Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Determing the Hardcore Husky All Time 10 Most Favorite Rock Music Recording Artists

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2017
    There are more than 10 rock music recording artists that poast here? Fuck, that's pretty cool.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017

Sublime
    Frank Zappa
    Prince
    Alice in Chains
    Metallica
    Boston
    Rush
    Steely Dan
    Pink Floyd
    David Bowie

Alas a Steely Dan vote! I should have them in my honorable mention. Best rock group named after a dildo.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Queen
    Metallica
    Offspring
    U2
    The Killers
    Tom Petty
    Eric Clapton
    Pat Benatar
    Guns'n'Roses
    Rolling Stones

HOMEN: 999, Sex Pistols, X ray Spex, Rancid, Dead Kennedys, Morbid Angel, Nile, Emperor, Mercyful Fate
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    Led Zeppelin
    Radiohead
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Bon Iver
    U2
    The Beatles
    Eagles
    Neil Diamond
    Pink Floyd

I like way too many types of "rock" (by your definition) music, "It's Hard" to pick a top 10. A lot of this stuff I don't listen to much any more but when you've been around 48+ years and love music; life experiences get associated the music you were listening to at the time...from childhood (The Beatles, Neil Diamond, Eagles, Carpenters, Simon and Garfunkel), teen (Foreigner, Prince, U2, Petty, hair metal), college (Zeppelin, Doors, Cure, Smiths), old man status (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Bon Iver) etc....it burns an indelible mark on your psyche. With that said, that's a good desert island rock playlist.

HM: The Cure, Springsteen, Paul Simon (and Garfunkel), The Police, Father John Misty, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, RHCP, The Doors, The Who, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Bowie, Neil Young, Alice In Chains, STP, Sublime, Depeche Mode, Foreigner, Journey, Boston, The Carpenters, The Smiths, Guns N Roses, Tom Petty, Weezer, Ratt, Def Lepard, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Queensryche, Queen, Bee Gees, REM, etc.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Led Zeppelin
    Radiohead
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Bon Iver
    U2
    The Beatles
    Eagles
    Neil Diamond
    Pink Floyd

I like way too many types of "rock" (by your definition) music, "It's Hard" to pick a top 10. A lot of this stuff I don't listen to much any more but when you've been around 48+ years and love music; life experiences get associated the music you were listening to at the time...from childhood (The Beatles, Neil Diamond, Eagles, Carpenters, Simon and Garfunkel), teen (Foreigner, Prince, U2, Petty, hair metal), college (Zeppelin, Doors, Cure, Smiths), old man status (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Bon Iver) etc....it burns an indelible mark on your psyche. With that said, that's a good desert island rock playlist.

HM: The Cure, Springsteen, Paul Simon (and Garfunkel), The Police, Father John Misty, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, RHCP, The Doors, The Who, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Bowie, Neil Young, Alice In Chains, STP, Sublime, Depeche Mode, Foreigner, Journey, Boston, The Carpenters, The Smiths, Guns N Roses, Tom Petty, Weezer, Ratt, Def Lepard, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Queensryche, Queen, Bee Gees, REM, etc.

I figured you for more of a Don James guy

doogie said:

How can any list that doesn't include:
    Justin Bieber
    Justin Timberlake
    Katy Perry
    Taylor Swift
    Bruno Mars

possibly be considered 'great'?

Bieber is dope. JT's first solo CD is great. Mars is a true showman. Swift is an annoying, corny cunt but has some good songs. Perry is trash.
    You had me until you trashed my Katy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57P9C4SAW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98WtmW-lfeE
    Swaye's Wigwam

Led Zeppelin
    Radiohead
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Bon Iver
    U2
    The Beatles
    Eagles
    Neil Diamond
    Pink Floyd

I think we all have HM lists that are a mile long, but it's a fun experiment to get a large number of people do their desert isle top 10 favorite rock bands. "Either way, it will be interesting" TM.

Led Zeppelin
    Radiohead
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Bon Iver
    U2
    The Beatles
    Eagles
    Neil Diamond
    Pink Floyd

I think we all have HM lists that are a mile long, but it's a fun experiment to get a large number of people do their desert isle top 10 favorite rock bands. "Either way, it will be interesting" TM.
    Harv (RIP) and I went round and round on The Who v. Led Zeppelin back in the Pit (RIP) era.

Zeppelin had the greatest pieces together in one band.

Plant > Daltry
    Page = Townsend
    JPJ > Entwistle
    Bonham > Moon

It's close tho.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Kudos for those including Rush ...
    Tequilla said:

Kudos for those including Rush ...

Yep, totally spaced them. HM for me.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Led Zeppelin
    Radiohead
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Bon Iver
    U2
    The Beatles
    Eagles
    Neil Diamond
    Pink Floyd

Harv (RIP) and I went round and round on The Who v. Led Zeppelin back in the Pit (RIP) era.

Plant > Daltry
    Page = Townsend
    JPJ > Entwistle
    Bonham > Moon

It's close tho.
    Plant = Daltry; Daltry was a more excited performer but didn't really write any songs; I think Plant was a decent songwriter. Vocals is a tie for me.

Page = Townshend; Page better guitar player although I love Townshend style; Townshend better songwriter by a mile.

Entwistle > JPJ - Not even close here.

Bonham = Moon; Moon is my all time favorite drummer, but this is pretty much a tie.

I'd argue Zeppelin is a more "important" band in rock history, but I could have seen any of them live in the their prime (wasn't born until late 70's), I'd go with the Who every time. Actually saw the Who in 2000 at the Gorge before Entwistle died from hookers and blow. They weren't too bad for being old geezers.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656

doogie said:

Justin Bieber
    Justin Timberlake
    Katy Perry
    Taylor Swift
    Bruno Mars

Bieber is dope. JT's first solo CD is great. Mars is a true showman. Swift is an annoying, corny cunt but has some good songs. Perry is trash.

Katy Perry ranks in the top 3 of those I'd like to titty fuck.

Christina Hendricks is up there.

And either Heidi Klum or Elle MacPherson.

doogie said:

Justin Bieber
    Justin Timberlake
    Katy Perry
    Taylor Swift
    Bruno Mars

I'm pretty sure you know why you were flagged.

doogie said:

Justin Bieber
    Justin Timberlake
    Katy Perry
    Taylor Swift
    Bruno Mars

PurpleThrobber is completely dialed in and needs his own forum. She's one of the hottest pop skanks out there.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Dang those is some tig 'ol bitties.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

Justin Bieber
    Justin Timberlake
    Katy Perry
    Taylor Swift
    Bruno Mars

Katy Perry's tits are spectacular.

Flagged, I know.
    No argument there. The picture of her in bed without make up did kind of scar me.
    Since when did she ever put make up on her tits?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Led Zeppelin
    Radiohead
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Bon Iver
    U2
    The Beatles
    Eagles
    Neil Diamond
    Pink Floyd

Plant > Daltry
    Page = Townsend
    JPJ > Entwistle
    Bonham > Moon

It's close tho.
    Plant = Daltry; Daltry was a more excited performer but didn't really write any songs; I think Plant was a decent songwriter. Vocals is a tie for me.

Page = Townshend; Page better guitar player although I love Townshend style; Townshend better songwriter by a mile.

Bonham = Moon; Moon is my all time favorite drummer, but this is pretty much a tie.

I'd argue Zeppelin is a more "important" band in rock history, but I could have seen any of them live in the their prime (wasn't born until late 70's), I'd go with the Who every time. Actually saw the Who in 2000 at the Gorge before Entwistle died from hookers and blow. They weren't too bad for being old geezers.
    Saw them both live. Jimmy Page made Zep far superior

Watch The Song Remains the Same and imagine your ears bleeding hearing that live
    edited January 2017
    Jimmy Page had help, he summoned demons in Aleister Crowley's house on the Loch Ness.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jimmy Page had help, he summoned demons in Aleister Crowley's house on the Loch Ness.

Winners win
    Swaye's Wigwam

Led Zeppelin
    Radiohead
    Prince
    Foo Fighters
    Bon Iver
    U2
    The Beatles
    Eagles
    Neil Diamond
    Pink Floyd

Plant > Daltry
    Page = Townsend
    JPJ > Entwistle
    Bonham > Moon

It's close tho.

Saw them both live. Jimmy Page made Zep far superior

Watch The Song Remains the Same and imagine your ears bleeding hearing that live
    Page more virtuoso. But loudest rock concert on record was The Who. Plus i love windmills and guitar smashing.