Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mods/Devs -- nice new logo for College Football Forum

this is a high water mark in HH history
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I'm trying to get you to donate
    well, I have bought books... more than once actually
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Very much appreciated, but it should be noted that it doesn't fund the site.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

There are multiple money grabs.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We gotta represent the local 160 pound TRUE Men of Washington.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baldwin''s gone, Big Joe is gone. Who else would it be?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Central has an important place in the cfb ecosystem in this state. If you are a good high school player and don't fit the D-1 profile you head to Ellensburg. This is also the place where washed up Huskie and Koog players have gone in the past for that last year of eligibility. Nearly the entire team is made of players from this state, whereas the D-1 teams have typically around 15%. There is no other D2 school, so if you still want to play college football in this state the only recourse is D3 schools, and then you have to pay around 50 grand a year for tuition (although PLU might be worth it). So Central winds up attracting some good talent.
  • Options

$25 minimum? How would I still pay my AOL dial up fees?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Central has an important place in the cfb ecosystem in this state. If you are a good high school player and don't fit the D-1 profile you head to Ellensburg. This is also the place where washed up Huskie and Koog players have gone in the past for that last year of eligibility. Nearly the entire team is made of players from this state, whereas the D-1 teams have typically around 15%. There is no other D2 school, so if you still want to play college football in this state the only recourse is D3 schools, and then you have to pay around 50 grand a year for tuition (although PLU might be worth it). So Central winds up attracting some good talent.

PLU? srsly?
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

PLU? srsly?
    PLU is unique in their approach, really coming closest to those kind of high ideals Coach Willingham was always spouting off about. PLU more or less delivers. They celebrate even when they lose.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    If you're paying for your education on your own dime, and you can get in somewhere decent, you should do that. PLU is like the 4th or 5th best DIII school in Washington academically. Throw in the Oregon DIII schools (including Linfield, which actually wins and shit) and it's like 10th.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

If you're paying for your education on your own dime, and you can get in somewhere decent, you should do that. PLU is like the 4th or 5th best DIII school in Washington academically. Throw in the Oregon DIII schools (including Linfield, which actually wins and shit) and it's like 10th.

although I regard most college rankings as bullshit, those numbers sound very strange and not compatible with its reputation. My google of PLU showed it was doing just fine. Anyway, if you just take hard classes and work hard it doesn't make a flying fuck where you go to school in general, so long as the professors are within the realm of decent. It's always been the effort you put in anyway, mostly.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Value of going to PLU in the late 90's when it was $19k/year and you could win a national championship in football? Decent.

Value of going to PLU now when it's $50k/year and you can't win a national championship in football? Dogshit.

Trust me...I know what I'm talking about on this subject.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AZDuck said:

PLU? srsly?
    PLU is unique in their approach, really coming closest to those kind of high ideals Coach Willingham was always spouting off about. PLU more or less delivers. They celebrate even when they lose.
    Frosty hated that fuck Tyrone.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

PLU? srsly?

AZDuck said:

PLU? srsly?
    Please address him as "Coach Willingham."
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    Standard Supporter
    I preferred the Cornell university logo.