Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Texas Tech defensive (lol) tackle visiting?

13»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

Pete Kwiatkowski knows what he's doing. If he offers this kid, it tells me that he can develop him. Good enough for me.

That's why I love Ali Gaye so much. I know a guy like that will develop into a monster because literally every DL that has played since Petersen came has been good or at least greatly improved. He has the size and tools and will get the coaching.

Mediocre to worthless guys like Andrew Hudson, Tupou, Turpin developed. Turpin actually played well and made an impact against Alabama.

Vea went from being a guy with talent but mediocre as a R-FR to being a monster.

Our front 7 next year is going to be scary good. We need a young guy at Buck to develop, which is likely. There is nothing better for a young secondary than a front 7 like ours.
    Benning or Amandre.
    Benning is going to make a huge jump next year, the criticism of him this year was dumb. Amandre is super talented too, he'll flash this year for us.
    You like Benning at Buck? I personally think he should put on 10-15 and play DL. He was decent this year. He just looks kind of stiff to me.
    He looks very quick for his size. It just he does not have any pass rush moves. Hopefully, he is able to improving his hands/technique which should help his pass rush.
    The pass rush moves is the issue for me. He can hold the edge and he looks great when he isn't blocked but I didn't see him beating many blocks. That's why I like Tevis better. He avoids getting blocked. Potoa'e would engage them and played patty cake too often.
    That is a fair assessment of him now. But I feel all the issues you mention are fixable through coaching. From a physical point of view he a has it all, i just think he needs more reps and time to put it together. He got better as the year went on. I just hope they don't take away reps from him so that they can play potato.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    You could see as the year went on, that I t started to click for Benning. He stopped playing like he was at Lakes High School and started to play like a good college player - using football skill instead of just trying to overpowere and run around everybody