Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Offer to Lineman

backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
He's the UCLA commit from Portland.....Jaxson Kirkland.. Strassuer can't even recruit lineman with offers from Utah and Cal.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Ford wants to play defense
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ford wants to play defense

Well I hope Pete introduced him to Kaleb McGary while he was up here as a shining example of what happens to kids who want to play defense but really belong on offense.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I like kirkland. but we ain't getting him
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love Kirkland.

This summer I wanted us to offer him. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with Straußer.

Jesus.

I hope Dean convinces him that UW is best with like 8 days left to check us out.

CHRIST.
  • Options
    with klemm fired there may be an opening.
    just feels to late, especially with our shit oline recruiting
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    edited January 2017

I love Kirkland.

This summer I wanted us to offer him. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with Straußer.

Jesus.

I hope Dean convinces him that UW is best with like 8 days left to check us out.

CHRIST.

Maybe they could get him to commit anytime they damn well pleased.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

I love Kirkland.

Jesus.

CHRIST.

Maybe they could get him to commit anytime they damn well pleased.
    Only they know and we will know soon. I hope it works out. However, the strategy is still fucking dumb.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Talk about limping across the finish line. Fuckin' A
  • Options
    Passion said:

Sort of disagree on this.

I separate them. At DL, obviously losing Marlon is a fucking nightmare disaster.

However, at OL, I love this kid and if/when we add Ford too... this has turned into a really, really good OL class.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    IF Klemm doesn't get fired at UCLA ... who knows what chance we'd have pulling Kirkland away at the last minute.

Whether you like Kirkland or not, this is one that probably should have been ironed away a while back given how this process has gone for OL recruiting. We knew, or should have known, we were going to miss on most of our targets at least 1-2 months ago.

No reason that there shouldn't have been at minimum a contingent offer made a while back with Kirkland that if A and/or B doesn't happen, that he has a committable offer. For a legacy kid, that's probably a relatively easy sell.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

IF Klemm doesn't get fired at UCLA ... who knows what chance we'd have pulling Kirkland away at the last minute.

Whether you like Kirkland or not, this is one that probably should have been ironed away a while back given how this process has gone for OL recruiting. We knew, or should have known, we were going to miss on most of our targets at least 1-2 months ago.

No reason that there shouldn't have been at minimum a contingent offer made a while back with Kirkland that if A and/or B doesn't happen, that he has a committable offer. For a legacy kid, that's probably a relatively easy sell.

it's possible that existed all along and was kept silent
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Tequilla said:

it's possible that existed all along and was kept silent
    It is possible ... but the timing is definitely head scratching.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Sort of disagree on this.

I separate them. At DL, obviously losing Marlon is a fucking nightmare disaster.

However, at OL, I love this kid and if/when we add Ford too... this has turned into a really, really good OL class.
    I was referencing Marlon, Sarrell, and our struggle to get Ford.
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    edited January 2017
    Are we sacrificing our Dline for Oline. I think our Oline will get pretty good in 18 with all these players coming up, especially if Trey Adams stays.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    Standard Supporter
    Biggins interviewed him and he said "it's my dream offer" re: the UW offer. He just visited WSU, he's going to Oregon tomorrow, and UW visits him Wednesday. Obviously he's looking around.

Could be Ford is headed to Utah or it could be that UW knows that someone on o line is leaving
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Biggins interviewed him and he said "it's my dream offer" re: the UW offer. He just visited WSU, he's going to Oregon tomorrow, and UW visits him Wednesday. Obviously he's looking around.

Could be Ford is headed to Utah or it could be that UW knows that someone on o line is leaving

Or Ford is gunna play DT
  • Options

Or Ford is gunna play DT
    Or we are taking 4 OL this year because we have a lot of poo emoji's sitting in our depth chart right now that we may not have high hopes of panning out.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hope his old man taught him how to "work out properly". Never ever saw a guy go from a mediocre, 218 pound heavyweight wrestler as a JR, to a 275 pound, totally stacked, Brock Lesnar looking undefeated state champ as a SR like Dean did.