Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Donald Trump Inauguration Game Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Reducing government revenues is a great way to encourage reduction of government expenses.

True, except reducing tax rates generally increases tax revenues. Even Obama understood this. His rationale for raising taxes was based on SJW equity bullshit.

"GIBSON: All right. You have, however, said you would favor an increase in the capital gains tax. As a matter of fact, you said on CNBC, and I quote, “I certainly would not go above what existed under Bill Clinton,” which was 28 percent. It’s now 15 percent. That’s almost a doubling, if you went to 28 percent.

But actually, Bill Clinton, in 1997, signed legislation that dropped the capital gains tax to 20 percent.

OBAMA: Right.

GIBSON: And George Bush has taken it down to 15 percent.

GIBSON: And in each instance, when the rate dropped, revenues from the tax increased; the government took in more money. And in the 1980s, when the tax was increased to 28 percent, the revenues went down.

So why raise it at all, especially given the fact that 100 million people in this country own stock and would be affected?

OBAMA: Well, Charlie, what I’ve said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness. "
    Yeah, but still. Reduce federal spending and cede power to the individual states.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Reducing government revenues is a great way to encourage reduction of government expenses.

True, except reducing tax rates generally increases tax revenues. Even Obama understood this. His rationale for raising taxes was based on SJW equity bullshit.

"GIBSON: All right. You have, however, said you would favor an increase in the capital gains tax. As a matter of fact, you said on CNBC, and I quote, “I certainly would not go above what existed under Bill Clinton,” which was 28 percent. It’s now 15 percent. That’s almost a doubling, if you went to 28 percent.

But actually, Bill Clinton, in 1997, signed legislation that dropped the capital gains tax to 20 percent.

GIBSON: And in each instance, when the rate dropped, revenues from the tax increased; the government took in more money. And in the 1980s, when the tax was increased to 28 percent, the revenues went down.

So why raise it at all, especially given the fact that 100 million people in this country own stock and would be affected?

OBAMA: Well, Charlie, what I’ve said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness. "
    Yeah, but still. Reduce federal spending and cede power to the individual states.
    Totally agree.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Totally agree.
    Of course, then you get the inverse at the state and local levels. Taxes in Seattle and King County are getting ridiculous, especially thanks to low interest rates and cheap borrowing that inflates the cost of housing.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

doogie said:

Rachel Madcow absolutely losing it now.

Maybe a live Trump jump?
    Flagged for not right sizing the image. Get your shit together.
    Flagged because you can't manage a left mouse click.
    I don't want to see your shit memes. I'm just looking out for the mouthbreathers around here that might want to see them.

Do you know you are the only poster on HH that can't figure out how to post an image that people can see?

Special, you are.
    Yeah and I do it to piss snowflakes off.
    You are so far out there, no one here gets pissed at what you post. We just shake our head in awe of the stupidity.

HTH
    Ironic
    I guess I'm the stupid one who believes when you cut taxes it reduces government revenues and pollution is harmful to the environment
    Well, linking two unrelated problems with unrelated causes is considerably dumb. I'll give you that.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Totally agree.
    Of course, then you get the inverse at the state and local levels. Taxes in Seattle and King County are getting ridiculous, especially thanks to low interest rates and cheap borrowing that inflates the cost of housing.
    People voting that way at the local level get the government they want and deserve without damaging the more rational among us who choose not to live there.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    PurpleJ said:

Yeah like building a wall along the Mexican border.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,276
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

PurpleJ said:

We don't have to build a wall.

Drones with machine guns and missiles would work just fine.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Too much logic, too cost effective, plus it takes advantage of current technology. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

China built a wall 5,000 years ago. Better idea. Like trump said, no Mexicans in China.

Though, building a wall could create jobs but who wants jobs from the public sector? Fuck that! You know it would take 10 years to build with 5 guys standing around watching another guy dig dirt.

OR get a 3-d printer to build the wall. If you really really want a wall.

• Options
    Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Jesus: This is so fucked up. The Wall idea came about after 9/11 to reduce the likelihood of terrorists sneaking in from Mexico. Now it's morphed into a statement that all Mexicans are criminals, blah, blah, blah. Thank Trump for clouding this issue and broad-brushing all Mexicans for the acts of very few, but even so, get a fucking grip, people. Secure borders are neither racist, nor a bad thing.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Jesus: This is so fucked up. The Wall idea came about after 9/11 to reduce the likelihood of terrorists sneaking in from Mexico. Now it's morphed into a statement that all Mexicans are criminals, blah, blah, blah. Thank Trump for clouding this issue and broad-brushing all Mexicans for the acts of very few, but even so, get a fucking grip, people. Secure borders are neither racist, nor a bad thing.
    Building a wall with Mexico is not a great way to solve a problem of terrorists flying in from Canada IMO.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wearing my Trump hat thru them V@ncouver BC boat show in about an hour. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

I was with you until the last sentence. While true that the act of securing the border is not racist (it was the way Trump talked about it that was racist), a wall won't help that. A high percentage of illegal immigrants entered the country legally.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

I was with you until the last sentence. While true that the act of securing the border is not racist (it was the way Trump talked about it that was racist), a wall won't help that. A high percentage of illegal immigrants entered the country legally.
    Marco Rubio was quoted saying 40% of illegal immigrants entered legally, and basically overstayed their visas.

The wall is a solution to a problem that peaked 10 years ago. There are an infinite number of things we'd be better off doing with the $50B.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Marco Rubio was quoted saying 40% of illegal immigrants entered legally, and basically overstayed their visas.

The wall is a solution to a problem that peaked 10 years ago. There are an infinite number of things we'd be better off doing with the $50B.
    I think the percentage is higher than that. But regardless, since 08, there has been a net migration of Mexicans out of America. So really all we'd do is keep them in.
  • Options

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Building a wall with Mexico is not a great way to solve a problem of terrorists arriving by trebuchet from Canada IMO.
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

You'll note that I'm not endorsing the Wall. I specifically said "The Wall idea" and endorsed "secure borders."

Equally interesting is how mass deportations of Mexicans began under Bill Clinton after Oklahoma City. But that's inconvenient.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,041
    jecornel said:

Like trump said, no Mexicans in China.

goddamn, this is amazing. wife asked "whats so funny?" i replied, between tears and gasping for air, "aint no mexicans in chiner."
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,276
    We have as many as 30+ million illegals. Haven't you noticed they've used 11 million number for more than a decade? What they stopped sneaking in? We can't absorb this many illegals. It's suicide for our country. they already overwhelm services in most border states and the education systems. Costs California billions a year.

It's not immigration it's an invasion.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

PurpleJ said:

Maybe, but they could have built the wall or most of it for probably less than the cost of all the wars over the past 20 years