Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Keith Price..discuss

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
"He lacks mobility, and that's frustrating..he isn't super big, so you'd expect more from his running ability. He isn't explosive. Defenses don't have to worry about him much because he does't pose a real threat to run"

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070

"He lacks mobility, and that's frustrating..he isn't super big, so you'd expect more from his running ability. He isn't explosive. Defenses don't have to worry about him much because he does't pose a real threat to run"

who are you quoting?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Price is not nearly as bad as Millen or some of the doogman posters think he is. He also is not as good as some on here believe he is. He is the 4th or 5th best QB in the conference, which is an above average to good QB.

I do think with our OL that having a QB that was a little stronger and ran a little better would help, but what are you gonna do? Price is by far our best option. Sark should have recruited better lineman.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    edited October 2013

Price is not nearly as bad as Millen or some of the doogman posters think he is. He also is not as good as some on here believe he is. He is the 4th or 5th best QB in the conference, which is an above average to good QB.

I do think with our OL that having a QB that was a little stronger and ran a little better would help, but what are you gonna do? Price is by far our best option. Sark should have recruited better lineman.

The 4th or 5th best QB in the conference with Sankey and a "should be" all conference TE, with an improved defense, should be a 10-11 win team. However UW is riddled with a 7 win head coach.

Average it out, and you have 9 wins!!!

The 4th or 5th best QB in the conference with Sankey and a "should be" all conference TE, with an improved defense, should be a 10-11 win team. However UW is riddled with a 7 win head coach.

I don't even think we get 9. If we win this weekend, we probably will. If we lose, I think 7 is happening for the 4th year in a row.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

who are you quoting?
    skinnyJeans....but it's not an exact quote...but the message is not lost.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Unless Keith Price plays offensive line, there's nothing to discuss.

alternate interpretation

He usually has about a two Mississippi count before he has to run for his life. I also believe he is taught to run as little as possible. His first year he was all over the place. Last year he didn't really make anything happen at all. Most thought it was because he was hurt. Now he is pretty healthy, and has made some nice plays, but many times it looks like a running lane is open, and he continues to look for a receiver and ends up throwing it into the bench.

I think he has scrambled out of some tough predicaments and made something happen given the fact that the defense is on him in no time.
    edited October 2013

I agree but I can't help but feel uw is on its way to 7 wins. If it is 8 that is an epic failure. 9 with a bowl win is a step in the right direction but still feels empty. What people need to focus on in this program is the conference record. 4-5, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4, and at best I see us at 5-4 again this year but that is not a given.

Anyone that says 8-4 is progress needs to die in a fire.

8-4 is no better at all because there was no LSU on the non conference schedule.

I don't even think we get 9. If we win this weekend, we probably will. If we lose, I think 7 is happening for the 4th year in a row.

UW isn't losing to Colorado or Kal (I'll spell it with a "C" when they earn it) period, especially at home. Colorado isn't competitive yet, and for Kal, UW could take the week off and throw Bellevue HS out there and probably get the W. WSU isn't beating you in Seattle, sorry Cougs, but I have no faith in you. That means you either beat UCLA, ASU, or OSU on the road, and get an average bowl game which you will probably lose, or you lose all three and play Nevada in the "Slim Jim's (RIP Macho Man) IDGAF bowl" and get a dominant victory for win #9.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,131 Founders Club
    Jack Lockner was big and strong and our O line got him killed too. At least Keith is smarter

Jack Lockner was big and strong and our O line got him killed too. At least Keith is smarter

And well spoken

UW isn't losing to Colorado or Kal (I'll spell it with a "C" when they earn it) period, especially at home. Colorado isn't competitive yet, and for Kal, UW could take the week off and throw Bellevue HS out there and probably get the W. WSU isn't beating you in Seattle, sorry Cougs, but I have no faith in you. That means you either beat UCLA, ASU, or OSU on the road, and get an average bowl game which you will probably lose, or you lose all three and play Nevada in the "Slim Jim's (RIP Macho Man) IDGAF bowl" and get a dominant victory for win #9. Even if they win one of the three road games, they'll have to win the bowl game for win #9. I hate math, and Washington is not winning 10, and might now win only 8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited October 2013

He usually has about a two Mississippi count before he has to run for his life. I also believe he is taught to run as little as possible. His first year he was all over the place. Last year he didn't really make anything happen at all. Most thought it was because he was hurt. Now he is pretty healthy, and has made some nice plays, but many times it looks like a running lane is open, and he continues to look for a receiver and ends up throwing it into the bench.

I think he has scrambled out of some tough predicaments and made something happen given the fact that the defense is on him in no time.
    Against Oregon when Price was a freshman he was scrambling around a lot. I remember my dad saying to me just watch by his senior year he won't run at all because of Sark. At that point Locker went from a threat running to his senior year he'd just sit in the pocket, have wide open lanes to run yet would refuse to run.

Miles looked pretty good running too against Idaho State. I have a feeling if Sark is still coaching him by his senior year we'll be complaining how he never runs either.

As always it starts at the top. Oh and fuck you Kim! How is Nick Montana beating out Keith Price working out for you? You skinny jeans wearing faggot($75K).
  • My dad's comment was in reference how he made Locker worse the longer he coached him.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,969 Swaye's Wigwam
    This is gonna be TL, so I recommend you DR.

KP17 (hehe) has some flaws. He doesn't see open guys over the middle. I'd like to argue with doogman folks about that but I've been seeing it with my own two, mostly functional eyes. Duck fans are convinced it was a superhuman effort on the part of their secondary, but I saw open guys in the 10-25 yard range all day long.

He also takes some horrific routes (for lack of a better word) when he scrambles. It's not every time, but some of his scrambles are just train wrecks. He gives way too much negative yardage up and runs right into the guy who flushed him too often.

None of these things were true of KP17 in 2010, in his first start, or through most of 2011 when he was dragging a bad knee around. He used to thrive on throws over the middle and had the balls and presence to step up rather than retreating every time he saw pressure off the edge.

Who do I blame? It's on Sarkisian and you'd have to be a complete dicktard to argue otherwise. Sarkisian is responsible for trying to air it out with 5 step drops and no pass blocking throughout 2012. He's responsible for the lack of pass blocking. He's responsible for freaking out when KP17 had a bad game against Oregon in 2011 where he threw some picks over the middle, thus making him gunshy about even looking there anymore. He's responsible for having him pause and make that retarded shoulder fake (ooh, I think they kinda bought it this time!) in the midst of every deep drop.

They myth of Sark's genius QB coaching has gone the way of the myths of his genius recruiting and play calling. It's gone as far as I'm concerned.

KP17 is still a fucking warrior in spite of all of this. He has a good arm and throws pinpoint accurate balls when he's not rattled. He's still the 4th-5th best QB in the league, at worst, which is pretty incredible considering what he's been through.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,379 Founders Club

And well spoken
    Keith might actually get above a 2 on the Wonderlic also. FWIW.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    chuck said:

This is gonna be TL, so I recommend you DR.

KP17 (hehe) has some flaws. He doesn't see open guys over the middle. I'd like to argue with doogman folks about that but I've been seeing it with my own two, mostly functional eyes. Duck fans are convinced it was a superhuman effort on the part of their secondary, but I saw open guys in the 10-25 yard range all day long.

He also takes some horrific routes (for lack of a better word) when he scrambles. It's not every time, but some of his scrambles are just train wrecks. He gives way too much negative yardage up and runs right into the guy who flushed him too often.

None of these things were true of KP17 in 2010, in his first start, or through most of 2011 when he was dragging a bad knee around. He used to thrive on throws over the middle and had the balls and presence to step up rather than retreating every time he saw pressure off the edge.

Who do I blame? It's on Sarkisian and you'd have to be a complete dicktard to argue otherwise. Sarkisian is responsible for trying to air it out with 5 step drops and no pass blocking throughout 2012. He's responsible for the lack of pass blocking. He's responsible for freaking out when KP17 had a bad game against Oregon in 2011 where he threw some picks over the middle, thus making him gunshy about even looking there anymore. He's responsible for having him pause and make that retarded shoulder fake (ooh, I think they kinda bought it this time!) in the midst of every deep drop.

They myth of Sark's genius QB coaching has gone the way of the myths of his genius recruiting and play calling. It's gone as far as I'm concerned.

KP17 is still a fucking warrior in spite of all of this. He has a good arm and throws pinpoint accurate balls when he's not rattled. He's still the 4th-5th best QB in the league, at worst, which is pretty incredible considering what he's been through.

As far as I'm concerned Price should get a fucking medal for just surviving as long as he has under Sark.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    If so many people hate price why don't they ask the great recruiter why he waited till year 4 to recruit a Qb