Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Must not be liking the new TUFF culture at Oregon
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    It looks like Taggart is going to hire Mario Cristobal to coach OL and that makes me sad.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,177
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So Jalen Brown transfers....but Carrington the tweaker gets to stay.

Makes sense.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

So Jalen Brown transfers....but Carrington the tweaker gets to stay.

Makes sense.

That guy is still on the team?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Huge loss:

2 games: 10 catches, 186 yards, 2 tds

other 9 games combined: 9 catches, 132 yards, 1 td... a solid 1 catch for 16 yard average.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    Standard Supporter

It looks like Taggart is going to hire Mario Cristobal to coach OL and that makes me sad.

If Cristobal leaves, which failed head coach is next in line for Saban's staff?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,448
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess he didn't want to plow Taggart's field.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    One thing I can say for Cristobal, an ex-Cane, is that the mother fucker can recruit lights out, especially in so fla

Good hire. The good thing for us is Cristobal is a southern guy and the Ducks aren't going to vault the schools down there for the top guys because of an assistant.
    Not for the top guys and not for most guys, but there are so many good ones down there that sloppy fourths are not a bad serving.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Good hire. The good thing for us is Cristobal is a southern guy and the Ducks aren't going to vault the schools down there for the top guys because of an assistant.
    Yeah, the problem is they have two good OL that we are going to be going after in next years class in Oregon. Those guys are going to be very tough to pull out of there now.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The problem with recruiting Florida and the south in general for Oregon is a lot of those kids get homesick and end up leaving or not playing to their potential.

The problem with recruiting Florida and the south in general for Oregon is a lot of those kids get homesick and end up leaving or not playing to their potential.

Eh, even Washington State has brought in some kids from Florida over the years who have contributed.

The world is a smaller place now and kids leaving the south for the west coast don't feel like they're on Mars like they used to.

Charles Frederick was a head case.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Yeah, the problem is they have two good OL that we are going to be going after in next years class in Oregon. Those guys are going to be very tough to pull out of there now.
    The little bit of talent in the PNW will be spread out all over now that all four schools have competent head coaches. You have to factor is all of the big boys from othet regions will be in on them too if they are legit.

I can think of Suh going to Nebraska when they were not good and the D-End with the crazy African name going to UCLA when they were, well UCLA.

If the PNW has 15 legit recruits combined 5 just want to GTFO of the PNW, 5 will go to their dad's favorite school just because, and the other five is a crap shoot.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

The little bit of talent in the PNW will be spread out all over now that all four schools have competent head coaches. You have to factor is all of the big boys from othet regions will be in on them too if they are legit.

I can think of Suh going to Nebraska when they were not good and the D-End with the crazy African name going to UCLA when they were, well UCLA.

If the PNW has 15 legit recruits combined 5 just want to GTFO of the PNW, 5 will go to their dad's favorite school just because, and the other five is a crap shoot.
    Oregon has a competent head coach?

Mosster47 said:

Oregon has a competent head coach?
    Totally raysiss comment.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,760
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

Oregon has a competent comportment head coach?