Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Message from a soon-to-be former Hardcore Poster.

Just received this message from a guy (who shall remain anonymous) that I've interacted with over the years on DM and HH: "Just a quick personal note to say thanks for your perspectives on UW football over the years. I haven't always agreed with you, but I've appreciated your passion for the program. I had hoped this site would be a place to have fun discussing football, but even the few promising threads ultimately devolve into insults and name calling. While I certainly don't always agree with Kim, after hanging out here for a while, he has a point: some of the shtick gets old after a while. The older I get, the more I judge activities by whether I enjoy them, and I simply don't enjoy having my intelligence questioned by a bunch of internet idiots. Perhaps I will catch you in the future at another site somewhere between DM and HH. Anyway, carry on the good fight and feel free to drop an email if you want to discuss Dawgs."

The guy that sent me this note is NO fan of kim or any of the other jerks over at DM.

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this website has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM. The problem is that a few folks on here insist on turning threads into name-calling and 8th-grade-level cursing contests, or just an opportunity to 'zing' other people.

I'll be the first to say that at times I've been guilty of that BS as well.

I guess my only suggestion is that some folks should decide if they want this to become the website that ALL OF US have described at one time or another - a place of INTELLIGENT analysis where INTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome - or do we want HH to be just a place of one-liners, biting insults, and contests to tear down others. I realize that it's often both, but I tend to agree with this guy that it tilts a little too much toward the latter.

Just a thought. Peace. Now fire away.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Don't let the door hit this Guy in the cunt on his way back to kimman.com
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Just received this message from a guy (who shall remain anonymous) that I've interacted with over the years on DM and HH: "Just a quick personal note to say thanks for your perspectives on UW football over the years. I haven't always agreed with you, but I've appreciated your passion for the program. I had hoped this site would be a place to have fun discussing football, but even the few promising threads ultimately devolve into insults and name calling. While I certainly don't always agree with Kim, after hanging out here for a while, he has a point: some of the shtick gets old after a while. The older I get, the more I judge activities by whether I enjoy them, and I simply don't enjoy having my intelligence questioned by a bunch of internet idiots. Perhaps I will catch you in the future at another site somewhere between DM and HH. Anyway, carry on the good fight and feel free to drop an email if you want to discuss Dawgs."

The guy that sent me this note is NO fan of kim or any of the other jerks over at DM.

Look, I'm not going to advocate for people to be censored (like the d-bags that ruined DM), nor am I going to lecture anybody. I will only say that this website has the opportunity to become a REAL and UNFILTERED alternative to DM. The problem is that a few folks on here insist on turning threads into name-calling and 8th-grade-level cursing contests, or just an opportunity to 'zing' other people.

I guess my only suggestion is that some folks should decide if they want this to become the website that ALL OF US have described at one time or another - a place of INTELLIGENT analysis where INTENSE criticism and UNSCRIPTED opinion is welcome - or do we want HH to be just a place of one-liners, biting insults, and contests to tear down others. I realize that it's often both, but I tend to agree with this guy that it tilts a little too much toward the latter.

• Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Well thoought out poast. I would like to add I think one of the biggest problems is people really do take the internet too seriously. If someone tells your to DIAF on a message board do you really give a shit? Why? It is something that is so stupid to say I don't understand why someone would take offense to it. If anything the person saying it looks stupid and thats the joke.

As far as football discussion goes I find it hard to generate a bunch of it since we still have the same brand of mediocre football we did 3 years ago after the first 7-6. We beat up scrubs, lose to elite programs, pinch out one surprise victory every year, shit the bed against a team we should have killed, suck on the road, and end up 7-6.

Sark hasn't done anything to show us things really are looking up to where talking X's and O's is fun again. If the Huskies were really a top 10 team this year I would think this place would be much more active with overall football discussion. However, there are only so many times you can say Bishop Sankey is elite, Keith Price is undervalued, and our defense is better than it use to be but still just ok.

tl;dr kick off your shoes, relax, and try and have some fun poasting. If you can't stand what someone posts then ignore them. The internet can be a lot of fun if you learn how to seperate it from real life.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

lol, bitch.

My unvarnished overrall response to this thread is as follows (and it is actually for real, without too many jokes and stuff, which is hard for me to):

I do see a bit of what some folks are saying, and I say that as one of the chief bombthrowers, smartasses, and sexists on here. It can get a bit over the top around here. And, it is certainly monotonous. Some of these jokes have been used about Avogadro's number of times, that's right, one mole of times for you Chem nerds. So yeah, I get it. I don't really know how to change it, and I am still not sure it should change, but I can see that some would find it tiresome and old.

The counterpoint to these items is as follows:

If you don't like scantily clad women, well, this isn't the site for you. I mean, it's not like DJ let's full blown nudity on here. These are basically bikini shots - and in most cases, no more slutty/seductive than the yearly SI swimsuit issue, or a 30 minute Victoria Secret infomercial on basic cable - not sure what that says about society now, but it is the truth. In fact, my last .gif with the girl rolling over...she actually has MORE on than some of the SI girls - and I REALLY did receive a couple of complaints about it, and some other just funny PM's. So yeah, if you find that offensive, don't turn on your TV, never get on the internet, and don't look at Sears circulars in the Sunday Paper (bra ads ftw).

Cursing. Um, see above. It's the internet.

Inside jokes. Well, this one is tricky. I have been trading these jokes for 5 or so years now from just before HHBV1 to now. Some of these guys go back quite a bit farther than that (like old old Freebird days). I hate to take a "it is what it is" stance, but it sort of is. When the same 10-12 people, who all LOVE UW Football, have been trading jokes for 5-10 years, this is what you get. I will grant you, it isn't inclusive feeling to new members, but shit man, I have personally seen 5-10 new members spend about a month on here, and not only get used to it, but embrace it. Like the "New Members Post" says, lurk a bit, and you will get it. If you just don't like it, as opposed to not understanding it, I don't know what to say. Perhaps it should be toned down a bit, who am I to say, but I doubt it will.

Blasting people and callinghem ignorant. I am just going to assume that Aubbie sent Passion the PM. I probably blasted him more than anyone in that thread. Totally over the top, and I am fine with it to be perfectly honest. I like Aubs fine, but the fact is he really does move goalposts, make excuses, and generally Doog it up, all after saying he was drawing a line in the sand. It's a joke. And, after just watching our 10th dismantling in a row, I had had it with that crap. I know others must have felt the same. I really do believe that fans like him (and far far worse than him) are what allowed Husky Football to fall to this low ebb. So, not going to apologize. At the same time, it isn't like I would try to kick his ass at the Aurora 7-11 if I ever met him. I would probably give him some shit for his opinions, but not in some hardcore way. If you can't take someone calling you an asshole after that game, then grow thicker skin. I have been called much worse in PM's from the Doog Nation on Doogfarm. I have yet to lose one second of sleep over it. Nor did I run away from it, I got banned instead. People need to learn the difference.

Has anyone here ever really read Tiger Droppings or Shaggy Bevo? It is just as over the top there as here. Tons of half nude .gif's, retard jokes, inside jokes, hoping Coaching staffs get run over by semi's, misogynistic picture threads, etc. That is what makes them fun. But, these kind of sites aren't for everyone. I don't suppose girls would like them (who cares), or dudes who might as well be girls, or any Sounders fan. But, if you have some hair on your balls, and roll with stuff a little bit, I think this place can be fun, for almost anyone (as long as you aren't BleenorFS). PostGameOrange and I downvote each other all the time, and flip shit, and then in the next thread we are man crushing all over each other with 22 upvotes in a row. Who gives a shit.

So, in the words of every great HS Football Coach in the world, "rub some dirt on it pussy, and get back in the game."

Negativity. This board goes as UW Football goes, and when it is the 12th year in a row with no chance at a Rose Bowl, in mid-October, well you can figure the rest out. DJ said my thoughts here much more eloquently above anyway.

The one area I can really see me agreeing, to an extent, is in the lack of football discussion at times. I myself should probably talk 20 percent more football, and 20 percent less one liners. This area is also sort of influenced by the negativity discussion above. How many times can we discuss Mariota running all over us, and Keith price running for his life? Two or three threads about our total lack of pass rush, and that topic is pretty well dead. I am pretty sure we don't even have a band anymore, so not much to talk about there. Etc.

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I still come here. Ya gotta take the good with the bad sometimes. I get tired with all that "he gone" and "leave!" Shit.

Funny for the first 253 tInes.

Some people are funny and creative but too many parrot and leech.

But I would be remiss and not say "fuck you"! I feel better now...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Good luck, Passion

If said poster did post this, you and I both know not only what the responses would be but also who they would be from.

The acronyms and inside jokes (the ones I actually know) can be funny as hell at the right moments but this board falls into some trends where that's all you read and to the unfamiliar types, I'm not sure there's much reason why they'd actively participate on this board.

Many people dog on the Passions and the Steve Bowman's of this board. I personally found their POVs on Dawgman and on this site great but even when they provide their thoughts, they are ridiculed at every opportunity. Like him or not, Passion has always been a great poster on all things Husky football.

If said poster revealed himself, I think it would be great because I pretty much agree with everything he wrote to Passion.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Nothing changed with me. Just got call from FRANNY 5 minutes ago and told me I was to show up in Maltby. If dad has stuff to do have him leave with you. I'll have Anna take me and Dad can leave with you. I would prefer u and dad leave together. I'll ask Anna. Shouldn't be a problem. If she can't I'll let you know.

For those of you who wonder why puppylove_sugarsteel is a valued member of this site, just remember this post.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Nothing changed with me. Just got call from FRANNY 5 minutes ago and told me I was to show up in Maltby. If dad has stuff to do have him leave with you. I'll have Anna take me and Dad can leave with you. I would prefer u and dad leave together. I'll ask Anna. Shouldn't be a problem. If she can't I'll let you know.

For those of you who wonder why @puppylove_sugarsteel (RIP) was a valued member of this site, just remember this post.
    Minor edit
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

For those of you who wonder why puppylove_sugarsteel is a valued member of this site, just remember this post.
    Fucking El.Oh. El'd.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

For those of you who wonder why @puppylove_sugarsteel (RIP) was a valued member of this site, just remember this post.
    Minor edit
    The crud won?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Fucking El.Oh. El'd.

Minor edit
    The crud won?
    This site is fantastic, the lack of moderation a breath of fresh air after seeing Dawgman drown and die in it.

That being said, the site is way too circle jerkish/inside jokeish to ever get mainstream IMO. I still don't know what 80% of the references mean. Nor care.

I'm just grateful there are still lots of Husky fans out there who aren't completely off the deep end, so thank allah for this site.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017
    Please don't shit where I eat.

I've only been here a minute but it's clear this site is an internet gem. Seems like if your doing more than reading a thread grab an oar and add to general direction.

If not, head over to douchecanoe and bust your nut. There's plenty of conspiracy theory, alternate facts and non thread related content over there.

I love the tavern.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Damn, GrundleStiltzkin lengths of replies would make @Tequilla proud.