Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

net neutrality

13»

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club

Comcast paid for the regulations.

Comcast is literally the shittiest company in the history of the world.

When I lived in Baltimore I had to drive like 25 minutes to go to the Comcast store to replace the piece of shit DVR like 5 times a year and I would wait an hour and a half with a bunch of ghetto smelly fucktards.

It's like the DMV but filled with Somalian refugees.
    Strangely Comcast business is pretty fucking good.
    No competition and all

Cox is slightly worse. I've had to deal with both.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

When I lived in Baltimore I had to drive like 25 minutes to go to the Comcast store to replace the piece of shit DVR like 5 times a year and I would wait an hour and a half with a bunch of ghetto smelly fucktards.

Your first mistake was living in Balmer.

The Wire barely did that hellhole justice.
    Not too far behind Detroit. What else do they have in common?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Strangely Comcast business is pretty fucking good.
    No competition and all

Cox is slightly worse. I've had to deal with both.
    DTV or Dish.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter

Damn - when I lived there it was always Baltmer - filled with Baltimorons. I lived near Ace Point which I never knew was really East Point.
    TV show "Homicide life on the street" depicted Baltmer quite accurately
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

Damn - when I lived there it was always Baltmer - filled with Baltimorons. I lived near Ace Point which I never knew was really East Point.
    No love for The Wire?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

The heart of the disagreement is not over "net neutrality" per se, it's over government policy under the heading of net neutrality; a litany of government regulation and classification as a public utility that result in excessive government control. Hand wringing over aims to change policy on this is at this point a lot like defending Obamacare on the basis that the Affordable Care Act is affordable (or free) just because it says so in the name.

LebamDawg said:

Loved that show.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    The wire is awesome. I lived in locust point where they filmed season 2
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    It is not my fault if you have comcast. Take responsibility for your actions

If you want the choice to not have comcast you don't want regulation as a utility
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

A world where the FCC is part of a corrupt administration. Buy the regs you want when you know they are coming.

It's how it's done. One step away from a shakedown

Instead of making up weird conspiracies just say it's part of the Republican platform and admit that's why you agree.
    Why not pull your head our of your ass instead? Read the Forbes article SD quoted

Or just rattle dnc propaganda

Indeed, the 2015 order devotes almost no discussion to the rules at all. It is one part net neutrality, and 99 parts public utility—including a return to the Ma Bell days of regulated rates, services, and artificial barriers to entry.

I suspect most of the snowflakes in here are oblivious to the Ma Bell days, let alone the days when air travel was regulated in the same manner. Airline deregulation in particular was a huge win for the people. It opened up competition and brought rates crashing down so that the average person could easily afford air travel. No one in their right mind would want a return to the days prior to deregulation, and yet, snowflakes are supporting just such a move on internet service. Pai's positions are consistent with those of the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978. Godspeed to him.
    to be honest, I miss the old days of weight restricted stewardesses wearing short tight skirts.
    doogie said:

A world where the FCC is part of a corrupt administration. Buy the regs you want when you know they are coming.

It's how it's done. One step away from a shakedown

Instead of making up weird conspiracies just say it's part of the Republican platform and admit that's why you agree.
    Why not pull your head our of your ass instead? Read the Forbes article SD quoted

Or just rattle dnc propaganda

Indeed, the 2015 order devotes almost no discussion to the rules at all. It is one part net neutrality, and 99 parts public utility—including a return to the Ma Bell days of regulated rates, services, and artificial barriers to entry.

I suspect most of the snowflakes in here are oblivious to the Ma Bell days, let alone the days when air travel was regulated in the same manner. Airline deregulation in particular was a huge win for the people. It opened up competition and brought rates crashing down so that the average person could easily afford air travel. No one in their right mind would want a return to the days prior to deregulation, and yet, snowflakes are supporting just such a move on internet service. Pai's positions are consistent with those of the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978. Godspeed to him.
    to be honest, I miss the old days of weight restricted stewardesses wearing short tight skirts.
    Ive always had gross 48 year old women and gay guys.

I almost envy you.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

If you want the choice to not have comcast you don't want regulation as a utility

This is not the point of net neutrality. Net neutrality means maintaining the status quo: open and free internet.

Comcast and every other ISP can keep making money just fine as is. But they want to change the rules to squeeze people for more. Fuck that.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter

This is not the point of net neutrality. Net neutrality means maintaining the status quo: open and free internet.

Comcast and every other ISP can keep making money just fine as is. But they want to change the rules to squeeze people for more. Fuck that.
    So are you saying you are in favor of turning internet access into a utility like the power company or water department?

That's a serious question - it has been done in some municipalities.

edited July 2017
    LebamDawg said:

Where? What the fuck is east point

You are so full of shit
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

So are you saying you are in favor of turning internet access into a utility like the power company or water department?

That's a serious question - it has been done in some municipalities.

No. And that is not the debate at all.

Choice 1) status quo

Choice 2) unchecked power granted to ISPs
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I want unchecked power granted to me. Maybe I'll become an ISP