Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Texas Tech defensive (lol) tackle visiting?

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

Pete Kwiatkowski knows what he's doing. If he offers this kid, it tells me that he can develop him. Good enough for me.

That's why I love Ali Gaye so much. I know a guy like that will develop into a monster because literally every DL that has played since Petersen came has been good or at least greatly improved. He has the size and tools and will get the coaching.

Mediocre to worthless guys like Andrew Hudson, Tupou, Turpin developed. Turpin actually played well and made an impact against Alabama.

Vea went from being a guy with talent but mediocre as a R-FR to being a monster.

Our front 7 next year is going to be scary good. We need a young guy at Buck to develop, which is likely. There is nothing better for a young secondary than a front 7 like ours.
    Benning or Amandre.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Question to all.

So does Kawasaki/Ikaika coach the BUCK position and Gregory coaches the SAM position?
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Thump said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

Word going around that Braden Fehoko will visit UW.

I don't fault the kid for not being inspired by a HC who is even Sarkier than Sark

Don't expect him to end up at UW. If he visits it's probably just for leverage. He's probably worth $20k- $25k - a lot for a guy that likely sits behind Gaines and Vea.
    I know you are being sarkastic but he's a 2018 kid
    Exactly. That's why I can't see him coming here. He's going to get paid.
    I'm slow. Mind explaining how he will get paid? Doesn't he have to sit out a year everywhere?

Are we talking a coffee cup stashed with cash kind of payment?
    Read these and pm me in the morning (skip the pm)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/7/29/5950019/bo-pelini-clueless-parent-damoreea-stringfellow

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/6/20/5826906/nebraska-huskers-football-damoreea-stringfellow-ole-miss-peace-out-homie
    All those articles did was make me wish we had Stringfellow on our roster when we played Bama.

I think our other guys were too small.
  • Options

Question to all.

So does Kawasaki/Ikaika coach the BUCK position and Gregory coaches the SAM position?

Kawasaki is Buck/Sam, malloe DT (we really don't have true DE) Gregory is MIK and WIL
    Thanks!

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

Pete Kwiatkowski knows what he's doing. If he offers this kid, it tells me that he can develop him. Good enough for me.

That's why I love Ali Gaye so much. I know a guy like that will develop into a monster because literally every DL that has played since Petersen came has been good or at least greatly improved. He has the size and tools and will get the coaching.

Mediocre to worthless guys like Andrew Hudson, Tupou, Turpin developed. Turpin actually played well and made an impact against Alabama.

Vea went from being a guy with talent but mediocre as a R-FR to being a monster.

Our front 7 next year is going to be scary good. We need a young guy at Buck to develop, which is likely. There is nothing better for a young secondary than a front 7 like ours.
    Benning or Amandre.
    Benning is going to make a huge jump next year, the criticism of him this year was dumb. Amandre is super talented too, he'll flash this year for us.
    I am interested in Warren and Rice. Those 2 guys look fucking huge. Does Warren play SAM?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Question to all.

Kawasaki is Buck/Sam, malloe DT (we really don't have true DE) Gregory is MIK and WIL
    Thanks!

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

Benning or Amandre.
    Benning is going to make a huge jump next year, the criticism of him this year was dumb. Amandre is super talented too, he'll flash this year for us.
    I am interested in Warren and Rice. Those 2 guys look fucking huge. Does Warren play SAM?
    Warren came in late when we were curb stomping Oregon and was at BUCK. So I assume he'll be there going forward.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If i was him id take that olemiss money. But dont sign the forms. Come to uw nyway. Get + get to play for good coaches. Its not like ole miss can report him to anyone with out fucking themselves
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

Benning or Amandre.
    You like Benning at Buck? I personally think he should put on 10-15 and play DL. He was decent this year. He just looks kind of stiff to me.
    Yup, a lot. He flashed his athleticism a few times every game when he played. And is fucking stout on the edge. He's a beauty at Buck.
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

Benning or Amandre.
    You like Benning at Buck? I personally think he should put on 10-15 and play DL. He was decent this year. He just looks kind of stiff to me.
    He looks very quick for his size. It just he does not have any pass rush moves. Hopefully, he is able to improving his hands/technique which should help his pass rush.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bread said:

If i was him id take that olemiss money. But dont sign the forms. Come to uw nyway. Get + get to play for good coaches. Its not like ole miss can report him to anyone with out fucking themselves

I guess they could hire an assassin but that seems unlikely
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2017

Question to all.

Kawasaki coaches the entire DL (although Malloe is technically the position coach). Make no mistake, he was a standout DL at Boise state. He has a hand in everything.
  • Options
    Passion said:

Question to all.

Kawasaki coaches the entire DL (although Malloe is technically the position coach). Make no mistake, he was a standout DL at Boise state. He has a hand in everything.
    Kwat coaches our Buck/Sam spots.
  • Options

Really though who is excited not to see psalm out there

Addition by subtraction. Fuck, he drove a lot of people crazy with his missed assignments.
  • Options
    RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Really though who is excited not to see psalm out there

Addition by subtraction. Fuck, he drove a lot of people crazy with his missed assignments.
    I will not miss those hawiaan tomahawk or whatever the fuck it was he did. Also who takes over putting warpaint on before every game
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'll miss Psalm more for being able to hate him. He wasn't as bad as Mickens though.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

Benning or Amandre.
    Yup, a lot. He flashed his athleticism a few times every game when he played. And is fucking stout on the edge. He's a beauty at Buck.
    Benning's biggest problem was his consistency ... which got a lot better as the year went on. As you said, when he flashed it was a "wow" moment that defines "rare human."

Young players in general struggle with consistency and fundamentals ... the mistakes they make are what shows on film and what good coaches point out and coach the fuck out of.

Benning SHOULD be a monster starting in the 2017 season ...