Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tui is my favorite recruit in this class hands down. It's not easy finding these gigantic genetic monsters. Hopefully Sochas needles will turn him into even more of a freak.

Thanks Helfrich!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Looks like he will be the #1 DT I'm the cuntry
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The discussion thread on 247 about this is popcorn material. People are completely shitting their pants about rankings that mean absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Fuck, he gone to USC with IPM
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

The discussion thread on 247 about this is popcorn material. People are completely shitting their pants about rankings that mean absolutely nothing.

I don't agree they mean nothing, but they are nowhere near as good as they should or could be.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The thing about recruiting classes is that they are never really about one kid. That makes them frustrating to analyze.

It's hard to get TOO worked up about Fozzy...

Overall mostly agree except one small point, FUCK that Stanford bitch.
  • Options

The thing about recruiting classes is that they are never really about one kid. That makes them frustrating to analyze.

It's hard to get TOO worked up about Fozzy leaving or Marlon coming because you could have always done better or worse and no one kid makes that big a difference (at this point). None of us can tell the future, so it's hard to specifically say who the most important kid is because of a host of factors that influence outcomes outside of talent.

I like Marlon a lot, though. I think if there were one single kid I would not want to see leave it would probably be Salvon or Ty Jones. However, they are all great.

The way they rank these kids is so dumb that the difference between 5 and 4 stars is sort of minimal.

The only kid in our class that is worthless is Haener and, after that, we could lose Otton and no one would blink.

Beyond that, though, they are all pretty good.

Otton is going to be a big dude and he comes from football family. I like him a lot. He's not going to be a Walt Winter.
    He is so stiff when he moves. I just don't think he has the lateral quickness to play defense.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I just saw your comment and looked him up on Rivals. He doesn't look that stiff to me and Tumwater used him as a TE, split out WR, RB, and MLB (dropping into coverage and going lateral) in what I saw. Probably the least natural playing split out WR.

He'll either be more of a blocking TE on O or will play Buck or DE (if he can get up to 275 lbs or more).

It's hard to get TOO worked up about Fozzy leaving or Marlon coming because you could have always done better or worse and no one kid makes that big a difference (at this point). None of us can tell the future, so it's hard to specifically say who the most important kid is because of a host of factors that influence outcomes outside of talent.

I like Marlon a lot, though. I think if there were one single kid I would not want to see leave it would probably be Salvon or Ty Jones. However, they are all great.

The way they rank these kids is so dumb that the difference between 5 and 4 stars is sort of minimal.

The only kid in our class that is worthless is Haener and, after that, we could lose Otton and no one would blink.

Otton is going to be a big dude and he comes from football family. I like him a lot. He's not going to be a Walt Winter.
    He is so stiff when he moves. I just don't think he has the lateral quickness to play defense.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

I just saw your comment and looked him up on Rivals. He doesn't look that stiff to me and Tumwater used him as a TE, split out WR, RB, and MLB (dropping into coverage and going lateral) in what I saw. Probably the least natural playing split out WR.

He'll either be more of a blocking TE on O or will play Buck or DE (if he can get up to 275 lbs or more).

He was recruited to play LB. I don't think he is explosive enough to play buck. From his senior tape it looks like he lack the quickness in his first step. Blocking TE is fine, but we are taking Keizer in this class.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I actually like him, but I'm just saying that if I were picking kids to never enroll those would be my first two. After that it would get hard.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017

He's not stiff, he's just not fast. Guys who are stiff don't make adjustments to catch the ball. When he gets a carry, he makes a nice cut.

I like him better on offense too. He's going to be big. It's cliche, but he will be a smart, instinctual player, and he looks natural catching the ball. I see a good blocking, sure handed TE to take over the Sample/Dissly role.
  • Options

He's not stiff, he's just not fast. Guys who are stiff don't make adjustments to catch the ball. When he gets a carry, he makes a nice cut.

I like him better on offense too. He's going to be big. It's cliche, but he will be a smart, instinctual player, and he looks natural catching the ball. I see a good blocking, sure handed TE to take over the Sample/Dissly role.
    the type a guy you want your daughter to date?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Yup, he'll be our white TE, which is actually an important role in our offense. I like him too.