Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brandon Roy as head coach?

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Why the fuck not? Way better than that shit show Romar. Would be able to keep the recruiting class too.

And if he sucks who cares? Team already sucks as it is and it can't get much worse.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    B-Roy has half a season of HS coaching with the best player in the country to lean on. Not sure he's ready for D-1.

But fuck it, why not?

Assuming Miller and Marshall both say no first...
  • Options

B-Roy has half a season of HS coaching with the best player in the country to lean on. Not sure he's ready for D-1.

But fuck it, why not?

Assuming Miller and Marshall both say no first...

Yup he might fall completely flat on his face but at this point the program is already doing that.

It's a way to keep the recruiting class and get rid of Romar. If he sucks then fire him.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The problem with hiring an alum is that it's rearly hard to fire an alum.

Spot on. UW needs a coach, not a friend of the family to navigate it through rehab
  • Options
    Who says you need to sign him to anything long term? Romar is already proven that he can't win with the possible #1 pick in the draft. Maybe Roy could be better? At this point the program can't sink much lower than it is.

I'm not sure if Roy would want to do that though. Its just a creative solution to can Romar and most likely keep the recruiting class that dogs are saying we can't fire Romar for.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Anyone but romar. Romar is the definition of mediorce
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2017

I hate to piggyback, but is it a good idea to hire someone that shows up the first day with house money?

This would have been like Oregon hiring Wilcox
  • Options

I hate to piggyback, but is it a good idea to hire someone that shows up the first day with house money?

This would have been like Oregon hiring Wilcox
    Difference is Oregon actually had some recent football success. UW basketball has never had real success. Sure a couple cool top 32 participation trophies and that's it.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who cares if the recruiting class falls apart? Anyone willing to sign on to be coached by romar is a worthless loser at this point. Or a future bulldog.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Archie Miller or fuck off

Been asking for Miller for two years. Maybe the allure of keeping the class together paired with the chance to compete and beat his older brother would be enough. If I'm the local recruit the chance to play for a guy that has taken Dayton to the tournament would entice me to keep my commitment. Also, he's a Miller, you bet he would try to keep Porter on staff. Then everything is gravy AND we have a real coach.