Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sun Devil Take on UW/Sark

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
This guy seems kinda with it:
UW had Locker that year and has been the trend under Sark, seriously underperformed. Sark gets a lot of credit for being what I consider to be very average. His teams usually start of strong, have one upset in Seattle and play .500 ball the rest of the way. Hopefully the trend will continue.
http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=43&f=1679&t=12148929

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Does this guy have any interest in being the AD at uw?
  • Jesus that thread brought back memories of one the 3 games we blew in 2009. Nick Holt's "Tripper Johnson" set on that pass totally fucked us.

Combined with Sark's terrible clock management. Third and 1 he throws a bomb so ASU gets the ball again despite them having no timeouts I believe. Run with Polk, get a first down, then ASU never has the ball again.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,379 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

UW had Locker that year and has been the trend under Sark, seriously underperformed. Sark gets a lot of credit for being what I consider to be very average. His teams usually start of strong, have one upset in Seattle and play .500 ball the rest of the way. Hopefully the trend will continue.

I'm pretty sure it is some kind of Iron Law that other fanbases more accurately judge Sark's abilities (LOL) than our own.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

I'm pretty sure it is some kind of Iron Law that other fanbases more accurately judge Sark's abilities (LOL) than our own.

No doubt all the other PAC-12 coaches just love the media attention given to Sark. High praise for mediocrity. They must love it since they know Sark won't be fired. Husky opponents don't want a real head coach at WA. It is enough, there is a shiny new stadium in Seattle.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    edited October 2013

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

No doubt all the other PAC-12 coaches just love the media attention given to Sark. High praise for mediocrity. They must love it since they know Sark won't be fired. Husky opponents don't want a real head coach at WA. It is enough, there is a shiny new stadium in Seattle.

You are absolutely right. I have not and will never root for a 0-12 season with Sark at the helm. I will root for the bare minimum it takes for Sark to keep his job. This year, judging by the administration, 8 wins will probably do it. There is just no way they keep him with another 7-6. I am rooting for 8-5, 9-4 next season and every season there after.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

You are absolutely right. I have not and will never root for a 0-12 season with Sark at the helm. I will root for the bare minimum it takes for Sark to keep his job. This year, judging by the administration, 8 wins will probably do it. There is just no way they keep him with another 7-6. I am rooting for 8-5, 9-4 next season and every season there after.
    Mike Belotti?

What pisses me off is how people say Oregon built their program with money. Truth is, 95% of their current success is attributable to the decision to push out MB and promote Chip.

That's right, and he went 13 years before shown the door. I think every one here knows they keep Sark just as long if he follows Belotti's method. Right now the fear of 0-12 is still strong on the administration. They know they'll fill the stands at 9-4 every year, and you all do too. That will be the "Marinerization" of Husky football. They won't be as bad as the Mariners, but the fans will be as equally acceptable of it.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Mike Belotti?

What pisses me off is how people say Oregon built their program with money. Truth is, 95% of their current success is attributable to the decision to push out MB and promote Chip.
    That's right, and he went 13 years before shown the door. I think every one here knows they keep Sark just as long if he follows Belotti's method. Right now the fear of 0-12 is still strong on the administration. They know they'll fill the stands at 9-4 every year, and you all do too. That will be the "Marinerization" of Husky football. They won't be as bad as the Mariners, but the fans will be as equally acceptable of it.

Marinerization started LONG before 0-12.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Sark is an opportunist. He's not going to hang around to let his ego be deflated in public. He has enough talent to get to 9 wins this year. I only see Sankey leaving early and the schedule next year is much easier. I think Sark will try to leave after next year when his public stock will be at its highest.

Sark is an opportunist. He's not going to hang around to let his ego be deflated in public. He has enough talent to get to 9 wins this year. I only see Sankey leaving early and there is an extra free OOC win on the schedule next year is much easier. I think Sark will try to leave after next year when his public stock will be at its highest.

I think the conference schedule is harder next year. Five road games and no free wins at home as opposed to three free wins at home this year.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Mike Belotti?

Marinerization started LONG before 0-12.

Is it too late to bury the bitch hatchet?

• section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Mike Belotti?

That's right, and he went 13 years before shown the door. I think every one here knows they keep Sark just as long if he follows Belotti's method. Right now the fear of 0-12 is still strong on the administration. They know they'll fill the stands at 7-6 every year, and you all do too. That will be the "Marinerization" of Husky football. They won't be as bad as the Mariners, but the fans will be as equally acceptable of it.

Slight correction, can't expect 9 wins only 38 years removed from 0-12
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Sark is an opportunist. He's not going to hang around to let his ego be deflated in public. He has enough talent to get to 9 wins this year. I only see Sankey leaving early and there is an extra free OOC win on the schedule next year is much easier. I think Sark will try to leave after next year when his public stock will be at its highest.

I think the conference schedule is harder next year. Five road games and no free wins at home as opposed to three free wins at home this year.
    Oregon, Arizona, Cal, Colorado, and WSU. That's a pretty fucking easy road conference schedule. Other than Oregon, those teams are bottom of the Pac teams. Add that to the non conference schedule and next year sets up very nicely for Sark to win 9 games (A REAL COACH WINS 11 or 12).

Oregon, Arizona, Cal, Colorado, and WSU. That's a pretty fucking easy road conference schedule. Other than Oregon, those teams are bottom of the Pac teams. Add that to the non conference schedule and next year sets up very nicely for Sark to win 9 games (A REAL COACH WINS 11 or 12).

A REAL coach goes 4-1 against that schedule. Sark probably goes 1-4.