Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Abraham Lucas

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Getting my Friday night TBS on and came across this guy. Coog commit from Archbishop Murphy that may be defecting to Cal. Watched the film and thought he looked good.

I realize UW can't take everyone, but what was the deal with him? 24/7 has him rated higher than Bainivulu although Bain has a much more impressive offer list.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Very Old Testament name. @jecornel would not approve.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I know Dennis was a fan of his. He's not as good as 247 says (I think they have him higher rated than AVT too). I'd rather have Ford and Norgaard, but if we miss on Ford I'd be ok with offering him. I agree he has good film.
  • Options

Getting my Friday night TBS on and came across this guy. Coog commit from Archbishop Murphy that may be defecting to Cal. Watched the film and thought he looked good.

I realize UW can't take everyone, but what was the deal with him? 24/7 has him rated higher than Bainivulu although Bain has a much more impressive offer list.

Regardless, he shouldn't go to WSU.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I know Dennis was a fan of his. He's not as good as 247 says (I think they have him higher rated than AVT too). I'd rather have Ford and Norgaard, but if we miss on Ford I'd be ok with offering him. I agree he has good film.

I forgot about AVT. USC really took our lunch money this year.

• Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    You can't win a natty with WSU recruits as your building blocks.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dongman said:

Or you can and just develop the players like what Petersen did at BSU
  • Options

dongman said:

Mike Leach and his staff are pretty decent at developing their recruits, and 8 wins is the ceiling. Have to move to the next level of talent.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dongman said:

This ain't the WAC anymore.
  • Options

dongman said:

The other issue with this is, Pete is a great game day coach. So when he played the big guys he had his team ready, and mostly came out ahead. But he played a season schedule full of mid-low tier teams. Pac12 conference play is a whole different game, as well as the playoffs. To survive a nine game conference schedule, plus playoffs, and pre season quality teams (necessary for top four post season play), you need depth, and good depth. Recruiting is the number one for depth.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dongman said:

This is something that people forget. Those teams with a few 4 stars sprinkled could have won a title.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dongman said:

This is something that people forget. Those teams with a few 4 stars sprinkled could have won a title.
    Another thing people forget is that if those roster had 75% 4-star kids they would've killed everyone.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dongman said:

Another thing people forget is that if those roster had 75% 4-star kids they would've killed everyone.
    If your roster is over 50% 4star, you should be a fucking powerhouse.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Check out the star levels for the CFP teams. The Dawgs had by far the fewest highly rated players. Which in turn means we don't have the depth needed to be competitive year in and year out on a national level yet. Keep adding more 4 stars than 3 stars a year and that problem will take care of itself.

Prime Example: Nick Harris had a nice year but who did he beat out? Oh yeah right, nobody. Coulda used some extra depth / talent so we wouldn't be stuck playing undersized true freshmen. Or at the very least he's beating someone oit that can make him earn it. That type of depth will help is compete at the end of the year, once the season has taken its toll.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    DawgFader said:

Check out the star levels for the CFP teams. The Dawgs had by far the fewest highly rated players. Which in turn means we don't have the depth needed to be competitive year in and year out on a national level yet. Keep adding more 4 stars than 3 stars a year and that problem will take care of itself.

Prime Example: Nick Harris had a nice year but who did he beat out? Oh yeah right, nobody. Coulda used some extra depth / talent so we wouldn't be stuck playing undersized true freshmen. Or at the very least he's beating someone oit that can make him earn it. That type of depth will help is compete at the end of the year, once the season has taken its toll.

You are right, but the starting defense, which was a championship level defense had only two 4 star guys.

Budda and Qualls.

At the end of the day, just win.
  • Options

DawgFader said:

You are right, but the starting defense, which was a championship level defense had only two 4 star guys.

Budda and Qualls.

Yup! Can get even better!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited January 2017

DawgFader said:

Budda and Qualls.

Shame we missed on Daeshon Hall and Harlow and huh?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

If DDY is out, I'm out.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

If DDY is out, I'm out.
    DDY's been out for years, where you been?

#Pride #LoveWins #BornThisWay
    Dude, you are ruining his coming out party.