Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gimme Shelter

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pink Floyd > the stones > zeppelin > The Who. Depends on the mood and I like all to some extent but The Who is easily the worst of the bunch.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pink Floyd > the stones > zeppelin > The Who. Depends on the mood and I like all to some extent but The Who is easily the worst of the bunch.

CHRIST
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Harvey
    Road,
    Yodeling
    Kike
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

I wood put LZ above the others, but I can't argee that they had the exquisite 6-album run because I just can't listen to III, too folksy. Yeah, Viking Kittens song is great and all, but the rest of the album is too celtic whimsical for my taste

This is precisely why LZ III is their best album. I love it when they go full British Isles cuntry.
    I suspect that you were raised in a vegan co-op.
    Hardly. Red meat eatin', right winger parents for me. But I like acoustic guitars a and a healthy dose of country and folk mixed into my rock music. This was part of their brilliance- e.g., on LZ IV you have some of their hardest rock juxtaposed with some of their best folk infused meanderings.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

I think we can agree that all three bands are much better than Styx.

@Dennis_DeYoung

Oh really? Then why was Styx the first band ever with four consecutive platinum albums?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

CaptainPJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Zeppelin > The Who >>>>>> Rolling Stones

Giving you a pass as Asian
    Smoke a pus filled cock PJ. The Stones can't hold a candle to either of those bands.

I was right about the NVA. As always.
    I am huge Zeppelin and Who fan, but to say the Stones can't hold a candle to either is FS. Everyone knows that the Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Stinky Fingers, Exile on Main Street run is the greatest 4 album winning streak in the history of rock music. Case closed.
    People forget Keith Richards had to beat a heroin charge in the gold medal round.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017

PurpleJ said:

CaptainPJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Smoke a pus filled cock PJ. The Stones can't hold a candle to either of those bands.

I am huge Zeppelin and Who fan, but to say the Stones can't hold a candle to either is FS. Everyone knows that the Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Stinky Fingers, Exile on Main Street run is the greatest 4 album winning streak in the history of rock music. Case closed.
    Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall is better. So is the 6-album run by Led that was mentioned earlier
    The Wall sucks. It's for people that think they take drugs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

CaptainPJ said:

PurpleJ said:

People forget Keith Richards had to beat a heroin charge in the gold medal round.
    Yep. He beat the heroin rap and then Some Girls came out.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

PurpleJ said:

I think we can agree that all three bands are much better than Styx.

@Dennis_DeYoung

Oh really? Then why was Styx the first band ever with four consecutive platinum albums?
    Because stupid people keep fucking and producing more idiots with shitty taste in music.

As proven by this thread.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2017

PurpleJ said:

CaptainPJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Millennial faggot version: "I am huge Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers fan but to say Bieber can't hold a candle to either is FS. Everyone knows that Butt Banquet, Let my Cunt Bleed, Pussy Tinklers, Micro-aggression on Main Street run is the greatest 4 album participation trophy streak in the history of post rock music. Case closed."
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

I wood put LZ above the others, but I can't argee that they had the exquisite 6-album run because I just can't listen to III, too folksy. Yeah, Viking Kittens song is great and all, but the rest of the album is too celtic whimsical for my taste

This is precisely why LZ III is their best album. I love it when they go full British Isles cuntry.
    Hardly. Red meat eatin', right winger parents for me. But I like acoustic guitars a and a healthy dose of country and folk mixed into my rock music. This was part of their brilliance- e.g., on LZ IV you have some of their hardest rock juxtaposed with some of their best folk infused meanderings.
    What do you think of lossy compression?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

PurpleJ said:

CaptainPJ said:

PurpleJ said:

@YellowSnow
    I love you man! Not ashamed to say it either!
    You guys are fucking old
    You can't get good musical taste from an algorithm.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Digital is for fags. Vinyl on a high end , audiophile turntable or GTFO (not some piece of shit, cheap millennial, hipster vinyl set up).
    Does Crossley count?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Digital is for fags. Vinyl on a high end , audiophile turntable or GTFO (not some piece of shit, cheap millennial, hipster vinyl set up).
    Does Crossley count?
    Sure. You'd definitely want to play all the most prized LPs in your collection on a Crossly over and over.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Does Crossley count?
    I like David Crosby. CSN better than the Byers, tho.

Still a Zeppelin man for Baseman

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Fall Out Boy is better than all the bands being listed.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Can we include metal? If so, Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and And Justice for All will never be topped. Ever.

I was gonna post that earlier but I couldn't decide whether Black Album should be included