Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RESULTS: 3rd Annual Jesse Callier Post-Collegiate Impact Ranking

Hello Everyone, THE RESULTS ARE IN. Time for some ridicule and also some actual insight!

Brandon Beaver: 1.75 Rating; -1.25 differential from Scout. Nothing really to see here, just like his career. No one was too out of line, all votes were 1-3.

Shane Brostek: 1.92 Rating; -1.08 diff. So far all of you fuckers are doing good, all votes were 1-3. Bye, Shane.

Jake Eldrenkamp: 3.92 Rating; +.92 diff. Probably about right. Jake even got some 5 star ratings from: @Swaye, @Mad_Son, @CFetters_Nacho_Lover, @GrundleStiltzkin, and @JECAR. Can't really argue against that. We'll miss you Jake.

Psalm Wooching: 2.58 Rating; -.42 diff. Amazingly enough, this shows how disciplined we are in this exercise. We showed very good restraint in not punishing him for being who he is. That said, mad respect to the following for giving him a 1: @TTJ, @TierbsHsotBoobs, and @Swaye. Tierbs also wanted to make it clear that he would have given him a -81 if he could have.

Damion Turpin: 2.38 Rating; -.62 diff. Props to Damion. Never would have thought he would be this highly rated, props to our coaches too. @Alexis, @tvoie, and @Muttzen gave him 1's, but I won't call for their murder over that.

Jeff Lindquist: 1.6 Rating; -2.4 diff. Fun times, fun times. I'll let @TierbsHsotBoobs explain why he gave Lindquist a 5... Because I don't know why.

Kevin King: 4.48; +1.48 diff. Almost a fucking perfect rating imo. I think he's a 4.5, the fucker that ruined the 4.5 rating is @guntlove, he gave KEVIN KING a 3!!!!

Cameron Van Winkle: 3 Rating; 0 diff. This is so perfect, kickers deserve a 3 and a 0 differential. Classic. Well done, everyone.

Joe Mathis: 3.45 Rating; -.55 diff. Joe had votes ranging from 2-5. The 5's were @HHBruh and @Doogles; the 2's were @FremontTroll, @TierbsHsotBoobs, and @Alexis. I'd lean to giving him a 2 before I'd give him a 5. Curious what everyone else thinks.

John Ross: 4.72 Rating; +.72 diff. All his votes were 5's or 4's, he's worth 4 wins, so that makes sense.

Elijah Qualls: 4.42 Rating; +.42 diff. Like Ross, all his votes were 4's and 5's.

Darrell Daniels: 3 Rating; -1.0 diff. Standard three player. I AGREE.

Dane Crane: 1.03 Rating; -1.97 diff. DAMNIT, DANE! Everyone gave him a 1, except for 2 people that gave him a 2 for some reason. Maybe they enjoyed his personality or something since he NEVER FUCKING PLAYED... @PurpleReign, and @Doogles.

Darren Gardenhire: 2.22 Rating; -.78 diff. Enjoy Montana you idiot. Shoutout to @DeepSeaZ and @Mad_Son for being Darren's Dad's, as they both gave him a 4.

Sidney MOTHER FUCKING Jones: 4.95 Rating; +1.95 diff. Almost a unanimous 5, maybe @HelfrichFamilyVan, @Houhusky, and @steelheader2 wanted him to play QB and return kicks and punts too, to earn that 5. You dumb-asses.

Isaiah Renfro: 1.18 Rating; -2.82 diff. Thanks, just thanks. Props to @TurdBuffer for giving him a fucking 4 for some reason.

Budda "Buttah" Baker: 5 Rating; +1.0 diff. Our first Unanimous 5. You are a beautiful bastard. Good job, everyone.

So with this group of players done, we now have 4 classes completed using this survey: 2009-2012. Here is the breakdown on those classes:

2009--- JC Rating: 1.32; Diff. -1.26... Jesus Christ, Sark. You shit bag. BUT HE'S A GREAT RECRUITER!

2010--- JC Rating: 1.82; Diff. -1.31... Just, yeah. Good players, and some very bad.

2011--- JC Rating: 2.01; Diff. -1.12... Pretty solid, lots of shit still though.

2012--- JC Rating: 1.53; Diff. -1.37... Easily the worst class for Sark. So much pure shit, it's incredible. And this was his 4th class!

One thing that is becoming abundantly clear in doing this, and basically having all of Sark's players through at this point (2013 class is more Pete's now since he's been with them longer than Sark), is that Pete just doesn't have as much shit in his classes like Sark does. Even Sark's 2013 class has had a good amount of attrition, but Pete is getting a lot out of the lower end guys. And going forward, Pete's classes are looking fucking impressive, his 2014 class (transition class) already has a 5, and a near 5.

But yeah, those three stars for Sark did absolutely nothing for the most part over his classes. Where Pete three stars are fucking up people.

Anyways, if you have any questions just let me know and I can pass along more details.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I got a shoutout!

I like to ejaculate to Mathis' potential as much as anyone but he was a 1 up until this year.

His three conference games before breaking his feet (allegedly) get him to a 2.

If he had played at the level he did against Stanford for a whole season he might have gotten to a 4.

If he payed at that level. He might have been an all american candidate. He was a monster at the stanford and the oregon game.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think I got my first shoutout ever...and Turpin sucked balls people! Barely remembered he was even on the team.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I got a shoutout!

I like to ejaculate to Mathis' potential as much as anyone but he was a 1 up until this year.

If he had played at the level he did against Stanford for a whole season he might have gotten to a 4.

If he payed at that level. He might have been an all american candidate. He was a monster at the stanford and the oregon game.
    Yeah, if he played all year he was a 5. As far as I am concerned this isn't about your entire career but your maximum contribution (over some nebulous amount of time). Just because you're on the bench for a long time doesn't mean you don't later become an essential part of the team.

Gardenhire getting passed is a testament to how good others are, not a lack of contribution from him. Gardenhire was good last year hence the 4.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

I'm impressed by how many people took this seriously and didn't just try to fuck with the results.

We respect the Process.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    NEsnake12 said:

I'm impressed by how many people took this seriously and didn't just try to fuck with the results.

Yeah, it's actually greatly appreciated. When we first did this I thought for sure people would just fuck with it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Very true. I really believed Eldrenkamp was a 5, and Psalm was a 1. In my core.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Petersen has, thus far, been able to bring Sark's players up to their star rating, and bring his own players beyond their star rating.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years, as the Drew Samples, Ricky McCoys, and Andrew Baccelias have become Hunter Bryants, Marlon Tuialatpus and Ty Jones's

Not that Baccelia looks terrible, but does anyone see him ever doing anything of note?

I can't see him catching more than 15 balls. He's the only player on UW I saw play in high school and I didn't even realize he was on the team until weeks later when I looked at UW's recruiting class. I think he caught one ball for 6 yards in the game I went to.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

One thing that is becoming abundantly clear in doing this, and basically having all of Sark's players through at this point (2013 class is more Pete's now since he's been with them longer than Sark), is that Pete just doesn't have as much shit in his classes like Sark does. Even Sark's 2013 class has had a good amount of attrition, but Pete is getting a lot out of the lower end guys. And going forward, Pete's classes are looking fucking impressive, his 2014 class (transition class) already has a 5, and a near 5.

First I'd like to thank those that did this. I don't agree with everything but I also don't pay as much attention as a lot of you.

That being said. Right there is exactly what I've been saying and fucktards like Cowherd don't see. Sark made a lot of noise in recruiting and even generated buzz. But I totally think he recruited from Scout's website and did not care about players mental makeup. To make it worse, he supported their shitty attitudes and let it perpetuate. Not to mention he'd put off the recruits that have their heads on straight cause his salesman bullshit.

Pete brings in the right attitude and let's recruits know right away he's serious about it before they commit.

This survey confirms what most of us already knew. Not only could Sark not develop players, but many just didn't produce and stick around. This leads to larger recruiting classes which leads to higher rankings on paper. Which of course leads to the off season natty.

Where Pete keeps the players and they even contribute in subtle ways (see Lindquist, Jeff). He isn't 100%, but the fact we only have 14-16 slots open even with several under classman leaving early shows how well he's kept the talent. Which means more seniors contributing, not burning redshirts, etc.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017

In what universe is Sidney not a fucking 5?

10 years from now my syphilitic riddled mush of a mind will remember Ossai, Center and Buttah Baker... Not sydney jones.

Jones was amazing, Im not saying he wasn't a pivotal part of this years team and a possible future pro bowl player, but to me, part of being a 5 star was would they be remembered by casual faggy fans 5-8 years from now for their impact...

I also did this while drunk, so, w/e
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

I got a shoutout!

Yeah, if he played all year he was a 5. As far as I am concerned this isn't about your entire career but your maximum contribution (over some nebulous amount of time). Just because you're on the bench for a long time doesn't mean you don't later become an essential part of the team.

Gardenhire getting passed is a testament to how good others are, not a lack of contribution from him. Gardenhire was good last year hence the 4.
    It has to be the player's total contribution. Which IMO takes into account both peak and duration. Something like WAR for baseball nerds out there.

I don't give a 5 out unless someone was at a First/Second All-Conference level for at least two seasons.

No shame in the 4 category. Not everyone can be Buddah or Sid MF Jones.
    Mathis didn't contribute much cumulatively but did turn into a really good player. That's worth a couple of points. I can't remember if I gave him 3 or 4 but I can live with either.

I know that goes against the way most others others rate them for this exercise. It does go against the title itself (career impact rating). Fuck off though. My way makes sense to me.