Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tosh Lupoi could be leaving Bama for Cal

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's fucking amazing how this clique of party boys continues to believe they are some kind of fldream team of coaches.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    Tosh is big piece of shit, but FUCK he can recruit like a motherfucker.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

He's one of these guys that was like a big brother but the older he gets the less he can sell that. PJ Fleck is like that. His youth and energy are selling points until he doesn't have that any more.

While we are on the subject of assistant coaches, why is everyone all over Jim Leavitt's cock? Because he had one good year at CU? Mario Cristobal? Fucker was demoted after last season by Saban. Give me 5 star OL and I'd would look pretty damn good too. I do like Keith Heyward but he's no Jimmy Lake.
    Wow you are wrong on every single one of those coaches- including Heyward who sucks.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2017
    Lupoi, Greatwood, Lake. If all the rumors hold true, that's going to be the strangest grouping of people since this:

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    How is Cal going to be able to afford these guys?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947

Cal's donor base dwarfs UW's. It's a matter of tapping it properly. But it's there.
  • Options

He might actually be getting better as a coach, since Saban seems to value him at a school that basically recruits itself. He's never called a game as DC, though, and I don't know if he's ready or able to do that.

After how he left Cal, and how he was forced to leave UW, I don't want him on Wilcox's staff. I don't care how good a recruiter he is, and I don't care when people say "oh he was young, he's matured." Show me the guy at 25, and I'll have a pretty good idea of the guy at 40.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    BearsWiin said:

Cal's donor base dwarfs UW's. It's a matter of tapping it properly. But it's there.
    Not gonna tap that.

BYU armpits > Cal hairy armpits
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,094
    BearsWiin said:

According to Wikipedia UW's endowment is like double Berkley's. If you can't get your donors lined up for academis they aren't giving it to foolsball.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    One private donor paid Dykes buyout
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

BearsWiin said:

According to Wikipedia UW's endowment is like double Berkley's. If you can't get your donors lined up for academis they aren't giving it to foolsball.
    UC's endowment is somewhere around $13B, UW's around $3B. That's for the whole university systems, not individual schools. That said, the money that systems have in endowments isn't exactly the same money that athletic departments have to play around with.

Cal got the money to do the facilities ($132M). Cal got the money to overpay Tedford. Cal got the money to get rid of Tedford and overpay Dykes. The money is there.

(notice that I'm not including the funding for the stadium - that's being financed. All the other funding, including for the new facilites, has been raised and paid for)
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    Goddamn Cal has the fattest, ugliest cheerleaders on the planet. I thought Californians appreciated nice figures, but I guess not in No Cal. Kreist. This is what happens when the data fags and nerds take over. Fuglies across the board.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options

Goddamn Cal has the fattest, ugliest cheerleaders on the planet. I thought Californians appreciated nice figures, but I guess not in No Cal. Kreist. This is what happens when the data fags and nerds take over. Fuglies across the board.

they speak highly of you too
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    First the Cal cheerleaders were grazing on the grass field, so they put in Astro Turf

Half of them tried to eat Astro Turf...

Now finally, with the Matrix Turf, a few sniff it, try a quick nibble, and leave it alone
  • Options
    I'm going to be shaking and about to vomit for the next two days. Staff announcements are expected Tuesday. People who claim to be in the know are hinting that this staff will be very very good.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But it's still ... Justin Wilcocks.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2017
    H_D said:
    Do you see String as a possible grad transfer to Cal? Thanks!