Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

kirkland visiting UW today

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Who?

Some kid excellent talent evaluator Adrian Klemm thought was worth a scholly
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I haven't actually seen this kid's tape but I heard he really looked good this year. Absolutely destroyed Pili in their game. He has the Eric Kohler thing going on where you see a picture if him and think, "how could that kid be a good football player?"
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    My guess is that Kirkland ends up at UW and Ford playing DL at Utah.

Hope UW gets that DT from Hawaii who has also had a good senior year.

Or, Fehoko from Texas Tech could RS and then be ready to play in 2018 after Vea and Gaines are gone. I don't see Gaines sticking around for his RS-SR year.

Ricky McCoy will be a RS-Soph next year and Marlon T flipping has screwed up our NT / DT depth since there isn't anyone else on the roster capable of playing NT (walk-on John Clark is only 284 lbs and will be a RS-Soph next year).
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Actually Kirkland may be visiting UCLA this weekend so he might stick with UCLA.

I don't see Kirkland being a miss because he committed to UCLA pretty darn early and to uber-recruiter Klemm (was he fired for shady recruiting or not being a good coach?).

I'm not willing to say Strausser sucks or should be fired, at least yet. The OL has gotten better every year under him and Nick Harris starting at RG as a true frosh is more of an indictment of the previous staff's recruiting (Brostek and Andrew Kirkland weren't able to keep him on the bench redshirting).
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    guntlove said:

Last minute offers to plan D offensive line recruits is always special. Fucking Strausser couldn't sell nachos to Fetters.

Our OL depth is a steaming pile of monkey shit, and we are one Adams or McGary injury away from being seriously fucked.

If the staff really thought highly of this kid, who's an instate legacy recruit for fucks sake, they would've offered a very long time ago. This smacks of desperation, because we've swung and missed on just about everyone else.

I look at our OL roster and there is so much useless dreck... Burleson, Hilbers, Center, Turner, James, Sosebbbeeee, Kirkland, Ossai. And to add supplement this group of fucksticks we've signed a total of four OL recruits over the last two years?

You can't expect to compete for a playoff spot in the years ahead with this kind of shitty depth and lack of high-end talent... for what is arguably the most important position on the goddmaned team.

OL recruiting has been less that stellar. I think we are 2/15 for OL recruiting.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

Actually Kirkland may be visiting UCLA this weekend so he might stick with UCLA.

I don't see Kirkland being a miss because he committed to UCLA pretty darn early and to uber-recruiter Klemm (was he fired for shady recruiting or not being a good coach?).

I'm not willing to say Strausser sucks or should be fired, at least yet. The OL has gotten better every year under him and Nick Harris starting at RG as a true frosh is more of an indictment of the previous staff's recruiting (Brostek and Andrew Kirkland weren't able to keep him on the bench redshirting).

Is he an outstanding coach "on field"? Yes.

Is he an atrociously bad recruiter? Yes.

Okay, we all agree.

Now the cost/benefit can be discussed.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HFNY said:

Okay, we all agree.

Don't think the recruiting problem would be as bad if we didn't also have an OC with the personality of dried glue. You could probably get by with one or the other, but both are killing OL recruiting.
    As bad as OL recruiting is - and it's bad - QB recruiting is a lot worse. So I don't want to play namby pamby whack-a-mole on whose fault it is.

If there were more in state kids, if UW had never hired Gilby... there are a lot of ifs. I know this: Strausser can't recruit his way out of a paper bag.

I don't think Smith has any fucking thing to do with it as it didn't seem to slow Hamdan down much this year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HFNY said:

Disagree
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

HFNY said:

Okay, we all agree.

Don't think the recruiting problem would be as bad if we didn't also have an OC with the personality of dried glue. You could probably get by with one or the other, but both are killing OL recruiting.
    As bad as OL recruiting is - and it's bad - QB recruiting is a lot worse. So I don't want to play namby pamby whack-a-mole on whose fault it is.

If there were more in state kids, if UW had never hired Gilby... there are a lot of ifs. I know this: Strausser can't recruit his way out of a paper bag.

I don't think Smith has any fucking thing to do with it as it didn't seem to slow Hamdan down much this year.
    We should be very happy that Sirmon's as much of a UW lock as there can be ... otherwise we'd be literally fucked after Browning graduates.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Okay, we all agree.

We should be very happy that Sirmon's as much of a UW lock as there can be ... otherwise we'd be literally fucked after Browning graduates.
    He gone. USC is going to make his dad a fucking dean of something and take him too.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Okay, we all agree.

QBs more than any other position seem to get slotted at school.