Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When you've lost Dick Cheney

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

It's not a Muslim ban but still

It's only Muslim countries Obama chose in two previous executive orders, but it's totally not a Muslim ban.
    Alternative facts.
  • getoffmylawngetoffmylawn Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

Everyone with half a fucking brain knows that Trump is an absolute FUCKING DISASTER as POTUS.

So what does that say about those who have a whole/complete brain?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You have to ask yourself why muslim countries don't take muslim refugees. Then you'll have the answer to why we shouldn't.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Let's keep calling it a Muslim ban so that everyone keeps thinking that all Muslims are banned, even though there's literally a billion Muslims in the world who would still be eligible to come here. Effective communication is not as important as making Trump look bad.

Honestly, I don't see how we are going to survive for 90 whole days if we don't let people from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen into the US. I mean, those countries are where the world's brightest and most upstanding people live.

Not that it should matter but the brightest and most upstanding people from those countries want to come to the US and have been coming to the US for decades as engineers, scientists, etc. Already numerous students and PhDs have been turned away due to this order.

Have you really never heard of the concept of brain drain?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AlCzervik said:

Sledog said:

You have to ask yourself why muslim countries don't take muslim refugees. Then you'll have the answer to why we shouldn't.

The largest recipients of Syrian refugees are Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, and Egypt.

The Saudis on the other hand, don't do shit. Maybe that's what you meant.
    That dumb cunt doesn't even know what he meant. He just says shit - stupid shit - all the time.

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Let's keep calling it a Muslim ban so that everyone keeps thinking that all Muslims are banned, even though there's literally a billion Muslims in the world who would still be eligible to come here. Effective communication is not as important as making Trump look bad.

Honestly, I don't see how we are going to survive for 90 whole days if we don't let people from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen into the US. I mean, those countries are where the world's brightest and most upstanding people live.

Not that it should matter but the brightest and most upstanding people from those countries want to come to the US and have been coming to the US for decades as engineers, scientists, etc. Already numerous students and PhDs have been turned away due to this order.

I'm actually well aware of this, but it slipped me when I made that post. In my defense, I wrote that at 3AM on 0 hours of sleep.

I really don't know what to think about this other than I find it misleading to call it a Muslim Ban.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I'm actually well aware of this, but it slipped me when I made that post. In my defense, I wrote that at 3AM on 0 hours of sleep.

I really don't know what to think about this other than I find it misleading to call it a Muslim Ban.
    That is fair. I will put the gloves back on.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017

Not that it should matter but the brightest and most upstanding people from those countries want to come to the US and have been coming to the US for decades as CONVENIENCE STORE WORKERS AND TERRORISTS
    fixed to reflect reality

I guess a lot of them protest now too

Move to Michigan if you like them so much, they have a huge presence in some cities there
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

EwaDawg said:

Everyone with half a fucking brain knows that Trump is an absolute FUCKING DISASTER as POTUS.

Agreed. Those with a full brain, however, see a method to his madness. Boom! Gotcha! Elbow from the Sky!
    In all seriousness, Trump is serving up a feast for his critics.
    Since when has Trump given a shit about critics.

Trump is fulfilling his campaign promises that got him elected to the White House.

Even 53% of White women approve.

I didn't vote for him but Doomocrats should just LIPO and burn their pussy hats should they need to vent somehow.
    AlCzervik said:

Awesome. Let's just suspend the Constitution for several months because you don't think it's a big deal.
    File suit if you think its unconstitutional.

Or just continue to bleed from your cervix.

Or abundance.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

EwaDawg said:

Agreed. Those with a full brain, however, see a method to his madness. Boom! Gotcha! Elbow from the Sky!
    In all seriousness, Trump is serving up a feast for his critics.
    Since when has Trump given a shit about critics.

Trump is fulfilling his campaign promises that got him elected to the White House.

Even 53% of White women approve.

I didn't vote for him but Doomocrats should just LIPO and burn their pussy hats should they need to vent somehow.
    Agree with most of this, but people are free to complain.

For now.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    salemcoog said:

AlCzervik said:

Awesome. Let's just suspend the Constitution for several months because you don't think it's a big deal.

Or abundance.
    I'm waiting for my unemployment check to pay my attorney
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

AlCzervik said:

Or abundance.
    The ACLU already did.

And they won.

salemcoog said:

AlCzervik said:

Or abundance.
    The ACLU already did.

And they won.
    Is it over?
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    salemcoog said:

AlCzervik said:

Or abundance.
    You don't even know how to come at me. Are you twelve?

tenndawg said:

Not that it should matter but the brightest and most upstanding people from those countries want to come to the US and have been coming to the US for decades as CONVENIENCE STORE WORKERS AND TERRORISTS
    fixed to reflect reality

Move to Michigan if you like them so much, they have a huge presence in some cities there
    There are tens of thousands of muslims from the banned countries in the US as students and in employment with advanced degrees. Zero terrorists to date.

Yes also many people come here for a better life and start near the bottom as clerks or cabbies. Since when is that a bad thing? These people used to be stalwart Republicans believing in small government and low taxes. Until an entire religion and multiple cultures were demonized for the actions of a few radicals.

Just a clue to the bigger picture you are missing- normal moderate Muslims are the most important group to have on our side. Nearly 1/3 of people in the world are Muslim. You aren't going to eradicate a religion of that size. Just spitballing here but a better strategy might be to make sure the moderate Muslims win their culture war.
    Drop the mike. Close this thread.

tenndawg said:

fixed to reflect reality

There are tens of thousands of muslims from the banned countries in the US as students and in employment with advanced degrees. Zero terrorists to date.

Yes also many people come here for a better life and start near the bottom as clerks or cabbies. Since when is that a bad thing? These people used to be stalwart Republicans believing in small government and low taxes. Until an entire religion and multiple cultures were demonized for the actions of a few radicals.

Just a clue to the bigger picture you are missing- normal moderate Muslims are the most important group to have on our side. Nearly 1/3 of people in the world are Muslim. You aren't going to eradicate a religion of that size. Just spitballing here but a better strategy might be to make sure the moderate Muslims win their culture war.
    It's been almost 40 years since Radical Islam has had its way.

It's already been played. Moderate Muslims aren't winning.