QB starting for his first year.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    AZDuck said:

I think that the rot from Roof and FFF has had more of an impact on UW football that most think. They've helped to maintain the perception that UW has recruited well and met needs when in fact their homerism has obscured significant personnel problems. UO fans like to joke about F3 and the "King County All Stars," but when you look at the overrating Fetters regularly gives to PNW recruits considering Washington, which goes into the Scout database, which Rivals and ESPN have to look at, its a problem.

The question is are Sark and company smart enough to keep their own boards without being impacted by what the services are saying? I think the best coaches have someone look at the recruiting/teenboystalking websites (like a GA), but largely do their own evaluations. I've heard that some programs actually pay attention to what the recruitniks think. That strikes me as a huge mistake - someone like Fetters who (to my knowledge) has never played a down of competitive football is not going to really understand how to identify talent. Talent in the PNW is also magnified by the lack of serious competition - this problem is worse in Oregon than Washington, but present in both PNW states.

I'm pretty sure FattersFS doesn't get to rate players. Not even Fox is that stupid. I'm sure he gives input or whatever, but the big dogs at scout (figuratively, of course) dole out the stars.

My guess is one of 2 responses

"How were we suppose to know?"

or

"You only point out when we are wrong but when we are right no one says anything..."
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Ummmmm..... reasons are not excuses.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686

Ummmmm..... reasons are not excuses.

With F cubed, the terms are interchangeable.

• loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Hey the doogs think the Wideload from Whitman is a regular Hemingway.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    Remember when 2013 was "being held up as a watershed year?" That was awesome.
  • I would like to hear the excuse machine when it comes to his weight.

My guess is one of 2 responses

"How were we suppose to know?"

or

"You only point out when we are wrong but when we are right no one says anything..."
    Huh?